"Why I refuse to Vote for Barack Obama"

zoogs

To be fair, it is not Obama so much that plays the race card as his supporters and party do it for him and apparently with his approval because I have never seen him try to clarify or distance himself from it.

That's quite a change from faulting Obama for relentlessly playing the race card . . . isn't it?

If those are the only 2 choices for examples of the class warfare, being waged by Obama and the dems, that you can come up with, the best answer would be for you start paying closer attention.

It seems like you're starting with the assumption that class warfare is being waged by Obama and the dems. That sort of thinking will lead you to some interesting places.

He [Obama] is very clear to identify the top 1%, claim that Romney will give that 1% tax breaks while raising the burden on the middle class and THAT is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Could you provide a link? I can't recall ever seeing Obama saying that but I certainly might have missed it.

Maybe the thing I most tired of hearing is "those are the policies that got us into this mess". That may be true for the policies that allowed some of the hijinks on wallstreet, with mortgage lenders, etc. but that is not how Obama has been using that phrase. He is very clear to identify the top 1%, claim that Romney will give that 1% tax breaks while raising the burden on the middle class and THAT is what got us into this mess in the first place. Newsflash- that isn't what got us into this mess. I agree that the loopholes need to be eliminated for the top earners and wealthiest in this country and that things are currently stacked against the middle class. But, instead of being clear about what really needs to be fixed (either because he doesn't understand what that is or because he just wants to play politics, divide, and conquer) he is satisfied with trying to create a lynch mob mentality within the other 99%. Apparently it is working on about 50% of the people but not me.

Did you read this in an Obama press release or did you hear Obama say this? I'd love to read it/hear it.

Watch virtually any TV channel this evening. If you do not see an Obama commercial that indicates this at least 2 times per hour, I would be very surprised.

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to provide one...

As for necessity, yes, at first. And I mean the first few years only. However, that necessity was wasted here by sending soldiers to Iraq. The main effort should only have been focused in Afghanistan. By sending in a skeleton crew, we afforded the insurgents the time to move to outlying areas to train, get equipped by nearby pro-insurgent countries and recruit foreign fighters to come back and fight. Even then I doubt it would have eliminated the threat. To this day you kill a bad guy, and another replaces him within days. Kind of like I mentioned above...I think there are more issues with the social machine in Afghanistan than with anything else. Afghan soldiers don't have the same fight in them like Coalition soldiers. We will create a large vacuum here when we leave.

Edit: More to follow...have to wake up early in the morning!

Thanks Army Husker.

edit- I just realized that I live in the battleground state of Colorado so, possibly we are getting hammered with some ads that you aren't seeing. But, I would bet you're getting some of the same ones and might just be interpreting them a little differently than I do.

i truly pity you. i hate all political advertisements. they all make me cringe.

you are not going to get an american president with a humanitarian foreign policy. it is despicable, but true.

as for everyone criticizing obama as the lesser of two evils, that is a little extreme. first, what the hell does romney stand for? someone, please tell me, on any issue what does he stand for? seriously.

second, i think if we are honest with ourselves, we all know the real problem is congress; specifically the senate, it should not exist.

finally, whoever does win this election is going to get credit for fixing the economy, because it will happen on his watch. and the economy is turning.

Let me get this straight, you want to get rid of the US Senate?

And what part of Obama's foreign policy is humanitarian?

yes, the senate is undemocratic, unresponsive, and unnecessary.

and i said no president's foreign policy is humanitarian.

Misunderstood your Presidential foreign policy jab...my mistake.

The Senate is a part of the balance of power in the government, without it smaller states would get railroaded into submission. Do I like the way senators work? Nope, I think they are all pompous idiots, but that is because we as voters have allowed them to be. We have continued to vote for party instead of for reason. Blindly voting for a candidate because he/she is an incumbent and the same party you affiliate with is poor citizenship. (this rant directed at the USA not at any one poster)

you are not going to get an american president with a humanitarian foreign policy. it is despicable, but true.

as for everyone criticizing obama as the lesser of two evils, that is a little extreme. first, what the hell does romney stand for? someone, please tell me, on any issue what does he stand for? seriously.

second, i think if we are honest with ourselves, we all know the real problem is congress; specifically the senate, it should not exist.

finally, whoever does win this election is going to get credit for fixing the economy, because it will happen on his watch. and the economy is turning.

Let me get this straight, you want to get rid of the US Senate?

And what part of Obama's foreign policy is humanitarian?

yes, the senate is undemocratic, unresponsive, and unnecessary.

and i said no president's foreign policy is humanitarian.

Misunderstood your Presidential foreign policy jab...my mistake.

The Senate is a part of the balance of power in the government, without it smaller states would get railroaded into submission. Do I like the way senators work? Nope, I think they are all pompous idiots, but that is because we as voters have allowed them to be. We have continued to vote for party instead of for reason. Blindly voting for a candidate because he/she is an incumbent and the same party you affiliate with is poor citizenship. (this rant directed at the USA not at any one poster)

i agree. but i think the senate has outlived its usefulness. i get the balance argument, but idaho has as much representation as california. that seems extreme. also, the senate is the reason for so much of the gridlock. one senator can halt everything and minority parties just default to obstruction. also, senators are the most entrenched.

i agree. but i think the senate has outlived its usefulness. i get the balance argument, but idaho has as much representation as california. that seems extreme. also, the senate is the reason for so much of the gridlock. one senator can halt everything and minority parties just default to obstruction. also, senators are the most entrenched.

