So.....

When as a fan base do we start placing Pelini and his staff on the hot seat?? Before some of you say that I am overreacting hear me out. I really like Pelini and the way he coaches our kids but I am seeing some alarming trends. The lack of consistency and bad player form are becoming more evident with every year that he is here. As many of you witnessed last night, our defense is very slow. Especially on the line. We take bad pursuit angles and when we do send in the blitzes, they do not have the closing speed to hit someone in the back field. Why is our defense not swarming to the ball? Why are our players not mentally in the game? I know this is only the second game of the season but if Pelini and his coaching staff do not fix the bad tackling and inconsistent play of our team, this could every well be a long and gut wrenching season. I do love how Pelini put our program back on track so to speak from the debacle that was the "Callahan era", but I think the man has possibly peaked as a head coach here at Nebraska.

Thoughts? Input?

Until the trend of averaging over nine wins a season ends...

Until the trend of graduating players ends...

Until the trend of Academic All Americans ends...

Until the trend of Nebraska being synonomous with "doing things the right way" ends...

...all other trends are useless to look at when assessing Bo's future here.

• Fire 1

Oh, I think he is clearly on the hotseat. And as this coaching staff has shown no ability to adapt during the season. At this point we can count on losses to Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State. Mobile QBs with the first three, and much better lines with the 4th.

Do people know what it means to be "on the hotseat"?

It means he is danger of being fired. Pelini is not in danger of being fired.

Oh, I think he is clearly on the hotseat. And as this coaching staff has shown no ability to adapt during the season. At this point we can count on losses to Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State. Mobile QBs with the first three, and much better lines with the 4th.

Do people know what it means to be "on the hotseat"?

It means he is danger of being fired. Pelini is not in danger of being fired.

You are correct. As long as Grandpa Tom is here...his job is safe. Now when and if the boosters start grumbling, that could be a different story.

I think he has to win less than 8 games for a few years straight before his job is in danger.

For the old hands among admin and fans, the memory of what happened after Frank is still too fresh. I don't know whether this is good or not, and much is said about how long it took Tom to really get going, but all that gets factored in there, too.

UCLA looked good, really good. In the future, if someone asks me what I mean when I say "the other team WANTED it more", I will refer them to a replay of this game. We were not good enough to win it anyway, but had our guys "wanted it more" we might have snuck out with a win. That, is maybe the bigger concern. Is this silly entitlement rampant among players now, rather than just fans?

Lets see what happens. We played horribly and lost by 6. We'll most likely win a few we should've lost and lose a few we should've won....that's our team. Until we get more talent on D it'll be like this......we're officially a west coast team. If the D keeps us out of trouble our O coasts to a win...... the entire offensive game plan would change.....we'd probably play some fresh young talent who are itching to see the field and not even think about the disaster a bad D would've imposed on us.

Lets see what happens. We played horribly and lost by 6. We'll most likely win a few we should've lost and lose a few we should've won....that's our team. Until we get more talent on D it'll be like this......we're officially a west coast team. If the D keeps us out of trouble our O coasts to a win...... the entire offensive game plan would change.....we'd probably play some fresh young talent who are itching to see the field and not even think about the disaster a bad D would've imposed on us.

When in the last four years have we 'won one we should've lost?' That has not been Bo's make up. We always lose at least one we should not have lost though.

When in the last four years have we 'won one we should've lost?' That has not been Bo's make up. We always lose at least one we should not have lost though.

But don't you start the season with high expectations despite the reality of this horrible defense? If you expect to win every game then I won't be able to find any, but I think there might be a few.

2011....Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State?? 2010.....Oklahoma State?

Clemson '08

should have beat a strong Texas Tech team in '08 IN LUBBOCK

Missouri '09

Oklahoma '09

Oklahoma State '10

Michigan State '11

Not saying I'm not disappointed in last year and this year so far. Just saying that using statements like the one you just wrote doesn't help prove your point.