"Why I refuse to Vote for Barack Obama"

zoogs

I agree that the war in Afghanistan was inevitable. Why was the war in Iraq inevitable? I will not go so far as to say it wasn't, end result, beneficial, but why was it inevitable?

I haven't really paid much attention to the drone strikes. Which is why I mostly didn't comment on the article. I feel like I should care about it, though.

Also, the trust issue with Romney...that's where I have little faith in my "feeling", which is that he's a little too slick. It's full of characterizations that have been pounded in over the course of a lot of campaigning and media and comedy efforts over a long period of time. I do think he's been a disaster at dealing with the PR battle waged against him. I don't know if that means there should actually exist a trust issue. If anything, Romney has always had some measure of respect from me for his adequacy as an executive. But that's of a company, not a government.

The war in Iraq was inevitable because Saddam was a dumb ass. If you think I'm wrong, then he had to be an idiot to invade Kuwait. He would have done something to piss off the morons at the U.N., and the blue helmets would have been sent in. Which means, we'd have been there too...

Afghanistan wasn't inevitable, it was necessary...

What do you feel was/is the necessity of being here (Afghanistan)?

The line we're being given here is that the Taliban were the base of the pyramid, with al Qaeda one step above. The Taliban supported al Qaeda and gave them safe haven, so the common wisdom was, kill the Taliban, kill al Qaeda.

At least, that's what we've been told.

But, what I do fault him for is further dividing the country with relentless plays of the race card . . .

Relentless plays of the race card? Do you have any examples? I can't remember Obama really discussing race much at all over the the first 3.5 years of his presidency. Am I missing something?

But, what I do fault him for is further dividing the country with . . . class warfare.

Which one of these is class warfare?

a. Saying that we should slightly increase the top marginal rate for the wealthiest Americans.

b. Telling a crowd at a $50,000 a plate fundraiser that you are writing off the poorest 47% of the country.

Simple fact is that this economy is not going to improve while he is still prez.

. . . the economy has already improved while he is president. :dunno

I agree that the war in Afghanistan was inevitable. Why was the war in Iraq inevitable? I will not go so far as to say it wasn't, end result, beneficial, but why was it inevitable?

I haven't really paid much attention to the drone strikes. Which is why I mostly didn't comment on the article. I feel like I should care about it, though.

Also, the trust issue with Romney...that's where I have little faith in my "feeling", which is that he's a little too slick. It's full of characterizations that have been pounded in over the course of a lot of campaigning and media and comedy efforts over a long period of time. I do think he's been a disaster at dealing with the PR battle waged against him. I don't know if that means there should actually exist a trust issue. If anything, Romney has always had some measure of respect from me for his adequacy as an executive. But that's of a company, not a government.

The war in Iraq was inevitable because Saddam was a dumb ass. If you think I'm wrong, then he had to be an idiot to invade Kuwait. He would have done something to piss off the morons at the U.N., and the blue helmets would have been sent in. Which means, we'd have been there too...

The fact that we were there to eliminate the opposition. But the thing is, I feel the folks over there haven't been able to properly do their job due to beauracratic bullsh#t....

The fact that we were there to eliminate the opposition. But the thing is, I feel the folks over there haven't been able to properly do their job due to beauracratic bullsh#t....

And we continue to eliminate them every day here. I would have to say that bureaucracy has played a small part in getting hobbled time to time, but I would lean towards a larger, societal picture being the real issue of why things aren't, and will not get done here. I'm still on the fence whether or not it was necessary.

Edit: And by societal issues, I mean on the part of the Afghan people.

What's your opinion Army Husker?

Thanks for your service.

My pleasure carlfense...

As for necessity, yes, at first. And I mean the first few years only. However, that necessity was wasted here by sending soldiers to Iraq. The main effort should only have been focused in Afghanistan. By sending in a skeleton crew, we afforded the insurgents the time to move to outlying areas to train, get equipped by nearby pro-insurgent countries and recruit foreign fighters to come back and fight. Even then I doubt it would have eliminated the threat. To this day you kill a bad guy, and another replaces him within days. Kind of like I mentioned above...I think there are more issues with the social machine in Afghanistan than with anything else. Afghan soldiers don't have the same fight in them like Coalition soldiers. We will create a large vacuum here when we leave.

Edit: More to follow...have to wake up early in the morning!

What's your opinion Army Husker?

Thanks for your service.

My pleasure carlfense...

As for necessity, yes, at first. And I mean the first few years only. However, that necessity was wasted here by sending soldiers to Iraq. The main effort should only have been focused in Afghanistan. By sending in a skeleton crew, we afforded the insurgents the time to move to outlying areas to train, get equipped by nearby pro-insurgent countries and recruit foreign fighters to come back and fight. Even then I doubt it would have eliminated the threat. To this day you kill a bad guy, and another replaces him within days. Kind of like I mentioned above...I think there are more issues with the social machine in Afghanistan than with anything else. Afghan soldiers don't have the same fight in them like Coalition soldiers. We will create a large vacuum here when we leave.

Edit: More to follow...have to wake up early in the morning!

