Announcer Bias or Just Me?

Flood

Why is it that there is ALWAYS some kind of bias? Maybe networks/commentators aren't biased....maybe, just perhaps, maybe we've been largely mediocre to poor for the last decade and those outside our program just call em like they see em? We sh#t the bed on national tv tonight and quite honestly the very last thing I was concerned about was biased commentating.

Well, the bias, if it was bias, was certainly well placed.

UCLA played a great game.

Something galls me, though, when those kinda calls are made in the first couple series. I have often said and thought the same, when the bias was TOWARD the Huskers. I'd rather see a neutral called game. It is nice, sometimes, to see the announcers doing the ultra-fast retreat and go-with-the-other-team routine.

We were outgunned tonight, I agree. But I also think the first couple series was a little too soon to be saying the equivalent of "Well, that 87 year old CB for Nebraska saw his best days just before Pearl Harbor, but dadgummit, the ole fella is sure trying hard for his age. Too bad he has to take all those enema breaks to recharge his fizdoodle."

Okay, that's an exaggeration. But in any game I'd rather see a fair call, for both teams. Not that it affected the outcome, mind you. We were outplayed and the better team won.

It was irritating to me, and I have been irritated in the past when announcers lowered the boom in NU's favor far too soon.

It's just you.

Sorry, but Husker fans are disgustingly sensitive to this. If an announcer isn't slobbering all over us then they hate us. C'mon.

This.

i agree somewhat, i seriously think they raved about ucla the entire game

B007 you've proven yourself to be pretty irrational via the totality of your posting history on this site. So I'll feel okay disagreeing with you

It's just you.

Sorry, but Husker fans are disgustingly sensitive to this. If an announcer isn't slobbering all over us then they hate us. C'mon.

This.

i agree somewhat, i seriously think they raved about ucla the entire game

B007 you've proven yourself to be pretty irrational via the totality of your posting history on this site. So I'll feel okay disagreeing with you

Plus he seems to be under the influence. I did think they were up on UCLA a little more, but we as a fanbase are really paranoid about this sh#t. If it's not these guys it's bitching about our lack of coverage on ESPN. All these problems would be solved if we just won some f'ing games and were relevant again.

We lost, of course, and I have no problem with announcing in that regard, or late in the game.

We played close, though, and listening to the announcers, I would have thought it was a predetermined outcome that we would be stomped.

I do not know the 2 announcers, the color guy was a little more fair I thought.

Even when we win, I do not like when the announcers show an apparent bias toward our Huskers. There are two teams on the field, and the families of both sides are listening.

I do not like to think about mothers, fathers, grandfathers, brother, sisters, and all other relations and friends, hearing the announcers blatantly saying "these guys stink". And as I said, it goes both ways. I just don't like it and would rather a stale broadcast than a couple homers in the booth.

Sure I wish we had won, but this has little to do with that. I have had this feeling for years, even if it (supposedly) went in favor of the Huskers. It's just not good and stands in opposition to good sportsmanship. Also, it's just not good.