Y'all said for me to come back after the game....

So here I am!

Y'all said that Rice was a terrible team, but we hung more yards on you than we did them.

Y'all laughed when I posted my "a point I want to make" thread regarding our team speed, and how our defensive speed was going to pressure your QB into doing some bad things.

Y'all said you were going to hang 60 on us.

Y'all said you hoped to hurt our QB.

Y'all called me a troll because I disagreed with your views.

Y'all said that Arkansas State was better than UCLA....

Y'all said that Mora was a lousy coach.

I understand where how you feel today...it wasn't too long ago that we got steam rollered by USC 50-0, and your loss last night isn't anywhere near that bad.. Funny thing was, that's what it took for our athletic department to make a long needed change, not just with the coach, but with the whole culture within the football program. In that sense, our loss to USC wasn't that bad. Sure, it indicated how bad we were, but it was what prompted the beginning of our resurgence.

We all love college football, or we wouldn't be here. But when you're betting with your heart on a bunch of teenagers, some crazy things can happen...

I think you guys will be all right...your league will be interesting this year, as will ours. Had some great conversations with Husker fans in the Rose Bowl last night....kinda got the feeling y'all don't like Texas?

I don't have a problem with the OP coming back to post.

We may not like it, but he was correct.

Rather than bitching about it, we need to admit we were wrong and FIX some things.

If we do, the season remains salvageable and the conference is not overwhelming.

We should shut up and get better.

I like how the Bruin fan cherry-picks his gloat. Many, many people here were openly concerned about our defense, and many didn't predict a huge blowout win for Nebraska - in fact, there were quite a few predicting a tough, close game. Quite a few predicting trouble for the defense.

I'm glad you're glad your Bruins won, OP. They played very well on offense, and well enough on defense to earn the win. But don't act as if this entire board was predicting a Husker blowout victory. We have a lot of savvy people here who were worried about this team, and particularly this defense, before the season kicked off.

So here I am!

Y'all said that Rice was a terrible team, but we hung more yards on you than we did them.

Y'all laughed when I posted my "a point I want to make" thread regarding our team speed, and how our defensive speed was going to pressure your QB into doing some bad things.

I understand where how you feel today...it wasn't too long ago that we got steam rollered by USC 50-0, and your loss last night isn't anywhere near that bad.. Funny thing was, that's what it took for our athletic department to make a long needed change, not just with the coach, but with the whole culture within the football program. In that sense, our loss to USC wasn't that bad. Sure, it indicated how bad we were, but it was what prompted the beginning of our resurgence.

We all love college football, or we wouldn't be here. But when you're betting with your heart on a bunch of teenagers, some crazy things can happen...

I think you guys will be all right...your league will be interesting this year, as will ours. Had some great conversations with Husker fans in the Rose Bowl last night....kinda got the feeling y'all don't like Texas?

Okay, here is the problem. u-cla has bad "fans"....they always have. They don't know how to lose (they abandon the prorgram in droves or just lose interest), and they are much worse at winning (because they almost never win anything of importance). At the game I witnessed large numbers of u-cla fans booing (not isolated cases...LARGE numbers), numerous individuals taunting, cursing, flipping the bird (one particular A-hole "fan" in front of us flipping the double bird at us and all the other Husker fans around him), and calling out Husker fans each time u-cla gained some yards or stopped us. Even the guy behind me who tried to ACT like he was a cool guy, he kept saying crap about our team and how overated we are....problem is, u-cla "fan" is usually too football ignorant to realize that if WE are overated...then this victory doesn't mean nearly as much as it would if we were actually a good team. The thing is, they are right about US being overated, but they don't see the other end of the equation...they are not that good. They scored 36...if they were a really good team, they would have scored 63. We never stopped the run, and seldom stopped the pass other than the times when their freshman qb played like a freshman and made bad decisions or was inconsistant and over (or under) threw the receivers. This u-cla team is not back....they have not changed the culture...Jim Mora is not a great coach....this team will lose 5 games this year and be the same old u-cla I have been watching for the last 50 years. This happens every time u-cla "upsets" someone...then they fold like a cheap suit, and you don't hear from their idiot fans again until the next time (three years later) when they "upset" someone again. This OP is a typical moron u-cla "fan". I guess we should expect nothing more from them. Their lack of football knowledge combined with always being second best...Not second best in conference (they aspire to that), not even second best in the state (that would even be an out-of-reach dream)...no, these guys are not even the best team in their own city. They don't have a stadium to play in, they don't have any championships (well, half of one back when Eisenhower was president) and they don't have any real "fans". Trust me....all these u-cla "fans" will be wearing their Reggie Bush jerseys in a couple of weeks.

It wasn't you as much as it was us. Time will tell if UCLA is any better than the middle-of-the-PAC team I think they are. But we've been over these same problems many many times with ordinary teams looking like all-stars due to our diminishing talent and excessive hype. The Big Ten in general is looking pretty sad at this point. Sad beating sad does not equal happy.

I'm not sure who said some of those things to you. Hanging 60 on you - No. Mora a lousy coach - No. Arky State better than UCLA - No. Wanting to hurt your QB - No. Whoever said any of those things is an idiot. We had a lot of reasons to believe we would beat you guys. You had reasons to believe you could beat us. It's very clear today who the better team is. I think the most impressive thing about UCLA was how aggressive and physical you guys were. There was a lot of hitting and just plain muscle n' hustle going on out there. UCLA looks like they could make a push for a top tier bowl game with the way their schedule looks. Congrats on the win, very impressive.

I predicted UCLA would win on someone's status update before kickoff. I have also come here to gloat.

Also, from now on, all of my posts will be written in Comic Sans.

Hmmmm, bucky...maybe you should just remain quiet lest someone decide to bring up oregon state.....

Go ahead, what's there to say? Nothing I'm going to argue with. We suck. The coaching was bad. Kids need some work. It is what it is.

I predicted UCLA would win on someone's status update before kickoff. I have also come here to gloat.

Also, from now on, all of my posts will be written in Comic Sans.

Hmmmm, bucky...maybe you should just remain quiet lest someone decide to bring up oregon state.....

Go ahead, what's there to say? Nothing I'm going to argue with. We suck. The coaching was bad. Kids need some work. It is what it is.

This should be the new Big Ten slogan

So here I am!

So a Whorn fan comes here in sheep's clothing. You just can't let it go, can you? We dumped you. Goodbye.

• Fire 1