WildCat Offense QB ?

Ronznotes

Has anyone heard of any other player besides Rex ever practicing at WildCat QB? Is this offense essentially off the table as long as Rex is hurt?

I have heard that Heard is supposed to get more playing time - could he be a Wildcat QB?

I don't think that you are giving enough credit to the difficulty involved in running the zone read wildcat (like Rex).... The safety last Saturday shows the difficulty involved....

Has anyone heard of any other player besides Rex ever practicing at WildCat QB? Is this offense essentially off the table as long as Rex is hurt?

I have heard that Heard is supposed to get more playing time - could he be a Wildcat QB?

I don't think that you are giving enough credit to the difficulty involved in running the zone read wildcat (like Rex).... The safety last Saturday shows the difficulty involved....

I have said nothing of the "difficulty" involved in running the zone read Wildcat -- I simply asked if someone had heard of any other players practicing at the position. Turner makes sense.

I have said nothing of the "difficulty" involved in running the zone read Wildcat -- I simply asked if someone had heard of any other players practicing at the position. Turner makes sense.

I believe it also requires the ability of an inside runner. Turner would be at higher risk of injury running inside like that. What is he, 170 lbs.?

I believe it also requires the ability of an inside runner. Turner would be at higher risk of injury running inside like that. What is he, 170 lbs.?

Not necessarily. Brad Smith ran the wildcat for the Jets for years. The Dolphins really turned the Wildcat into something new, exciting, and powerful when they had Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams pounding the rock out of the wildcat.

So, I guess you're saying you have no actual answer to the question, but you have opinions of the idea of another player in the role of the Wildcat QB? That is the insight that makes this board so valuable.

So, I guess you're saying you have no actual answer to the question, but you have opinions of the idea of another player in the role of the Wildcat QB? That is the insight that makes this board so valuable.

My bad.... No, I am not aware if the Nebraska coaching staff has plans to insert another player into the "Wildcat Offense QB" role.... You read the same newspapers/websites the rest of us do....

Not necessarily. Brad Smith ran the wildcat for the Jets for years. The Dolphins really turned the Wildcat into something new, exciting, and powerful when they had Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams pounding the rock out of the wildcat.

Brad smith was 6'5" and what, 230, 240 lbs? Ricky Williams? He was a good 210-215.

While on the surface, Taylor M might be the choice for a Wildcat Qb, I dissagree. To me Jamal Turner is the one who should get those snaps. Martinez might be faster in the open field, but he can't avoid a tackle to save his hide. I doubt Turner gets tackled in the end zone last saturday by a much bigger player with a full head of steam. Taylor gets a deer in the headlights look and freezes. Turner may not have made big yardage put I'm betting he doesn't get tackled for a safety.

While on the surface, Taylor M might be the choice for a Wildcat Qb, I dissagree. To me Jamal Turner is the one who should get those snaps. Martinez might be faster in the open field, but he can't avoid a tackle to save his hide. I doubt Turner gets tackled in the end zone last saturday by a much bigger player with a full head of steam. Taylor gets a deer in the headlights look and freezes. Turner may not have made big yardage put I'm betting he doesn't get tackled for a safety.

The guy was on him right after the read.... RGIII gets sacked there.... Besides it was the wrong read by Martinez....

When you have a qb like taylor to run the ball, what is the advantage in having a rb taking snaps?

In this case, Rex runs a mean zone read.

We also have guys like maybe Jamal Turner who are perhaps less explosive runners than Taylor, but more dynamic. They bring a different kind of threat with their running style.