Teflon Hillary ?

Comish

Alas, I get the sophomoric predictability of Carl's penchant for asking the inane............"about what" . . .

Sophomoric, maybe . . . but not inane. You say that journalists refuse to question Hillary Clinton. That raises the obvious question of "what do you think that they should be questioning her about?"

The question still stands.

WTF? Do you even read what you write, or are you just trying to troll? What do you want, an answer to the original question, or your clarifying statement?

But what the thread was intended to ask had to do with her entire career and it's teflon tendencies.

Hence carlfense asking for specifics.

WTF? Do you even read what you write, or are you just trying to troll? What do you want, an answer to the original question, or your clarifying statement?

But what the thread was intended to ask had to do with her entire career and it's teflon tendencies.

You of all people (who would seem to know something about apologies lately) should be wondering about what your own post means.........

WTF yourself! How is asking a simple question being a troll ? Or are trolls ONLY people who ask questions that aren't PC or don't genuflect to liberal orthodoxy? Liberals as tolerant......my ass!

I asked a simple question about Hillary, and you and Carl have obfuscated the hell out of it trying to make it out to be more than intended.

So, I said, maybe I should clarify (since the timing seems to have thrown off you sleuths into responding ONLY to LIBYA) and admitted that I meant her whole career.

Then I get this Carl point seconded by you (in a reversal of your usual poster/Me Too relationship) asking for specifics.

I was asking for general thoughts on why she seems untouchable.........period. But, since nagging until death appears to be the new standard for torture......

Start with Vince Foster http://www.worldaffa...nceFoster.shtml

and carry it through her "Pretty in Pink" presser in which she masqueraded as the Stand By Your Man country song (in seeming contradiction to everything the feminists SAY they want strong women to do) and move it along to the present. She is someone who has parlayed name recognition into one of the most powerful people in the country and some might ask............what has she accomplished on her own? (I know she has a resume........but what are her signature pieces of legislation as a Senator? Enumerate for me her successes as Sec of State? Why have we always been told she's one of the smartest people on the planet? Where is the evidence? And, if you can't provide it........how does she keep landing these jobs outside of name recognition? AND (the original point) why is she immune from criticism?

She's been criticized incessantly. I have no idea what you're talking about. I personally can't stand her. But you're making this out like she's never had any problems, never been accused, never been hounded by the press, and this is demonstrably not true.

She's a carpetbagger like Bob Kerry. I don't think she should have been allowed to run for the Senate in New York. I think it's BS that she was ever even remotely considered a viable presidential candidate. I have zero love for her.

But... where the heck did any of this thread come from? When did you suddenly decide this needed to be dealt with? What triggered this?

You of all people (who would seem to know something about apologies lately) should be wondering about what your own post means.........

WTF yourself! How is asking a simple question being a troll ? Or are trolls ONLY people who ask questions that aren't PC or don't genuflect to liberal orthodoxy? Liberals as tolerant......my ass!

I asked a simple question about Hillary, and you and Carl have obfuscated the hell out of it trying to make it out to be more than intended.

So, I said, maybe I should clarify (since the timing seems to have thrown off you sleuths into responding ONLY to LIBYA) and admitted that I meant her whole career.

Then I get this Carl point seconded by you (in a reversal of your usual poster/Me Too relationship) asking for specifics.

I was asking for general thoughts on why she seems untouchable.........period. But, since nagging until death appears to be the new standard for torture......

and carry it through her "Pretty in Pink" presser in which she masqueraded as the Stand By Your Man country song (in seeming contradiction to everything the feminists SAY they want strong women to do) and move it along to the present. She is someone who has parlayed name recognition into one of the most powerful people in the country and some might ask............what has she accomplished on her own? (I know she has a resume........but what are her signature pieces of legislation as a Senator? Enumerate for me her successes as Sec of State? Why have we always been told she's one of the smartest people on the planet? Where is the evidence? And, if you can't provide it........how does she keep landing these jobs outside of name recognition? AND (the original point) why is she immune from criticism?

Vince Foster? :laughpound

Awesome. Simply awesome.

Vince Foster? :laughpound

Awesome. Simply awesome.

I'll admit..........I'm not a conspiracy guy on Vince, but you kept hounding me for specifics...........so I went back to the beginning. And, the rumors were rampant at the time that she was Vince's lover but I don't recall any heat on her even though some were speculating she was in the middle of it all. Again, you asked for specifics..........so I started there (ignoring the cattle futures, healthcare over-reach, comments about her being co-president, etc.) Glad you found the time travel simply awesome...!

She's been criticized incessantly. I have no idea what you're talking about. I personally can't stand her. But you're making this out like she's never had any problems, never been accused, never been hounded by the press, and this is demonstrably not true.

She's a carpetbagger like Bob Kerry. I don't think she should have been allowed to run for the Senate in New York. I think it's BS that she was ever even remotely considered a viable presidential candidate. I have zero love for her.

But... where the heck did any of this thread come from? When did you suddenly decide this needed to be dealt with? What triggered this?

There really was no specific trigger. I have been fascinated with the Hillary phenomenon ever since we were told she was the smartest women on the planet. I personally have not seen much evidence of that. I always thought it would be interesting to hear ideas on why she escapes much scrutiny. Today I just went ahead and asked it.

Now, you assert...."But you're making this out like she's never had any problems, never been accused, never been hounded by the press, and this is demonstrably not true" If that is true,(outside of a primary fight) I have totally missed it for a lot of years. And if it's demonstrably true, please link a couple of sources. I'm always happy to admit it when proved incorrect.

I think she's gotten her fair share of criticism. Like they said before the primaries a few years ago, but you dismiss that right away. I'm toy young to know specifics but I'm pretty sure she was criticized during her Senate run and term (like Knap mentioned for running in New York).

But if you want to get all philosophical about it, she probably doesn't receive as heavy of criticism because she's a woman. Same could be said for Palin and Rice, two women on the opposite end of the political spectrum. They are criticized heavily by the media on the "left" but can almost do no wrong on the "right". I think there is still a fear to tear into a woman politicians like they do with males because you come off looking misogynistic. Even Bachmann seems to get a slide, look at her McCarthy like accusations, those are some serious accusations to throw around but they were covered for only a few days out of the week by the media.

But if you want to get all philosophical about it, she probably doesn't receive as heavy of criticism because she's a woman. Same could be said for Palin and Rice, two women on the opposite end of the political spectrum. They are criticized heavily by the media on the "left" but can almost do no wrong on the "right". I think there is still a fear to tear into a woman politicians like they do with males because you come off looking misogynistic. Even Bachmann seems to get a slide, look at her McCarthy like accusations, those are some serious accusations to throw around but they were covered for only a few days out of the week by the media.

Please do not ever lump Palin in with Rice. Palin deserved most of the crap she got from the Media, right and left. Rice is one of the good politicians which I cringe to call her. I don't know most of her views on government, but she is polar opposite of Palin. I personally think Rice is one of the few people who actually cares about doing a good job in government.

Now, you assert...."But you're making this out like she's never had any problems, never been accused, never been hounded by the press, and this is demonstrably not true" If that is true,(outside of a primary fight) I have totally missed it for a lot of years. And if it's demonstrably true, please link a couple of sources. I'm always happy to admit it when proved incorrect.

You cannot be serious. You created this whole thread, changed the purpose of it once or twice, argued, bickered, disagreed, condescended.... all so someone would google some links from days of yore for you? No. Not going to do it. This thread is done.