You want to dissolve the Senate? That's impossible! How will we maintain control without the bureaucracy? You would need some greater emotion, like fear, and some really big... battle station or something to keep everyone in line.

Maybe the thing I most tired of hearing is "those are the policies that got us into this mess". That may be true for the policies that allowed some of the hijinks on wallstreet, with mortgage lenders, etc. but that is not how Obama has been using that phrase. He is very clear to identify the top 1%, claim that Romney will give that 1% tax breaks while raising the burden on the middle class and THAT is what got us into this mess in the first place. Newsflash- that isn't what got us into this mess. I agree that the loopholes need to be eliminated for the top earners and wealthiest in this country and that things are currently stacked against the middle class. But, instead of being clear about what really needs to be fixed (either because he doesn't understand what that is or because he just wants to play politics, divide, and conquer) he is satisfied with trying to create a lynch mob mentality within the other 99%. Apparently it is working on about 50% of the people but not me.

Did you read this in an Obama press release or did you hear Obama say this? I'd love to read it/hear it.

Watch virtually any TV channel this evening. If you do not see an Obama commercial that indicates this at least 2 times per hour, I would be very surprised.

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to provide one...

:o You assume too much. If you haven't noticed, I can barely figure out the multiquote deal on this interwebs thingy. Ive posted some pics here but have tried to post videos to no avail. If you think I am capable of posting a TV ad well, I should be impressed that you think so highly of my tech skills. Seiously- my senior year in high school (1981) was the first year my school had any type of computer class offered. I think I'm doing ok for being a ripe old 49 year old but capturing a TV ad and transferring it to this thingamajig? Ummmm----No.

Are you guys really trying to tell me you have not seen these ads where Obama is constantly claiming that a vote for Romney is in effect a vote for "what caused this mess in the first place". Honestly, they are airing them here every night, multiple times per hour. I am sick of them and I'm being rather proactive at trying to avoid them.

JJ, I never watch live TV, and I never watch commercials. The only time I do is when I'm cooking and my hands are too messy to grab the remote and fast-forward. So I haven't seen any ads at all that stick out, except for those stupid auto insurance ads with the dark-haired woman in the white room. Her name is Flo, I have no idea what company she pitches for, but if I find out I'll be sure to never buy insurance from them. Any company with the kind of money for advertising they have must charge exorbitant rates.

Come on both of you, you can not be serious. So now majority rules is fine. Let the cities and big states control everything. Please that is what the HOR's is for. You want to stop filibusters, fine I agree, make them illegal. But getting rid of one of our checks and balances is outrageous. I am seriously dumbfounded. Why don't we just stream line our whole government then, vote in a King for 25 years, who controls everything. There you go no more bureaucracy, and no more gridlock, or obstruction.

Are you guys really trying to tell me you have not seen these ads where Obama is constantly claiming that a vote for Romney is in effect a vote for "what caused this mess in the first place". Honestly, they are airing them here every night, multiple times per hour. I am sick of them and I'm being rather proactive at trying to avoid them.

I have definitely seen ads claiming that a vote for Romney is a vote for what caused this mess in the first place.

That said, I haven't seen any ads that show this:

He is very clear to identify the top 1%, claim that Romney will give that 1% tax breaks while raising the burden on the middle class and THAT is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Come on both of you, you can not be serious. So now majority rules is fine. Let the cities and big states control everything. Please that is what the HOR's is for. You want to stop filibusters, fine I agree, make them illegal. But getting rid of one of our checks and balances is outrageous. I am seriously dumbfounded. Why don't we just stream line our whole government then, vote in a King for 25 years, who controls everything. There you go no more bureaucracy, and no more gridlock, or obstruction.

i do not think it is. it has always been majority rules with minority rights.

You want to dissolve the Senate? That's impossible! How will we maintain control without the bureaucracy? You would need some greater emotion, like fear, and some really big... battle station or something to keep everyone in line.

If you're including me in that "both of you," I'd invite you to re-read my quote (included) and see if it might have a sillier, alternative meaning. ;)

I have definitely seen ads claiming that a vote for Romney is a vote for what caused this mess in the first place.

That said, I haven't seen any ads that show this:

He is very clear to identify the top 1%, claim that Romney will give that 1% tax breaks while raising the burden on the middle class and THAT is what got us into this mess in the first place.

I suspected that somebody may be parsing words and trying to link the general intent of my post to an exact word for word quote from Obama. So....when Obama, all within the same advertisement, talks about the top 1% getting breaks, claims that Romney will raise taxes by about $2,000 on the middle class, and then claims "this is what got us in this mess in the first place", what message exactly do you think he is intending to get across? Do you feel those 2 issues are what caused this mess? I'm not asking if you think there are some tax code issues that need to be fixed because I agree that there are. Do you think the average person who watches the boob tube every night understands the difference?