My take on what needs to be done to right this ship...

FLU

I'll say it again: until we are willing to open up the pocketbook and hire an established big name coach that kids actually want to play for things aren't going to change. Bo has reached his peak as a head coach. Recruiting = championships. LSU, Bama, etc. consistently rank in the Top 5 for recruiting and look where they end up. We usually finish #20-#25 in recruiting and look where we end up. Bo does not have a good reputation nationally; people think he's crazy/a loose cannon. I personally like Bo, and thought he was a good hire, but the lack of defense baffles me, and the same mistakes continue season after season.

Some names who come to mind: Bill Cowher, Chris Petersen, Jon Gruden, Gary Patterson, Jimmy Johnson??? Heck I'd even be willing to give Bobby Petrino a chance at redemption.

I just want my Huskers back. crying.jpg

You will not attract any big name coaches if you keep firing guys for 9 and 10 win seasons....Anyone calling for Bo's head at tgis point is a moron....

I agree however....when do you start holding him accountable for his team's lack luster performance game in and game out. Yes we look good beating cup cake teams but when it comes to playing above average teams, we don't seem to get it done!

Doesn't necessarily have to be a big name. It could be someone with proven HC experience at a smaller school with a strong staff that has proven results in both recruiting and X's and O's.

We hired someone with zero HC experience that doesn't recruit well and doesn't seem to have the confidence to pick the best staff he can find but rather picks guys that he personally likes for whatever reason. Nebraska will never lose less than 4 games a year with this guy.

• Fire 1

I'll say it again: until we are willing to open up the pocketbook and hire an established big name coach that kids actually want to play for things aren't going to change. Bo has reached his peak as a head coach. Recruiting = championships. LSU, Bama, etc. consistently rank in the Top 5 for recruiting and look where they end up. We usually finish #20-#25 in recruiting and look where we end up. Bo does not have a good reputation nationally; people think he's crazy/a loose cannon. I personally like Bo, and thought he was a good hire, but the lack of defense baffles me, and the same mistakes continue season after season.

Some names who come to mind: Bill Cowher, Chris Petersen, Jon Gruden, Gary Patterson, Jimmy Johnson??? Heck I'd even be willing to give Bobby Petrino a chance at redemption.

I just want my Huskers back. crying.jpg

Jeez calling for Bo's head already? ...Btw the only guy I would want in the names you listed would be Chris Petersen who I think is the 3rd best coach in the nation. Either way it isn't going to happen, and I like Bo here... Had a lot of guys in the right place last night, but just didn't make the plays.

You will not attract any big name coaches if you keep firing guys for 9 and 10 win seasons....Anyone calling for Bo's head at tgis point is a moron....

I agree however....when do you start holding him accountable for his team's lack luster performance game in an

d game out. Yes we look good beating cup cake teams but when it comes to playing above average teams, we don't seem to get it done!

He should be held accountable, but not fired.... To your point earlier about recruiting, I think Bo had trouble recruiting great athletes a couple years ago, but it seems that the past couple of classes the level of athletes has improved... In my opinion the talent will start showing through on defense in a couple years.... It already is showing on offense, despite all the bitching, I feel the offense is stacked....

Doesn't necessarily have to be a big name. It could be someone with proven HC experience at a smaller school with a strong staff that has proven results in both recruiting and X's and O's.

We hired someone with zero HC experience that doesn't recruit well and doesn't seem to have the confidence to pick the best staff he can find but rather picks guys that he personally likes for whatever reason. Nebraska will never lose less than 4 games a year with this guy.

I actually think we'll lose less then 4 games this year... B1G is weak....

As stated above, I am not calling for Bo's head... yet. I like Bo; I thought he was a good hire. However, the guys we are recruiting just aren't getting it done. We need a legit coach who can recruit top-notch talent. And I don't want to hear any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Nebraska. Tuscaloosa is nothing special either, yet Saban gets top-notch talent there year after year, all because kids WANT to play for him.

I agree however....when do you start holding him accountable for his team's lack luster performance game in an

d game out. Yes we look good beating cup cake teams but when it comes to playing above average teams, we don't seem to get it done!

He should be held accountable, but not fired.... To your point earlier about recruiting, I think Bo had trouble recruiting great athletes a couple years ago, but it seems that the past couple of classes the level of athletes has improved... In my opinion the talent will start showing through on defense in a couple years.... It already is showing on offense, despite all the bitching, I feel the offense is stacked....

Barely managing to crack the Top 25 in recruiting each year is not going to cut it, IMO.

As stated above, I am not calling for Bo's head... yet. I like Bo; I thought he was a good hire. However, the guys we are recruiting just aren't getting it done. We need a legit coach who can recruit top-notch talent. And I don't want to hear any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Nebraska. Tuscaloosa is nothing special either, yet Saban gets top-notch talent there year after year, all because kids WANT to play for him.

No, but they are in the second coming of Christ Conference. With as much hype the SEC gets about being the "the best conference", kids are going to lean towards going to the Tuscaloosa's, the Gainesville's, etc. The SEC as a whole can pretty much pick and choose which players they want and the rest of the conferences get to pick up the scraps.