Cosgrovian? Actually . . . it's worse than that.

carlfense

I can't find anything to say... :facepalm:

Edit*

What is most comforting (if you could call it this) was how huge chunks came on a couple of really broken plays.

I wish I felt this way, I find nothing comforting about last nights game. I still bleed Husker red, but last night HURT, and it hurt BAD.

And yet, it wasn't actually that many points. A lot, but the kind of thing that is a regularity in shootout games.

A surprising result to be sure. What is most comforting (if you could call it this) was how huge chunks came on a couple of really broken plays.

Yeah. Honestly . . . the score should have been more lopsided. The defense did take away the ball down near the goal line once . . . and got bailed out by a few fortunate penalties by UCLA (and one of those was a really bad call.)

I thought last night that I haven't seen the ball moved at will on Nebraska like that since 2007. Turns out that's pretty accurate . . . and it could be argued that it's worse. I think Bo needs to get a chance through at least 2013 . . . but let's be honest here. If Bo can't consistently field good defenses, why on earth should we want him as a head coach? Certainly not because of his recruiting prowess and his offenses. We'll see how this season and next play out. :(

I hope defensive unit puts "653" up on the wall all over the locker room, weight room, stadium, everywhere as a reminder that need to pull their heads out of their ass and play like they want to be there

I'd rather Bo write it on their faces with a sharpie while they sleep.

iabPU.png

It actually WAS the most yards given up in school history until the negative yardage kneel down at the end of the game gave the record back to 1950 something Oklahoma. Bob, Tom, Frank, nor Billy C ever hemorrhaged that many yards in their worst moments. While it might get overlooked in a Year 1, it is anything but acceptable for Year 5 at Nebraska--unless we are not to have expectations of excellence anymore.

And yet, it wasn't actually that many points. A lot, but the kind of thing that is a regularity in shootout games.

A surprising result to be sure. What is most comforting (if you could call it this) was how huge chunks came on a couple of really broken plays.

I actually agree. I missed the first half yesterday, and watched it on the DVR this morning. The missed tackles are a huge concern, but there were a lot of busted assignments that I think will get fixed as the year goes on. We also weren't quite as bad against the QB run as I figured we were, just really bad tackling. That has to get fixed.

Our scheme has been exposed since SUH left. We

Yeah. Honestly . . . the score should have been more lopsided. The defense did take away the ball down near the goal line once . . . and got bailed out by a few fortunate penalties by UCLA (and one of those was a really bad call.)

I thought last night that I haven't seen the ball moved at will on Nebraska like that since 2007. Turns out that's pretty accurate . . . and it could be argued that it's worse. I think Bo needs to get a chance through at least 2013 . . . but let's be honest here. If Bo can't consistently field good defenses, why on earth should we want him as a head coach? Certainly not because of his recruiting prowess and his offenses. We'll see how this season and next play out. :(

Agree 100%

Since SUH has gone (and GUPL, Cally's recruits) Bo's scheme has started to get exposed. Per McBride, on Hail Varsity, without the horses on the DL in the 2 gap, you are screwed. (paraphrase). Last year we blamed it on our previous recruitment to defend the spread, not the power and physicality of the B1G. Last night, I really thought we would excel as UCLA runs more of the Big XII style spread. I as flat out wrong.

It is truly easy for me to look at Cam for example, getting beat like he stole something time and time again. It is easy to look at Martinez reverting back to his old self and lay blame at the foot of the players, but you are spot on with the bolded above. He game plans, he recruits, he devises the schemes week in and week out. He also promoted Paps to DC and Beck to OC. NOt saying Cam would be better in another scheme, but dag we do not have the dogs to run that 2 gap. He won't switch. It is all about execution and the system. How about putting a system in place that will better allow the players TO EXECUTE. Same with Beck. Heard owned them on his runs and then Beck asks Martinez to do what every arm chair coach in the country knows he cannot do.....throw from the pocket under pressure. Talking about recruiting, our O line has 3 friggin walk ons starting. Great human interest story, but negatively telling for our recruiting and honestly development.

The staff needs to create a system for the kids they have, not for what they want to have. Martinez will never be a pocket passer. He will never effectively run the option of HUsker lore, BUT he can throw on the run, we can roll him out to avoid pressure, we can incorporate screen passes to slow the D, or play action etc.....

Our guys come out flat. Football is a game of emotion. It can be won or lost based on this. Bo wants to run this like a business, see UT 2010. Don't play it up, no talk of revenge etc.... Every Sat is a new game. No emotion. He needs to get the kids emotionally ready to lay the wood. I thought after the FG to end the half, our guys would have come out on fire to ram it down Mora's throat, but no, it is a business, 30 more minutes to play. Play to not lose, don't play to win.

I think someone else also mentioned changing captains every week, changing the way Blackshirts are awarded to include like 20+ guys getting them.

We need to change schemes and as you said above, possibly coaches.

You know what it is? Disgusting and vomit provoking. There is NO EXCUSE for such poor tackling and NO EXCUSE for such poor scheming when you know exactly what they are going to run at you.

It's like some of these kids are flat-out afraid to hit. I noticed that several of them actually move off to the side when a ball carrier is coming at them.

I hope defensive unit puts "653" up on the wall all over the locker room, weight room, stadium, everywhere as a reminder that need to pull their heads out of their ass and play like they want to be there

I'd rather Bo write it on their faces with a sharpie while they sleep.

Bo is the guy who needs to have it written on his face!!!

I wasn't watching a team that was motivated to win last night. Guys standing around with their hands on their hips while a live ball was 20-yards down field. Cosgrove is where and when I last saw that in a Husker team.

I was pissed every time I saw a sideline shot with the Defensive coaches in Black Shirts - Get those guys out of those BLACKSHIRTS - they don't deserve to wear them any more than the players...............

River Runner