Rankings are out.....good lord!

mwj98

By that broken logic then Minnesota is a more legit program than Nebraska because they have more National Titles.

Wisky has zero national titles and recruits mediocre players.

Notre Dame has several titles and recruits in the top-15 every year.

No one thinks Notre Dame has a better program outside of Beano Cook. I'm not talking about 1958 or 1988. I'm talking about NOW. quit living in the past.

YES!!! You finally get it....YES!!! Even Minnesota is more significant than Wisconsin. Until they win a title, Wisconsin is nothing more than a team that put together a few good seasons and made it to a top tear bowl game a few times...

...in re-reading YOUR twisted logic, are you trying to suggest that Wisconsin is a better program than Notre Dame? Seriously? What is up with you guys? Is your sense of history and tradition so vacuous that it only matters what happens this year, or the last 3-4 years? Again, YES!!! Notre Dame is a far superior program to Wisconsin (if that was your point).

Ok fine. you win

Minnesota is a better program than Nebraska because they have more national titles. LOL :facepalm:

What a flaming douchebag! No, Minnesota is not a better program than Nebraska. I didn't say the number of national titles is what makes a program better, I said having won at least a couple, give your program some relevence. Nebraska is the winningest team in the last half century...Nebraska has won over 800 games...Nebraska has won 5 REAL national championships. I know Minnesota's days of greatness were back during the days when Yale and Army were also great...my point (obviouly you are too clueless to get it) is that at least Minnesota had some days of greatness. I never claimed that Minnesota is now considered one of the upper levle B1G teams, but neither is Wisconsin. In comparing the two, at least Minnesota has national titles to brag about. The teams I was suggesting are the top tier PROGRAMS (not just how they are doing the last 2-3 years) in the B1G are Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and even Penn State and Michigan State (because they won a share of the conference recently and have national titles). I love how you try to tell someone in California how WE perceive the B1G. I know how we perceive the B1G...and it is with little respect. The lack of respect comes from watching the mighty B1G champion come out to the Rose Bowl year after year and get their A** handed to them. Why don't you get over yourself and try to understand that the Big XII, Pac-12, and SEC fans laugh at our conference. And when they do give any credit, Wisconsin is not one of the teams that gets any love....because they have done nothing historically. Sure, of the teams I listed (Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and Michigan State) MSU is last on the list....yet in perception outside the B1G they rate higher than the cheeseheads.

Nice personal attack there bud.

bucky, you are a liar! You said you would not read any more of my posts. You promised to go away...please keep your word and go away.

We just joined the worlds worst conference.

Well you can always leave.

Why would we do that? We fit right in.

Just a thought for some of the posters on here that want to rag on the Big Ten without end. It's really unnecessary. At the end of the day the Big Ten didn't play UCLA/ASU/OSU last night, NU, Illinois and UW did, and we all lost.

Don't take it out on Bucky. I like having opposing fans on the board that add to the conversation instead of constantly troll threads. "Relevancy" doesn't have a measuring stick. Seeing as Wisconsin just won the conference championship, I'd say that makes them relevant.

Bucky, while I agree with what you've said, you know some fans say stupid things when their team loses. Don't take it personally. I generally avoid the board after losses because of posts like this. I'm sure several people will slam me for several "wrong" things I've said. It's easy to be happy when you're winning. We have some fans that make us look silly after losses. While I'm less optimistic about the season today than I was yesterday, the season continues, nonetheless. The majority of us here understand this, don't want Bo fired, are upset about the loss, hope the players and coaches respond positively, and pray for better tackling drills this week.

...back on topic here...

We fell out of the rankings. Other teams that lost (Wisconsin) were similarly punished. We have a long season ahead of us, and a lot of improvements to make. Let's stop bashing each other's intelligence and opposing fans that have come to the rescue of OUR conference. Several B1G teams had a bad week. Better luck next week.

• Fire 2

We just joined the worlds worst conference.

Well you can always leave.

Why would we do that? We fit right in.

Just a thought for some of the posters on here that want to rag on the Big Ten without end. It's really unnecessary. At the end of the day the Big Ten didn't play UCLA/ASU/OSU last night, NU, Illinois and UW did, and we all lost.

Don't take it out on Bucky. I like having opposing fans on the board that add to the conversation instead of constantly troll threads. "Relevancy" doesn't have a measuring stick. Seeing as Wisconsin just won the conference championship, I'd say that makes them relevant.

Bucky, while I agree with what you've said, you know some fans say stupid things when their team loses. Don't take it personally. I generally avoid the board after losses because of posts like this. I'm sure several people will slam me for several "wrong" things I've said. It's easy to be happy when you're winning. We have some fans that make us look silly after losses. While I'm less optimistic about the season today than I was yesterday, the season continues, nonetheless. The majority of us here understand this, don't want Bo fired, are upset about the loss, hope the players and coaches respond positively, and pray for better tackling drills this week.

...back on topic here...

We fell out of the rankings. Other teams that lost (Wisconsin) were similarly punished. We have a long season ahead of us, and a lot of improvements to make. Let's stop bashing each other's intelligence and opposing fans that have come to the rescue of OUR conference. Several B1G teams had a bad week. Better luck next week.

Bravo! Saturday is another week to improve!

