Anyone here making the trip to Columbus, Ohio for the game?

Nah. No reason to visit Columbus when I can watch the game here in Omaha. Nothing to do in Columbus. Horse racing at Ag park will be over by then. Also they moved Behlen's A bomb test building and I'm not sure where to, so you can't see that. The Husker House is good but Omaha has more and better steak houses. I guess I could see the Higgins memorial and Pawnee park but both are kind of lack luster...

The temptation to watch a game in the shoe will be too much. I'll probably decide last minute like last year with Michigan and Wiscy and drive down from chi-town. OSU can't be worse than those games, right? :unsure: I stayed in Dublin when travelling for business and thought it was a nice area. Not too far away from cornfields so i felt at home :)

Nearby lodging

Blackwell Inn and Conference Center – 3 minute walk to Ohio Stadium
Varsity Inn OSU South – 27 minute walk to Ohio Stadium, 27 minutes by COTA bus
Fairfield Inn & Suites OSU – 39 minute walk to Ohio Stadium, 10 minutes by COTA bus
University Plaza Hotel and Conference Center – 41 minute walk to Ohio Stadium, 9 minutes by COTA bus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus - University Area – 44 minute walk to Ohio Stadium, 12 minutes  by COTA bus
Varsity Inn OSU North – 45 minute walk to Ohio Stadium, 12 minutes by COTA bus
Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU – 52 minute walk to Ohio Stadium; 38 minutes by COTA bus

Getting there and around
Parking at an OSU game
Walking safety tips and links to biking info
Riding COTA in five easy steps

H unger
You’re going to need some energy food to keep up with the atmosphere for the rest of the day – here are a couple favorites:
Eddie George’s Grille 27 – the Heisman Trophy winner’s sports themed restaurant (including 60 HD TVs!)
Raising Cane’s –  The best. Chicken fingers. Ever.

Nearby places you can grab a drink or take in some Buckeye spirit.

Skull Session – an exclusive opportunity to get a sneak peek at The Ohio State University Marching Band before the game
Ohio Union – there’s a ton of stuff to do here on game days, including free tours of the new building for alumni
Longaberger Alumni House – tailgating spots and catering are available - call ahead if you want an area
The Little Bar – great bar tailgating near the OSU campus; there’s even a giant 16-foot TV so you can keep up with the game
Varsity Club – one of the longest established bars and tailgate parties that attracts alumni and college students alike
O Patio – conveniently located on High Street, this bar has a covered patio featuring a gas fire pit for cooler fall days
WNCI River Jam – large tailgate on Lane Avenue featuring live music and food

O vertime

Some popular spots to celebrate a victory are in the bars in the South Campus Gateway.
Ugly Tuna Saloona – an high energy bar adjacent to campus that often features live bands
McFadden’s Restaurant & Saloon – a trendy bar with loud dance music and lively crowds

If you go, here are some tips and places to stay, eat, etc...hope this helps, and hope to see you there!

Would like to but as usual can't afford to. How do you think the Husker fans will be received in Columbus?

I think we will be fine in Columbus. These are big games between these schools and there has been no hatred started yet. Going to the game and tailgating will be fun, but just like some other people have said I would stay away from the bars. Too many people get cramed inside and lots of alcohol is consumed. That's just a breeding ground for trouble...

I think we will be fine in Columbus. These are big games between these schools and there has been no hatred started yet. Going to the game and tailgating will be fun, but just like some other people have said I would stay away from the bars. Too many people get cramed inside and lots of alcohol is consumed. That's just a breeding ground for trouble...

I am fairly casual OSU fan, live out of state (but driveable) and besides some OSU away games at IU and NW have been to the Horseshoe only for a couple early season games vs MAC teams. Even for those games vs MAC teams there's some slurs being thrown around - which I think is a little low class. Hung out at the campus bars afterwards and you run to the occasional drunk fan who wants to fight anything around him - even fellow OSU fans. Also, my car was broken into during the game. I had parked fairly far away.

I would find a place to tailgate during the day and if you're going to head out after the game, head to some nicer areas which I think are the Stadium District or Germantown (both downtown).

Like I've said many times before, it can't be worse than Madison. I'm taking my 14 yr old son and going with a buddy of his and his dad who are from Ohio. Can't wait.

Yes it can. Wisky is a distant second to the worst fans in the conference. Ohio fans are in a class all their own.

• Fire 1
Like I've said many times before, it can't be worse than Madison. I'm taking my 14 yr old son and going with a buddy of his and his dad who are from Ohio. Can't wait.

Yes it can. Wisky is a distant second to the worst fans in the conference. Ohio fans are in a class all their own.

ann arbor is a trash city in a trash state