Taylor or Beck

Taylor will start and should start. I think Calli is more likely to pull Taylor if things go south early and put Beck in now that the red shirt is gone.

Lets hope for a quick start on offense, the defense give a 3 and out on the 1st series, and we have solid tackling and NU could pull an upset.

GBR and Bar-b-que Ralphie

Callahan better be more likely to use beck now that the redshirt was wasted... using beck for one game is not worth wasting his redshirt unless he had plans to bring him in teh rest of the year.

:yeah

Now that Becks RS is wasted for part of one quarter, you might as well get him some snaps, and build for the future.

To me, it all depends on how the game goes. We are so used to blowing people out, then sending the 2nd and 3rd stringers in to clean up in the 4th quarter. We haven't been able to do that in years. Hell, Dailey hardly ever got in when Lord was around.

I don't see this game being any different.

DaveH----I agree, start Taylor and see how the game progresses. If and the end of the 3rd qtr NU is getting blown out then bring in all of the freshmen and get them some game experiance. Same thing goes if we a blowing out sCUm.

you are absolutly right about dailey not getting in when lord was here, but lord didnt get in very much when Crouch started.

didnt NU go 7-7 with lord his first year starting, then went 10-3 as a senior. Dailey gets no experience, then has to come into a brand new offense that he was not recruited for and goes 5-6. whould he have been better in his 2nd year, yes. Would he have done better then Taylor, no. He was more mobile but throwing would not have been close.

Hell, Dailey hardly ever got in when Lord was around.

Dailey did play in 8 games his freshman year. He threw the ball 14 times and carried it 33 times. You can't say he hardly got in because 8 games seems like some decent experience for a fr. Dailey did get to play more that just injury relief.

You do have to see how the game plays out, but might as well try to got HB in especially if ZT has a few bad series in a row. Bench him for a series or to and see what Beck can do. If that doesn't work go back to ZT and hopefully he will be fired up and ready to go.

I would really hope to see Beck get some time. After all he is the future and has his whole career in front of him. ZT is a good guy, but after all. is a JUCO and simply a transition guy. But, he does give NU the best chance right now. I think what might be best if they did what MU did with thier backup and give him a few series throughout the game, not just mop up

if taylor is the clear cut starter next year then do what MU did and give beck some game time when the game is still on the line to get him prepared for his junior year as a starter.

who knows we might be talking about the wrong quarterback and maybe freeman will come in in january and set the Husker Nation on its ear and beat out each of them as a freshman.

only time will tell.

what do you think the chances are that freeman moves to tight end if he cant take the starting position by his sophmore year?

if taylor is the clear cut starter next year then do what MU did and give beck some game time when the game is still on the line to get him prepared for his junior year as a starter.

who knows we might be talking about the wrong quarterback and maybe freeman will come in in january and set the Husker Nation on its ear and beat out each of them as a freshman.

only time will tell.

what do you think the chances are that freeman moves to tight end if he cant take the starting position by his sophmore year?

Good point, rob. Who knows, Freeman may be better than Beck. He may never pan out. I say work Beck in next season in more like you said. Maybe for like the first series of the second quarter like MU did with their QB. I imagine Callahan will have more confidence in playing Beck since he will have a whole year under his belt. As far as Freeman playing TE, I would have to say if NU is as thin at TE as they are now and if he is not picking up QB then MAYBE, but let's wait till the kid gets here and starts practicing before we get ahead of ourselves. ;)