Huskers and PSU tonight

This team is weak....9-1 to allow Penn State to go on a 18-3 run. We did not look like a #3 team tonight

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Last year we sprinted through the season - and look what that got us.

This team is the antithesis of weak. It is talented, top to bottom, side to side. This is a championship-caliber Husker team.

Don't let that fool you, though. Penn State is good - damned good. Russ Rose is a hell of a coach. I don't know where he ranks in coaching tenure, but he has to be top ten in D1A, probably top five. He was winning 30 games a season before any girl on either team was born.

Christie Johnson, the Iowa State coach, is one of the most fierce competitors you'll ever meet. I'd put her competitiveness up against any Husker football player of any era, and she'd compare well. Her spirit is just in a different package. Anyone who watched CJ set for the 1995 Huskers knows without question that she has the grit and determination to will any team to victory. Who knew she had the skill to teach that as well? Well, we've found that out, without question. It's no surprise she's pulling in talent at Iowa State, and no surprise that she's able to coach them to victories over the likes of a talented Nebraska team.

In fact, whenever Cooker retires, I'd bet CJ is the first person they call. Likely they'll have a plane on the tarmac in Ames waiting to pick her up.

So don't get too down for these losses. We weren't playing pushovers, bad coaches, poor teams. We were playing very good teams, in a very rough stretch. Yeah, it sucks we lost these two matches, but that doesn't mean we're bad. We're learning.

I suggest patience. This team's best volleyball is ahead of it.

This team is weak....9-1 to allow Penn State to go on a 18-3 run. We did not look like a #3 team tonight

This team is the antithesis of weak. It is talented, top to bottom, side to side. This is a championship-caliber Husker team.

They haven't played like a championship caliber team this year. We struggled against UCLA where we should have lost and we got dominated by Penn State and ISU. Too many mental errors for a championship caliber team. I hope that the girls can finish off strong but the way they've struggled against UCLA, a well rounded Penn State team were mental mistakes cost us, and to lay an egg against ISU not to mention the way we've gotten beat by two non ranked teams the last two years in the playoffs. A championship caliber team doesn't blow a 9-1 lead to allow the opposing team a 18-4 or 18-5 run whatever it was.

This team at times have shown us that they can fight back and regain the lead or at least tie to just fall apart after that. Cook is a hell of a coach and I'm glad he's our coach but there are times were I think our girls are not disciplined enough. There are times where are girls are doing their set ups that they're all over the place, maybe their suppose to be doing that to confuse the opposing team I don't know but watching UCLA and a Penn State team who has won the Championship 2 of the last 3 years, they were disciplined and organized while setting up for the kill, they weren't running around with their heads cut off.

I hope you're right Knapp and that they can pull it off in the long run but I'm not going to count on it. I would like us to win the B1G conference but if we don't and we make the playoffs, I just hope they can actually play well and actually play up to their potential.

Passing and transition offense kills us again tonight. It hasn't just been against the 'top' opponents either. If we cannot get the initial pass to Cook in her comfort zone we are having a hard time putting pressure on the opposing defense. From watching our 'top' opponents along with a couple matches of Texas' and USC they all seem to have multiple 'hammers' that can hit the ball straight down..line, angle, over blocks...a lot of the time out of transition offense.

I agree with some of the comments that we do have a high caliber team...a team that will need to rely on (IMO) solid ball control and a good mix of Hannah and Gina on the outside, and (my fav) Haggerty in the middle.