Husker Fanism Roll Call

Nobody

Husker Fanism Roll Call  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you the type of Husker fan who thinks that the 90's are where the bar is set and it should be used as the blueprint (or at least certain parts of the blueprint)? Or do you think that it was something special and nobody should expect it to be duplicated.. We will never get back to that, so why try?

I just want to see where we sit on this...

I had to choose other, because I'm on the fence here. On one hand, what we saw in the '90's was truly special, and I don't think the likelihood of us ever seeing that level of success again is very high. On the other, I still have high expectations in large part because we were so dominant in the '90's. There are still college football powerhouses, and if we find the right pieces to the puzzle, we can become one again. If it were really "just a game", 80-100,000 people wouldn't pack stadiums on Saturdays.

I don't remember the 90's being such a well-oiled machine. The three championship years we had a lot of depth but plenty of injuries to the point where the O line had to carry the team. At the beginning of the 90's people were jumping from buildings worse than now and if I remember right Osborne might have been considered a bum. I think we need to live here and now and put illusions of the 90's to rest.

The offense looks damned impressive at times ,mostly due to Beck and Martinez .....and a joke at others, mostly due to problems with Beck and Martinez that are completely fixable. The defense is in serious need of intuitive playmakers. How many interceptions can we drop, tackles miss, lose contain, no pass rush ,loose coverage, etc etc etc etc....

I don't remember the 90's being such a well-oiled machine. The three championship years we had a lot of depth but plenty of injuries to the point where the O line had to carry the team. At the beginning of the 90's people were jumping from buildings worse than now and if I remember right Osborne might have been considered a bum. I think we need to live here and now and put illusions of the 90's to rest.

The offense looks damned impressive at times ,mostly due to Beck and Martinez .....and a joke at others, mostly due to problems with Beck and Martinez that are completely fixable. The defense is in serious need of intuitive playmakers. How many interceptions can we drop, tackles miss, lose contain, no pass rush ,loose coverage, etc etc etc etc....

tumblr_m6ocahX7qW1rnruje.jpg

While the success of the 90s might never be duplicated, it still is what all Husker teams should strive for, IMO.

I agree.. but thats what defined that era's success. Strive for perfection every waking second. So if we follow that lead the correct way... Winning falls in line after that.

Honestly, I'd just be happy if we were as good as we were in the 80s. Win a couple of conference titles, play for the big one on occasion, play in Orange Bowls, Sugar Bowls. Not just the 81-83 teams, but even the Steve Taylor-Broderick Thomas era.

We never did win a title in those days, but we were always in the conversation. I'd just like to be in the conversation again.

They played solid on both sides of the ball, generally played disciplined, clean football, and tried their guts out. When they came up against the Sooners or Miami, they usually got beat, but at least we knew we were losing to some really talented teams (and as it turns out, ones with occasionally shady recruiting practices).

I just miss that consistency more than anything else.

Honestly, I'd just be happy if we were as good as we were in the 80s. Win a couple of conference titles, play for the big one on occasion, play in Orange Bowls, Sugar Bowls.

We never did win a title in those days, but we were always in the conversation. I'd just like to be in the conversation again.

Yeah, in reality i think thats all any of us really want. Hell, sh#t was all good just a week ago!