Fact checking Clinton's speech

Politics is all about lying to get votes and doing whatever the f#*k you please.

I hate that notion. I don't mind when they use the numbers to their advantage because people can always figure out where things are coming from, but when they flat out lie that is completely irresponsible and should be impeachable for a publicly elected official.

I do find it interesting that this thread has completely derailed from talking Clinton's speech, which did have some exaggerations, but not much that would hit a 'liar, liar, pants on fire' rating that Ryan's hit, to debating the Ryan speech thread. I guess people must be of a similar mind.

I would love to talk about his speech, but given the tone of the second post and my view of the speech I feel like I will be chastised as a liberal and defender of all things to the extreme left.

We both said dozens without specifying people or posts.

If I recall correctly . . . there are dozens of posts defending Ryan's lies.

Ok, you did specify posts and that is the way I took it. Now where are these 12 or so figments of your imagination? I would be satisfied with just half a dozen examples. Don't bother providing links to the two topics- been there, done that. Show me some actual text defending a confirmed lie. I don't think you can find more than two and even then it would be a big stretch to claim a lie was being defended.

I intended to let you off the hook here but since you wanted to get the win on this very minor point of wording, which cameI about much later in the exchange, I guess I'll go back and ask you to prove up your assertion. Prove ir or retract it.

Politics is all about lying to get votes and doing whatever the f#*k you please.

I hate that notion. I don't mind when they use the numbers to their advantage because people can always figure out where things are coming from, but when they flat out lie that is completely irresponsible and should be impeachable for a publicly elected official.

I do find it interesting that this thread has completely derailed from talking Clinton's speech, which did have some exaggerations, but not much that would hit a 'liar, liar, pants on fire' rating that Ryan's hit, to debating the Ryan speech thread. I guess people must be of a similar mind.

I would love to talk about his speech, but given the tone of the second post and my view of the speech I feel like I will be chastised as a liberal and defender of all things to the extreme left.

Then argue back. Don't let fear of disagreement keep you quiet. That is a problem in general with politics, and society at the moment.

Believe me I love to argue, I've been told on more than one occasion that I should be a lawyer, but these things always turn into a pissing match on here and no one is really open to listening and evolving their views'. It seems like someone always has to be wrong.

Believe me I love to argue, I've been told on more than one occasion that I should be a lawyer, but these things always turn into a pissing match on here and no one is really open to listening and evolving their views'. It seems like someone always has to be wrong.

I think that's message boards in general. The odds of someone changing parties are slim . . . but in depth discussions on discrete issues could be productive. At the very least it makes you challenge your own thinking and look to see if the facts support your beliefs.