So much youth....patience needed

HANC

my understanding is that tomerlin was recruited as a tight end but wanted to play defensive end. when he got here he was not big enough and then got hurt and has been switched back to tight end. he is or has redshirted.

i could be wrong and i have been before.

I think that I have read somewhere on this board that Tomerlin is taking a redshirt yr.

Thanks for the input on TE - DE :thumbs

my understanding is that tomerlin was recruited as a tight end but wanted to play defensive end.  when he got here he was not big enough and then got hurt and has been switched back to tight end.  he is or has redshirted.

I think that I have read somewhere on this board that Tomerlin is taking a redshirt yr.

I heard that he was not physically strong enough to compete at this time, thus the RS year. If thats true or not........ <_<

i saw him in street clothes on the sideline of the KSU game and he just does not look that big to be a tight end or defensive end. he was standing next to Stu Bradley and Bradley just appeared bigger.

what is bradley 6-3 220/230? and if he is bigger then tomerlin i dont think he will be playing much of either of those positions.

what is the ht/wt on tomerlin? his stats sound bigger then he looks in person but who knows.

maybe it is just me

my understanding is that tomerlin was recruited as a tight end but wanted to play defensive end.  when he got here he was not big enough and then got hurt and has been switched back to tight end.  he is or has redshirted.

I heard that he was not physically strong enough to compete at this time, thus the RS year. If thats true or not........ <_<

Earlier in the season they had him at about 20-30% due to a severe rib injury which may explain his "lack of strength". He is listed on Huskers.com as 6'6" 265lbs.

I had heard that he wanted to try tight end and if the coaches felt he could be one of the top 10 TE's in the country that he would stick there and if not, he would move back to the defensive side. I think this was also when they thought Herian would be back for the ISU game.

From another thread by Slugger Joe:

My son and I went to the Nebraska-Kansas State football game. By most standards, it was not a pretty game. But here's another take. I witnessed a first-year QB break a 33-year-old passing record to become the most prolific passer in NU history. I saw him throw two touchdown passes to an 18-year-old receiver - the most prolific frosh receiver in memory. I saw an 18-year-old special teamer take four points off KSU's scoreboard in blocked kicks. I saw an 18-year-old QB walk on the field for the first time and drive our team into field goal position so an 18-year-old could make the game-winning kick to send us to a bowl game for the 40th time in 41 years.

It has been said that sports doesn't build character, it reveals it. I think our young and inexperienced team has shown a lot of character this year. I'm afraid a lot of our "fans" have not.

My son and I went to the Nebraska-Kansas State football game. By most standards, it was not a pretty game. But here's another take. I witnessed a first-year QB break a 33-year-old passing record to become the most prolific passer in NU history. I saw him throw two touchdown passes to an 18-year-old receiver - the most prolific frosh receiver in memory. I saw an 18-year-old special teamer take four points off KSU's scoreboard in blocked kicks. I saw an 18-year-old QB walk on the field for the first time and drive our team into field goal position so an 18-year-old could make the game-winning kick to send us to a bowl game for the 40th time in 41 years.

It has been said that sports doesn't build character, it reveals it. I think our young and inexperienced team has shown a lot of character this year. I'm afraid a lot of our "fans" have not.

You forgot about the 3 18 yearolds on the line and the 18 year old in the backfeild also. :horns2:horns2

This was in the "Voices in the Grandstand" in the World Herald as well.