My take on what needs to be done to right this ship...

FLU

As stated above, I am not calling for Bo's head... yet. I like Bo; I thought he was a good hire. However, the guys we are recruiting just aren't getting it done. We need a legit coach who can recruit top-notch talent. And I don't want to hear any BS about how hard it is to get kids to come to Nebraska. Tuscaloosa is nothing special either, yet Saban gets top-notch talent there year after year, all because kids WANT to play for him.

SEC is easier to recruit to. Now I know you live in Louisiana, do you see the talent here? It's amazing and all of them are brainwashed SEC. I hate the SEC, but you have to admit the talent, particularlly the speed, is elite.

If you cant recruit you cant win. Iowa and Wisconsin's years of not recruiting well has finally caught up with them. We gotta go after more athletic guys. You see teams like USC, LSU, Alabama, Georgia always in the top 10 not only in recruiting but in the polls. We finished #25 last year and UCLA finished #13 in recruiting and it showed on the field yesterday. It was obvious which team was faster and more athletic. Right now for 2013 we are #29, hope Bo puts us in the top 20 by signing day

How much of our really good talent in Bo's era was been Juco? I know LD was. I know Gomes was. What about Dennard? I don't have time to research this(I probably should feed the kids this weekend), could our lack of sustained talent development be the result of relying heavily on the Jucos?

Seems like they don't want to burn redshirts so they keep kids off the field, even if the ones who are on the field aren't producing. I've always been one who believes that the best player should play, not the one with the most seniority.

The guys Bo has gotten in the last couple years (Valentine,Curry,Moss,Williams) seem like better athletes then the guys he was gettting before that (Ashburn,Randle, and the Minnesota kid Tobi?)..... Also compare Compton,Whaley, and Fisher to Santos, Zaire,, and Charles Jackson.... Now im talking athletic ability, and that seems to have improved in recruiting lately....

The guys Bo has gotten in the last couple years (Valentine,Curry,Moss,Williams) seem like better athletes then the guys he was gettting before that (Ashburn,Randle, and the Minnesota kid Tobi?)..... Also compare Compton,Whaley, and Fisher to Santos, Zaire,, and Charles Jackson.... Now im talking athletic ability, and that seems to have improved in recruiting lately....

We haven't seen those guys play yet, though. Compton looked really good coming out of highschool, as did Whaley. But something's not going well in developing players.

All I know is, there was a time when no matter how bad my life was, personally or professionally or whatever, Nebraska football was the one consistent thing that I could always count on. They were the one thing, year in and year out, that was good, and dependable. I never had to worry whether or not they would be good, because it was a given that they would be.

Sadly, those days are long-past.

LSU head honchos used to have the same mentality that NU's execs currently have. They didn't want to pay big money to hire a big-name coach. However, finally they got fed up with mediocrity and opened up their checkbook and said, "OK Nick Saban, how much do you want?" And the rest is history.

Until Nebraska's willing to do the same, mediocrity will be the norm.

We haven't seen those guys play yet, though. Compton looked really good coming out of highschool, as did Whaley. But something's not going well in developing players.

This has been pattern for quite some time now. McKewon showed flashes greatness when he was a Frosh then went down hill from there. Cam, Compton, Whaley, etc have all run the same route. Not sure what's going but it needs to be fixed

This has been pattern for quite some time now. McKewon showed flashes greatness when he was a Frosh then went down hill from there. Cam, Compton, Whaley, etc have all run the same route. Not sure what's going but it needs to be fixed

And obviously, it's only on the defensive side of the ball. Martinez has improved drastically. Abdullah had the game of his life yesterday, Heard looks great but only gets 3 carries a game. Our receivers and tight ends look fantastic, except for a few drops. i think Bo needs to leave the offense to Beck and everyone else and start re-focusing on defense. Even though Beck wasn't the greatest yesterday.

I was just speaking to athletic ability. Who knows how they'll turn out....

LSU head honchos used to have the same mentality that NU's execs currently have. They didn't want to pay big money to hire a big-name coach. However, finally they got fed up with mediocrity and opened up their checkbook and said, "OK Nick Saban, how much do you want?" And the rest is history.

Until Nebraska's willing to do the same, mediocrity will be the norm.

Was Saban a head honcho before he started winning at LSU?