Over-all discusion on the D

I thought Ciante Evans has done well in all three games.

Totally agree. I think nickel is the perfect spot for him; he hasn't been the greatest when he's been out on an island by himself in the past. If he was a little bigger I could almost see him being an Eric Hagg type.

9th ranked offense....mid-major conference....the defense did great. They played with a lot of fire and made it easy for the offense to stay with what they do best. I think the coaches recognized something had to be done and got off to a good start.

Martinez has to take care of the ball, on the other hand. It didn't matter this time but he's capable of some crazy stuff when it counts.

Neither of those fumbles were really his fault. The first one was a pass pro failure where his boots got knocked from his blind side,and the second, Braylon just kinda elbowed the ball out on a PA pass. Miscue of playcalling most likely. The only one that was a problem for me really was the Marrow fumble. Even in garbage time. The others are all either oddities that won't generally occur, or a ghost fumble by Ameer.

The first one was a completely blown blocking assignment by Ben Cotton. Dude has been really, really bad at his blocking thus far this year.

Neither fumble was the fault of the QB.

Wonder if his rib issue is a bigger problem than led to believe. He whiffed a couple blocks. Even easy chip blocks.

We ran some 3-4.. also ran a bit of 3-3-5. Ran some standard 4-3 and some 4-3 where all four down linemen were actually DE's.

Cooper looked good at the Peso position.

All three touted young guys looked really solid. Zaire, Seisay and Santos.

Meredith still can't chase down anything if he gets sucked inside. He needs to be moved to DT IMO. Let Ankrah and Martin start at DE with Moss and Carter as the primary backups. (and I'd put Fisher at DE too once in a while)

Nah, I think Fisher is doing fine in his current role of spectator.