I've been screaming that for 9 years. I was in the Army too. I only got deployed to Bosnia, which was a cluster f#*k, to say the least...

you are not going to get an american president with a humanitarian foreign policy. it is despicable, but true.

as for everyone criticizing obama as the lesser of two evils, that is a little extreme. first, what the hell does romney stand for? someone, please tell me, on any issue what does he stand for? seriously.

second, i think if we are honest with ourselves, we all know the real problem is congress; specifically the senate, it should not exist.

finally, whoever does win this election is going to get credit for fixing the economy, because it will happen on his watch. and the economy is turning.

you are not going to get an american president with a humanitarian foreign policy. it is despicable, but true.

as for everyone criticizing obama as the lesser of two evils, that is a little extreme. first, what the hell does romney stand for? someone, please tell me, on any issue what does he stand for? seriously.

second, i think if we are honest with ourselves, we all know the real problem is congress; specifically the senate, it should not exist.

finally, whoever does win this election is going to get credit for fixing the economy, because it will happen on his watch. and the economy is turning.

Let me get this straight, you want to get rid of the US Senate?

And what part of Obama's foreign policy is humanitarian?

But, what I do fault him for is further dividing the country with relentless plays of the race card . . .

Relentless plays of the race card? Do you have any examples? I can't remember Obama really discussing race much at all over the the first 3.5 years of his presidency. Am I missing something?

But, what I do fault him for is further dividing the country with . . . class warfare.

Which one of these is class warfare?

a. Saying that we should slightly increase the top marginal rate for the wealthiest Americans.

b. Telling a crowd at a $50,000 a plate fundraiser that you are writing off the poorest 47% of the country.

Simple fact is that this economy is not going to improve while he is still prez.

. . . the economy has already improved while he is president. :dunno

To be fair, it is not Obama so much that plays the race card as his supporters and party do it for him and apparently with his approval because I have never seen him try to clarify or distance himself from it.

If those are the only 2 choices for examples of the class warfare, being waged by Obama and the dems, that you can come up with, the best answer would be for you start paying closer attention.

Of course the economy has improved ever so slightly (it was bound to recover some) but, if you're satisfied with the current state of unemployment numbers and really think the economy is as healthy as it could/should be, well once again I am at a loss. I believe the economy is more a force unto itself. The government can sure screw it up and make it worse but I have my doubts about how much good they can do for it. What I do know is that I haven't seen any great plans being championed by Obama (or either party in congress for that matter) that have had any measurable positive effect. they may have done some things to temporarily help keep it from getting worse but it is my belief those stimulus types of things only put off inevitable economic corrections. My only point with Obama and the economy (regardless of what Obama may or may not do) is that there would be more consumer confidence and a loosening of the purse strings with big business if somebody else, and more likely a republican, were in charge of the executive branch.

Maybe the thing I most tired of hearing is "those are the policies that got us into this mess". That may be true for the policies that allowed some of the hijinks on wallstreet, with mortgage lenders, etc. but that is not how Obama has been using that phrase. He is very clear to identify the top 1%, claim that Romney will give that 1% tax breaks while raising the burden on the middle class and THAT is what got us into this mess in the first place. Newsflash- that isn't what got us into this mess. I agree that the loopholes need to be eliminated for the top earners and wealthiest in this country and that things are currently stacked against the middle class. But, instead of being clear about what really needs to be fixed (either because he doesn't understand what that is or because he just wants to play politics, divide, and conquer) he is satisfied with trying to create a lynch mob mentality within the other 99%. Apparently it is working on about 50% of the people but not me.

Maybe the thing I most tired of hearing is "those are the policies that got us into this mess". That may be true for the policies that allowed some of the hijinks on wallstreet, with mortgage lenders, etc. but that is not how Obama has been using that phrase. He is very clear to identify the top 1%, claim that Romney will give that 1% tax breaks while raising the burden on the middle class and THAT is what got us into this mess in the first place. Newsflash- that isn't what got us into this mess. I agree that the loopholes need to be eliminated for the top earners and wealthiest in this country and that things are currently stacked against the middle class. But, instead of being clear about what really needs to be fixed (either because he doesn't understand what that is or because he just wants to play politics, divide, and conquer) he is satisfied with trying to create a lynch mob mentality within the other 99%. Apparently it is working on about 50% of the people but not me.

Did you read this in an Obama press release or did you hear Obama say this? I'd love to read it/hear it.

Let me get this straight, you want to get rid of the US Senate?

And what part of Obama's foreign policy is humanitarian?

yes, the senate is undemocratic, unresponsive, and unnecessary.

and i said no president's foreign policy is humanitarian.

Did you read this in an Obama press release or did you hear Obama say this? I'd love to read it/hear it.

Watch virtually any TV channel this evening. If you do not see an Obama commercial that indicates this at least 2 times per hour, I would be very surprised.

edit- I just realized that I live in the battleground state of Colorado so, possibly we are getting hammered with some ads that you aren't seeing. But, I would bet you're getting some of the same ones and might just be interpreting them a little differently than I do.