Nebraska Defense tries to 'stop the bleeding'

ladyhawke

See above response ^^^^^^^^^^

The one you say was getting blown up all the time was Banderas, who is seen as one of the top 5 LBers in the country as he has exploded at camps, etc around the nation. He is a 110 hurdle champ. Pretty sure he's fast and athletic. Also, the clips they show you never know if they are from this year, last year, or who knows when. Believe me, alot of teams wanted him.

Not to mention someone in Banderas's situation, a guaranteed full ride to anywhere he wants to go, he's obviously a man amongst boys anyway, it's pretty obvious he's not going all out in that film. He's got nothing more to prove at that level. A few years back a bit time tight end recruit for Nebraska, his team came to my old high school for a game, him as a senior and already committing to Nebraska, and he just got knocked all over the field. Was obvious he had bigger things on his mind.

So with this in mind, we all would have been completely ok with Suh his senior dogging because he had nothing left to prove at the college level? I'm not questioning the kids athletic ability. They made a pretty strong case for how fast he was last night. I just don't like seeing someone dog it because they have "nothing" left to prove. I'm not even saying this is the case. I live absolutely nowhere close to Lincoln to even watch him play. However, the second LB who will not get a scholly offer seemed to have a lot more fire in his gut. In a lot of cases desire outshines ability.

So with this in mind, we all would have been completely ok with Suh his senior dogging because he had nothing left to prove at the college level? I'm not questioning the kids athletic ability. They made a pretty strong case for how fast he was last night. I just don't like seeing someone dog it because they have "nothing" left to prove. I'm not even saying this is the case. I live absolutely nowhere close to Lincoln to even watch him play. However, the second LB who will not get a scholly offer seemed to have a lot more fire in his gut. In a lot of cases desire outshines ability.

I totally agree with your point. I dont like seeing it either, but the kid is a stud and sometimes these things happen. No I wouldve not been ok with it getting to Suh, but it wouldntve surprised me. I believe that was half the problem with Crick last year before he was hurt. He didnt do one thing in 2011 to impress me. It's just something that happens.

"I have been through this before and I have a good idea on how to fix it," Pelini said.

Ummm....he's been through it for about 3 seasons now and it's still not fixed. Gotta wonder.

Exactly!

I'm all about being aboard the Bo Train. I'm not trying to unduly rip the guy, but listen - if your calling card is tremendous defense, there is never an excuse for a game like this at UCLA. And we've had several like this over Bo's tenure.

Enough with the words. Bo says all the right words. I'm sick of hearing the words. Just get this crap fixed.

That is EXACTLY how I feel Knapp. I REALLY want Bo to succeed here but damn he's wearing out my patience after year 5.

"I have been through this before and I have a good idea on how to fix it," Pelini said.

Ummm....he's been through it for about 3 seasons now and it's still not fixed. Gotta wonder.

Exactly!

I'm all about being aboard the Bo Train. I'm not trying to unduly rip the guy, but listen - if your calling card is tremendous defense, there is never an excuse for a game like this at UCLA. And we've had several like this over Bo's tenure.

Enough with the words. Bo says all the right words. I'm sick of hearing the words. Just get this crap fixed.

That is EXACTLY how I feel Knapp. I REALLY want Bo to succeed here but damn he's wearing out my patience after year 5.

Extremely hypothetical question here: do we trust TO to pick another coach if Bo doesn't get things fixed? He leaned extremely hard on $ Byrne to get Solich the job. He was the AD that hired Bo. Does TO get three strikes here?