Packers-Seahawks

tschu

Take away the crappy refs, and in reality the Packers have no one to really blame but themselves. You scored all of 12 points on the road. Really? When does scoring 12 points on the road win anything? You scored zero points in the first half, and got owned by the Seattle defense. And it wasn't like the refs were doing Seattle any favors either. Maybe if Aaron Rodgers spent less time blowing the smoke away from his finger gun and more time completing passes and not getting sacked, they'd be the same team from last year.

Take away the crappy refs, and in reality the Packers have no one to really blame but themselves. You scored all of 12 points on the road. Really? When does scoring 12 points on the road win anything? You scored zero points in the first half, and got owned by the Seattle defense. And it wasn't like the refs were doing Seattle any favors either. Maybe if Aaron Rodgers spent less time blowing the smoke away from his finger gun and more time completing passes and not getting sacked, they'd be the same team from last year.

This is a dumb viewpoint. The point is that the Packers won this game fair and square, but the refs blew it. There are ifs ands and buts in every football game.

Refs made the right call. Two players came down with the ball... goes to offensive player. Called touchdown on the field. Possession isn't reviewable, so even if it "looks" like Jennings made the interception in the slow mo, doesn't matter.

Sure, if you watch the review it looks like Jennings made the interception first... but that doesn't matter.

It's never good for a game to be decided like this, but chill out people--- and quit blaming the NFL or Roger G. for bad calls. There are always two sides to any negotiation, and despite what you might want to believe...when a labor union goes to the bargaining table demanding more money, there always exists the risk they are collectively laid off and replaced.

This is a dumb viewpoint. The point is that the Packers won this game fair and square, but the refs blew it. There are ifs ands and buts in every football game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpjAuL9KT6s&feature=player_detailpage#t=19s

Refs made the right call. Two players came down with the ball... goes to offensive player. Called touchdown on the field. Possession isn't reviewable, so even if it "looks" like Jennings made the interception in the slow mo, doesn't matter.

Sure, if you watch the review it looks like Jennings made the interception first... but that doesn't matter.

It's never good for a game to be decided like this, but chill out people--- and quit blaming the NFL or Roger G. for bad calls. There are always two sides to any negotiation, and despite what you might want to believe...when a labor union goes to the bargaining table demanding more money, there always exists the risk they are collectively laid off and replaced.

Except it's pretty obvious from the replay Jennings caught the ball and maintained possession, and the Seahawks guy was just grabbing onto it after. I'll take Gerry Austin's viewpoint (27 years in the NFL with the zebras) over yours. But once the call was f'd up on the field, nothing could be done to change it, and that's a problem.

As for the labor dispute, yes, the NFL does look like a f'ing joke because of it. There are billions of dollars flowing through the NFL - it wouldn't take much to give the refs pretty close to what they want and end this. The NFL suits are only worried about getting that last 5 cents each day into their pockets, and they're doing it at the expense of the league's integrity. A league built entirely on image - which the suits are now openly pissing on.

f'ing sad.

Actually it does matter. It's stated pretty clearly in the rules that if a player has control of the ball first it cannot become dual possession. Which is basically what happen, Jennings intercepted it Tate put a hand on it and took it away in the scrum.

How do you like being told, that touchdown which we support and count, was offensive PI?

yikes. I can see why, but Green Bay got jobbed here, and they were all but given official confirmation. With no recourse to actually change the outcome.

As for the catch itself, I don't know ...I feel there is a solid case for joint possession there, but it is sorta hard to say, and maybe I didn't get such a close look at it. Jennings may have gotten a hand on it but he certainly didn't have possession before Tate got in there. You have to come down with the ball in bounds first. Tate was in there while Jennings was still airborne, or at worst was wrestling possession away as one foot came down.

It appears to me that Tate goes up with both hands as does Jennings. It looks like Jennings get two hands on the ball and pulls it towards his chest, while Tate also gets two hands on the ball at basically the same time. My issue comes in where Tate removes his right hand as they are coming down, which is still part of the catch in progress. This can best be seen right at the start of the video I posted where Gerry Austin is breaking it down.

When Tate removes that right hand, I feel like Jennings now has two hands on the ball and has it pulled to his chest, wrapping it up. Tate only has one hand on the ball, but he's not really possessing it, Jennings is. Tate then puts his right hand back on the ball and struggles for it with Jennings.

To me, Tate had far less claim on the ball when he removed his right hand. Jennings actually caught it, Tate only had a hand on it.

Except it's pretty obvious from the replay Jennings caught the ball and maintained possession, and the Seahawks guy was just grabbing onto it after. I'll take Gerry Austin's viewpoint (27 years in the NFL with the zebras) over yours. But once the call was f'd up on the field, nothing could be done to change it, and that's a problem.

As for the labor dispute, yes, the NFL does look like a f'ing joke because of it. There are billions of dollars flowing through the NFL - it wouldn't take much to give the refs pretty close to what they want and end this. The NFL suits are only worried about getting that last 5 cents each day into their pockets, and they're doing it at the expense of the league's integrity. A league built entirely on image - which the suits are now openly pissing on.

f'ing sad.

It's not obvious, sorry. I'm not sure your definition of 'obvious' is, but mine doesn't pass this threshold. I agree, on replay...and in the immediate seconds following the play it looks MORE LIKE and interception, than a reception... but that doesn't mean the refs got it wrong. they still both came down with the ball, arms tangled, each two hands on the balls.... receiver gets it.

If they call it the other way, Seattle is claiming the refs f'd up the call. It was that close.

Just because the NFL has money doesn't mean it has to bend to the demands of a labor union. The NFL is a business, trying to make business decisions on what's best for the NFL. Image is certainly a part of it...but guess what... by the end of the years, these 'replacement' refs will be THE REFS.

Actually it does matter. It's stated pretty clearly in the rules that if a player has control of the ball first it cannot become dual possession. Which is basically what happen, Jennings intercepted it Tate put a hand on it and took it away in the scrum.

The rules might be clear about that, but it's not clear he had "control" of the ball for the split second at the pinnacle of his jump, just before Tate got both his hands on the ball.