UCLA camp not going well

Wonder if Fuller's thinking he made the wrong choice?

You be the judge...

"Devin Fuller continues to struggle with the pace, accuracy, follow through and release. He's adamant about playing quarterback and is not resigned to switching to another position. Mora seems to like what he sees in Fuller, who doesn't figure to be in the mix for a backup spot, much less a starting role."

Ouch

Wonder if Fuller's thinking he made the wrong choice?

You be the judge...

"Devin Fuller continues to struggle with the pace, accuracy, follow through and release. He's adamant about playing quarterback and is not resigned to switching to another position. Mora seems to like what he sees in Fuller, who doesn't figure to be in the mix for a backup spot, much less a starting role."

Ouch

Yeah, maybe us or TCU isn't looking so bad now...

This, is coaching 101. It is an acting job. Not that they were not screwing up, but its an acting job.

This. I had a high school coach that kicked us off the field every year in the walk through before the first game. The first time, it was oddly inspiring. The second time, it was clearly staged and we started to realize that he relied on gimmicks to get us motivated. So it can really go either way.

This, is coaching 101. It is an acting job. Not that they were not screwing up, but its an acting job.

Ya but what would people be saying if Bo did this tonight, we would probably be concerned about our team. I would rather hear whats coming out of our camp....confidence.

I like a little rough and tumble in preseason camp. Sharpens everyone up a bit.

I had a high school coach that kicked us off the field every year in the walk through before the first game. The first time, it was oddly inspiring. The second time, it was clearly staged and we started to realize that he relied on gimmicks to get us motivated. So it can really go either way.

If you want to get someone's attention, do what you don't normally do. If you're normally a quiet type, then raising your voice makes them feel you mean business. If you're a loud type, go dead quiet for a minute. It jars them, especially if they've begun tuning out the yelling (and they eventually will). That's all external though, and never lasts very long. As you say, they pick up on such things pretty quick.

I'll bet it's going better than Michigan's:

Michigan's offensive line down to five scholarship reserves, all freshmen, after Chris Bryant injury

Ouch...and we thought our offensive line situation was bad.

Barney Cotton was photographed at the scene breaking this kid's leg. :lol:

Seriously though, this probably bodes well for MU in '13 and beyond. But in '12, starting five true freshman or walk-ons = disaster. Those frosh better grow up quick otherwise the Wolverines might tank this season.

I'll bet it's going better than Michigan's:

Michigan's offensive line down to five scholarship reserves, all freshmen, after Chris Bryant injury

Ouch...and we thought our offensive line situation was bad.

Barney Cotton was photographed at the scene breaking this kid's leg. :lol:

Seriously though, this probably bodes well for MU in '13 and beyond. But in '12, starting five true freshman or walk-ons = disaster. Those frosh better grow up quick otherwise the Wolverines might tank this season.

Every Michigan fan will tell you Dennard Robinson doesn't need an offensive line.

Back to UCLA and Mora though. Mora said a while ago, his goal is to change the culture at UCLA bringing in more accountability and discipline to the football program.

Bo was never brought here to change the culture of football at Nebraska to something our players have never known, it was to "get this program on the right track".

Every Michigan fan will tell you Dennard Robinson doesn't need an offensive line.

Back to UCLA and Mora though. Mora said a while ago, his goal is to change the culture at UCLA bringing in more accountability and discipline to the football program.

Bo was never brought here to change the culture of football at Nebraska to something our players have never known, it was to "get this program on the right track".

I know. Dennard Robinson can play all five ol spots AND qb...that's how "talented" he is. :P

UCLA reminds me a lot of Colorado. Both teams are usually very talented but let the laziest among them hold sway. The result? Annually a 6-6 record.