Hypothetical Pelini Replacement

Good God I am so sick of reading about Bo being on the hot seat. We are two games into the season......get a freaking grip!!!!!!!!!!If we are at .500 through 10 games then we can talk about this.

Sadly, I think this may be the case...

*On another note -- while I love Tom Osborne, and think that his return to coaching would definitely bring a boost to recruiting, I'm just afraid that if he was unsuccessful that it would tarnish his legacy, and I don't want to see that happen.

• Fire 2

Yikes... you're pushing your luck by starting this thread. Trust me -- I know. Besides, as it's already been clearly stated time and time again, none of the aforementioned coaches would ever come here -- Lincoln is considered a cesspool in the college football world.

As I've said before, I don't think Bo needs to be fired, until he puts together back-to-back lackluster seasons. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him jump ship and take a DC position elsewhere if he feels his seat getting warm. A lot of people aren't thinking about that possibility.

no one said that.

here is what people said:

1. it is easier to recruit in the SEC.

2. not many established coaches would want to leave where they are at. not for nebraska, not for anywhere.

3. bo might be the best we can get. if we give him time, that might not be a bad thing. if given time, he might surprise you.

4. letting a coach develop and take his lumps is better than jumping ship every 4 years for a new coach. no one is going to want to replace a coach who wins at least 9 games a year, on average.

• Fire 1

Yikes... you're pushing your luck by starting this thread. Trust me -- I know. Besides, as it's already been clearly stated time and time again, none of the aforementioned coaches would ever come here -- Lincoln is considered a cesspool in the college football world.

As I've said before, I don't think Bo needs to be fired, until he puts together back-to-back lackluster seasons. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him jump ship and take a DC position elsewhere if he feels his seat getting warm. A lot of people aren't thinking about that possibility.

no one said that.

here is what people said:

1. it is easier to recruit in the SEC.

2. not many established coaches would want to leave where they are at. not for nebraska, not for anywhere.

3. bo might be the best we can get. if we give him time, that might not be a bad thing. if given time, he might surprise you.

4. letting a coach develop and take his lumps is better than jumping ship every 4 years for a new coach. no one is going to want to replace a coach who wins at least 9 games a year, on average.

I was told that Lincoln is considered "poison" by coaches. Same difference.

• Fire 1

Bo needs time to learn. He does not need fired at this point. Nothing could be worse for this program. Get him help that knows their jobs so he can learn his.

Are you kidding me? Bo picks the help. He has surrounded himself with GAs and inexperienced coaches. He has made his bed, I for one hope he can right the ship. We are not very competitive against BCS teams and that has to change.

I see people mention Chris Peterson a lot. If Chris Peterson ever wanted to make a change, he would pretty much have his pick of what's available. Why would he choose Nebraska, with it's inherent recruiting disadvantages?

The same goes for any highly desireable coach. How does Nebraska convince them to come to Lincoln, when every year there are open jobs at universities in better locations and where it is easier to win?

The whole ragging on hiring the young inexperienced guys gets me. What are we supposed to do, throw a bunch of money at some experienced outsider that's 65 years old to come in here and MAYBE has success and then decides to leave for something a bit better, retires, or just flat out dies? That leads to a revolving door of coaches. Bo is trying to start fresh with young guys who are motivated to beat hell, that he trusts and knows can learn the roles. It may not be the answer for us for a few years in this "you better win NOW" atomsphere, but I think he knows what he's building. Christ all mighty, Osborne and McBride were young with their first job at one time. I know everyone thinks this is a destination, but it is not. And we have a lot of disadvantages that we have to make up for with things like continuity and family atmosphere, psychology and strength and conditioning. It's the main reason all the money is dumped into the east stadium expansion and all the fancy crap. All the intangible advantages we built up in the 90's to make up for the shortfalls that are so often discussed have been caught up with over the last 15 years and it shows. It's now time for us to find the next niche. This place is special and we all know this. Even Ed Cunningham said it that our accomplishments as a program over the years are probably more spectacular than any program in the country because of what we have to overcome.

• Fire 1

I'm gonna nominate one of my dad's favorites. To quote him, "Bo with a brain" aka Pat Fitzgerald.

i think fitzgerald is the best coach in the B1G, but with all of these names thrown out, why do we believe any of them would come here? are we going to fire bo just because there are better coaches out there? and who says given time bo would not be the best fit for neb.?