People are talking about....NEBRASKA!

ladyhawke

Quote in the espn vid: "But it's gonna be a bigger test this week when Nebraska comes to town. They're superior to Rice in almost every way."

Almost? Come on espn guy, where is does Rice have us out-manned?

:lol:

Probably special teams. Maher had a terrible day. Between two missed fieldgoals, a botched punt, and didn't he kick it out of bounds on a kick off? Then, we have the blown coverage on a kick off return for a touchdown.

Someone had a good point on another board, Maher has not been good in his last 2 games if you include the bowl game against S Carolina, had alot of time to think about the bowl game, and probably came out and tried too hard to redeem himself. Im not worried but that point did make me think a little bit. Good kickers can all of the sudden fall of the map because they cant recover mentally. Not saying thats going to happen, but its something we can keep an eye on over the next few games. A few good field goals should pull him out of his funk, its all mental at this point, just hope he can recover.

I've seen it happen a lot more in high school than at the college level, but yes it does happen when a kicker loses their confidence. I guess it's one of the risks you take when making your kicker your punter as well. That one punt was just awful. We're going to need better special team play across the board or it could cost us a game or two this year.