*** Official Idaho State Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Let me make this clear.

Congrats to the players, the coaches and all that got to play. Great effort and all are proud of you.

But this game is an emabarssment to the program. We should never play this level of team. Oklahoma State and Florida State just did the same thing. Our fans deserve better than this from the leaders of this program. I know they make a lot of money, but watching it is like watching clubbing baby seals. I hate these games.

Again great game to the players, the coaches and a big WHY Tom Osborne!!!!!

Can you EVER find anything good to say about this program? We could throttle Oklahoma or Alabama by 70pts and you would probably find something to bitch about

I hope Bo lets the guys score as much as they can. I hate it when like last week in the final seconds of the game, they were ready to score and they took a knee! What is up with that! Let them score-let 'em score-let 'em score!!

It's called class. And in all fairness, we were trying to score and then Marrow fumbled on the 1 yd-line. That's a guy that has been less than impressive so far.

Is it though? I think playing a good fair football game shows just as much respect as not scoring because you don't want to be thought of as a coach that 'runs up the score.' Look at our game today. We were just the better team and we scored-a lot. So did we show less class because we scored so much?

There is a big difference between playing the game like we did today, and not taking a knee in the last few seconds, but rather going for that final score to kick the other team in the balls while they're down. Taking that final score shows no class.

Here's why I think it's sad when we don't go ahead and score: That might be the only time that NU kid gets a chance to score. I'm for finishing the game. It's just a personal preference. :)

I listened to, someone on KFAB interview the Idaho St. coach before the game and one of the things he said he liked about being able to play big teams like Nebraska is all the money that Idaho St. gets. He said that it all goes back in to the athletic programs. It really helps their players and their school. So if we look at this game in that light, it's not so bad. It also helps our 2nd and 3rd string kids get a chance to play. We all crabbed about that last year-how Bo would not play the younger kids. Well, they got to play a bunch tonight! It was fun watching them! Great game Huskers!

I'm with ya lady hawke. For some of these kids, this mite be there only chance at playing time this year. Got 100 kids on the sideline. The 4th string LT got to play today, next week unlikely.

Especially kids that are from Nebraska. It's a huge deal to play on national television if you are from a small Nebraska town! While I can appreciate the notion of not being a team that runs up the score I also feel badly for those guys that rarely get to see the field. :)