2012 Presidential Election Polls

It is a fact that Democrats have perfected class warfare.

Facts are demonstrable. Show me.

Look at almost every election for decades. Almost every message the Democrats have put out is based on the lowly average person being down trodden by the evil managerial class.

What is their answer to everything? Tax the rich. Those evil rich people are taking advantage of you lowly employees. That upper class is taking all of your money and they have power over you. WE as the Democratic party fight for you and will take care of you.

Funny thing is, that Democratic party that acts like it is going to take care of all those sorry people who can't take care of themselves is ruled by a bunch of rich people who got rich on the backs of those lowly poor people.

Almost the entire Democratic platform is based on the premise that...."you can't take care of yourself, we can do it for you"....."I feel your pain" (spoken in Bill Clinton broken whiny voice)

Look at almost every election for decades. Almost every message the Democrats have put out is based on the lowly average person being down trodden by the evil managerial class.

What is their answer to everything? Tax the rich. Those evil rich people are taking advantage of you lowly employees. That upper class is taking all of your money and they have power over you. WE as the Democratic party fight for you and will take care of you.

Funny thing is, that Democratic party that acts like it is going to take care of all those sorry people who can't take care of themselves is ruled by a bunch of rich people who got rich on the backs of those lowly poor people.

Almost the entire Democratic platform is based on the premise that...."you can't take care of yourself, we can do it for you"....."I feel your pain" (spoken in Bill Clinton broken whiny voice)

And what is the Republicans' answer? Give tax breaks to the rich. Tell me how this is not "class warfare," just from a different angle?

The very term "class warfare" was used first by McCain to incite the base back in 2008. It's still going strong today, but it's as inane of an overstatement today as it was back then. It's hyperbolic hyperbole.

I know it's easier to just follow the herd and regurgitate the phrases you hear, but stop and think about how unnecessarily inflammatory that phrase is.

There are differences in philosophy between Conservatives and Liberals. We should be working to overcome or understand those differences, not fanning the flames of rhetoric by spewing out garbage like this. Work to make this a better America, stop being part of the problems driving us apart.

there was nary a single fact in that rambling.

And what is the Republicans' answer? Give tax breaks to the rich. Tell me how this is not "class warfare," just from a different angle?

The very term "class warfare" was used first by McCain to incite the base back in 2008. It's still going strong today, but it's as inane of an overstatement today as it was back then. It's hyperbolic hyperbole.

I know it's easier to just follow the herd and regurgitate the phrases you hear, but stop and think about how unnecessarily inflammatory that phrase is.

There are differences in philosophy between Conservatives and Liberals. We should be working to overcome or understand those differences, not fanning the flames of rhetoric by spewing out garbage like this. Work to make this a better America, stop being part of the problems driving us apart.

Not to mention that the actual facts show that if there is class warfare it is the rich who are winning.

I find it amazing that these focus groups and message packagers can so simplify things that people will willingly embrace a mindless slogan rather than analyzing the issue. Crazy.

Again: if there's class warfare, it's the rich who are winning . . . just look at the income gains in the past decade.

Not to mention that the actual facts show that if there is class warfare it is the rich who are winning.

I find it amazing that these focus groups and message packagers can so simplify things that people will willingly embrace a mindless slogan rather than analyzing the issue. Crazy.

Again: if there's class warfare, it's the rich who are winning . . . just look at the income gains in the past decade.

exactly, if this is not class warfare, i do not know what is:

A huge share of the nation's economic growth over the past 30 years has gone to the top one-hundredth of one percent, who now make an average of $27 million per household. The average income for the bottom 90 percent of us? $31,244.

i copied all of the graphs, but was prevented from posting the image extension. i strongly encourage you to visit the site.

This helped me understand your view better than the emoticons.. Thanks!

--

My original point was Siegel's email attacked the idea that the government is "helping" the employees by taxing businesses and the wealthy.

My use of the term "class warfare" was to describe the trend of "dependents" increasing as politicians promise more handouts - funded by taxing someone else they try to vilify as the source of all problems.

Politicians use rhetoric to convince the masses that other people with more money than them is somehow related to the fact they have less. This is often referred to as "zero-sum", a concept I reject for descriptive purposes of a free economy.

I believe relative wealth is irrelevant. Bill Gates having billions of dollars has no impact on my ability to obtain a billion dollars. His wealth and power does not somehow prevent others from being billionaires, the poor from elevating themselves to the middle class, or the middle class from becoming the comfortable wealthy.

Conversely, if enough people without his billions get together and decide to take it, they can.

This is the wealth redistribution, the poison pill of democracy, capitalism, and freedom.

But on Monday, Siegel sent the thousands of employees at Westgate a long letter saying that if Barack Obama is re-elected, Siegel might be forced to lay many of them off.

Mind you, he says he's not threatening anyone, or telling them for whom to vote.

But, he adds, "If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."

The crux of his complaint? He thinks he is paying too much in taxes, that the 1 percent are being unfairly burdened. "They want you to believe that it somehow makes sense to take more from those who create wealth and give it to those who do not, and somehow our economy will improve. They don't want you to know that the '1%,’ as they like to label us, pay more than 31% of all the taxes in this country."

But he is dead wrong. The top 1 percent paid 21.6 percent of the taxes in 2011. And here is the key: They earned 21 percent of all the income! The middle 20 percent earned 11.4 percent of the income, and paid 10.3 percent of the taxes, and the bottom 20 percent earned only 3.4 percent of the income and paid 2.1 percent of the taxes. In the end, it all pretty much evens out: Americans pay the same percentage of the taxes as they earn of the income. Sounds pretty darn fair to me, David. No redistribution there—just carrying one's fair share.

http://www.slate.com...op_whining.html

LOL Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Meanwhile, in the latest polls, Romney leads Obama by one point in three of the four major pollsters' polls: Gallup, IBD/TIPP and SurveyUSA. Obama leads by one point in Rasmussen.

I wonder if the mainstream media will continue to claim these polls are biased now that Romney is leading?

What do a couple of you Obama supporters fear most about Romney being elected?

A Romney presidency will see setbacks in foreign relations akin to the Bush II squandering of foreign goodwill after 9/11.

Of all the grand misstatements in your fear of Obama being defeated, this had to be the most intriguing. What good will? You mean the failed doctrine of appeasement that would make Neville Chamberlain blush?

The world is MUCH more incensed at the US now than when the great healer ascended the mountain. Some would argue that his continual braying about Osama's death is what really fostered the the latest 3 weeks of uprisings. (I won't speculate on that because there is no way to know). But this fantasy that we are now in better shape in world perception than four years ago is simply false.