^ Not a wall of text so I guess I can read this one...

1. Show me posts where Woody and I consistently troll, in fact, show me where Woody has trolled even once.

2. You just used a personal attack again.

3. Show me where I jumped on NU for losing. I rooted for you the entire time, look at the gameday thread. I defended the B1G, you jumped on me and talked trash about Wisconsin and it went down hill from there. That's what happened. You overreacted and continued posting aggressive and irrational dribble.

4. You keep bringing me and Wisconsin up even after I left the conversation. #Buckysessed #Wisconsessed.

...and thanks Jared. I realize California is in the minority of posters. Huskerboard and most of the Nebraska fans on it are good people.

I don't mind having opposing fans, but I hate trolls, and bucky is a troll of the worst sort. He comes in, pretends to be reasonable, only so he can then come back and gloat if we do poorly. I didn't call his sorry a** out when his mighty badgers lost the Rose Bowl...why does this tool think it's okay to come here and jump on us for losing to ucla. Hell, I didn't even call him out for losing to OSU yesterday until he gloated about us losing. He is a TROLL!!!

I call BS. His first post was saying that HIS team fell out of the rankings, as well. His second was in response to someone saying we are part of the worst conference in the country. I didn't see his "na na na na boo boo" post. If I missed it, I apologize. All reasonable talk went out the window when "program relevance" became the topic of conversation.

• Fire 2

^ Not a wall of text so I guess I can read this one...

1. Show me posts where Woody and I consistently troll, in fact, show me where Woody has trolled even once.

2. You just used a personal attack again.

3. Show me where I jumped on NU for losing. I rooted for you the entire time, look at the gameday thread. I defended the B1G, you jumped on me and talked trash about Wisconsin and it went down hill from there. That's what happened. You overreacted and continued posting aggressive and irrational dribble.

4. You keep bringing me and Wisconsin up even after I left the conversation. #Buckysessed #Wisconsessed.

...and thanks Jared. I realize California is in the minority of posters. Huskerboard and most of the Nebraska fans on it are good people.

this from bucky on another thread:

Posted Today, 11:00 AM

I predicted UCLA would win on someone's status update before kickoff. I have also come here to gloat.

Yes, I did "gloat" here if you can't see the sarcasm and attempted humor then I really can't help you and you probably don't belong on Huskerboard. I mean, damn it was written in comic sans...

I predicted UCLA would win on someone's status update before kickoff. I have also come here to gloat.

Also, from now on, all of my posts will be written in Comic Sans.

Which was in reference to this joke

daf.png

Which was in reference to this prediction...

NU 55

UCLA 24

Passing 295

Rushing 170

So in closing California, you don't seem to have any sense of humor and you take things waaaaay too seriously. Please stop posting, you're just embarrassing yourself. If you can't do this at least take your obsession to the Woodshed. You've already derailed this thread.

Look, you can like it or not like it...I don't care. What my point was, and what some of you seem to try to run away from and twist into something it isn't, is the perception if this conference (the B1G) around the rest of the world OUTSIDE B1G country. I have lived in Pac-8/10/12 country all my life and there is very little respect out here for the B1G. Also, living in Cali, there are millions who move here from SEC/ACC/BigXII country and I talk football with them all the time. Of course this is anecdotal, but I seldom meet anyone who is impressed by the B1G. When they do show some modicom of respect, Wisconsin is NEVER a program that is mentioned. You can talk about how great you are, you can talk about how Wisconsin has been in 3 or 4 Rose Bowls, but nobody outside the B1G is impressed. That is what I was saying, and I stand by that. Until you get out of your little "we are the great and mighty B1G" mindset, you will always have a much loftier opinion of yourself than the rest of the country. The one thing that the B1G does have going for it is the inexplicable fawning that the press seems to do over the B1G. That was the one thing that made me happy about NU joining this conference...that we might actually start to get some good pub in the B1G-centric media.

It's probably a good thing we did go to the Big 10. The Big 12's offenses would probably eat our defense alive. It would not be pretty.

Most teams will eat us alive unless there is some extremely significant changes in coaching and player intensity.

Have you ever made a positive comment on HB? I don't think I've seen one.

Yes, I did "gloat" here if you can't see the sarcasm and attempted humor then I really can't help you and you probably don't belong on Huskerboard. I mean, damn it was written in comic sans...

Also, from now on, all of my posts will be written in Comic Sans.

Which was in reference to this joke

daf.png

Which was in reference to this prediction...

NU 55

UCLA 24

Passing 295

Rushing 170

So in closing California, you don't seem to have any sense of humor and you take things waaaaay too seriously. Please stop posting, you're just embarrassing yourself. If you can't do this at least take your obsession to the Woodshed. You've already derailed this thread.

Once again...you said you weren't going to read any more of my posts. Please keep you promises...and please go away. You are a troll.

The biggest issue preventing me from reading your posts is that they're often written without any paragraph breaks or concern for the reader. Because you don't care enough about your audience to make that tiny accommodation I generally skim or simply ignore them.

Now as to why I'm reading and responding to these particular posts...well because they're directed at me. You've bashed both Woody and me with several personal attacks. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not insulted or hurt in the slightest, but its a slow Sunday, the Packers are losing and I figure if I respond you'll eventually get yourself banned.