Moving Day 1 week away

Moving in 1 week from today. I am so glad the game isn't till 7PM. Moving in the AM, then will be unpacking stuff during the day so hopefully I can sit down during the game.

My sister was moving in Missouri during the Nebraska vs Missouri game of 2001, and my Dad had the game on the radio in the truck we were unpacking and one of the first things he had to unpack was the Entertainment center and TV and electronics so we could see what was going on with the game while we unpacked. Needless to say, later that night we got some looks in our Husker gear, but the Missouri fans were really nice.

Anybody else got any Nebraska gameday stories where you had to move, or go to a Wedding reception, etc? I have been to family events where someone has a baseball or football game on the tv.

One of my good friends got married on game day.

The reception started that night and so did Huskers vs Missouri. Reception was at a hotel, it was sad how empty the dance floor was and how full the gym room was (only room with a TV).

It also didn't help that the reception had ZERO alcohol. REALLY? A WEDDING RECEPTION WITH NO ALCOHOL ON GAME DAY????

snl_really.jpg

So, I'm out here in Cali and a friend of mine (actually the husband of a husband/wife couple friend of my wife and mine) was having a surprise milestone birthday party on gameday. All of our friends were going to be there, but I didn't want to miss the game...so I bought tickets to the game and flew to Nebraska to watch in person. I figured "I was sitting at home watching the Husker game on TV" was not a good enough excuse to miss his party, but "I was in Lincoln at the Husker game" would get me out of it without looking like a total dick.

The reception started that night and so did Huskers vs Missouri. Reception was at a hotel, it was sad how empty the dance floor was and how full the gym room was (only room with a TV).

It also didn't help that the reception had ZERO alcohol. REALLY? A WEDDING RECEPTION WITH NO ALCOHOL ON GAME DAY????

snl_really.jpg

And you say 'good friend?' I say friend who is being led by his 'little general' into a trap set by a coniving, figure skating loving, female. Sooooooooo saaaaaaaaad.

T_O_B

snl_really.jpg

And you say 'good friend?' I say friend who is being led by his 'little general' into a trap set by a coniving, figure skating loving, female. Sooooooooo saaaaaaaaad.

T_O_B

Actually the bride was the friend.

Groom was a Morman, hence no alcohol. Sooooo saaaaaaaaaad indeed.