Democrats Shift Language on Israel, Remove 'God-Given' From Platform

So BO personally intervened to put the language back.................But earlier had signed off on the platform......? Hmmmm

pretty sure pelini had nothing to do with this.

I know Huskerboarders get immersed in all things Bo, but B.O. just might stand for some White House guy's initials.........

When you say the founders and the constitution you are combining them, which would imply they both didn't think god should be in government anywhere. My point being that those same founders included god in the Declaration of Independence. The constitution was written by said founders/ signers of the DOI. Being that the DOI is the beginning of our nation I would say that it holds a little bit of weight in our governments history.

When you say the founders and the constitution you are combining them, which would imply they both didn't think god should be in government anywhere. My point being that those same founders included god in the Declaration of Independence. The constitution was written by said founders/ signers of the DOI. Being that the DOI is the beginning of our nation I would say that it holds a little bit of weight in our governments history.

I think that it holds more than a little weight historically. However, when those men created our governmental system they made a conscious decision to omit "God." Some conclusions can be drawn from that.

They should have followed the lead of the founders and the Constitution and kept God out.

If you're advocating for our government being strictly limited by what's in the Constitution, I'm with you.

Can you imagine, federal politicians on both sides would freak out.

Trying to get back on topic, isn't anyone going to mention the fact that the vote was rigged. That according to procedure the vote required a 2/3 in favor vote to pass and clearly got no where close to that. The speaker had the teleprompter telling him to pass the motion regardless of the results, and tried iirc 3 times before pushing through the motion.

Trying to get back on topic, isn't anyone going to mention the fact that the vote was rigged. That according to procedure the vote required a 2/3 in favor vote to pass and clearly got no where close to that. The speaker had the teleprompter telling him to pass the motion regardless of the results, and tried iirc 3 times before pushing through the motion.

Inter-party procedure bores me. I care about this about as much as I care about the GOP procedurally disposing of their Ron Paul problem.

Meh. I suppose the attending delegates care.