Why So Excited?

HuskerBCS

It is okay to feel frustrated, and/or angry, about being down by 17 points. But if a person can't tell the difference between "Nebraska giving away 21 points" and "Wisconsin taking 21 points" you are bound to be disappointed even after a win.

Not only am I excited about the "team effort" tonight. I would be okay with the Blackshirts being handed out Monday!

It is okay to feel frustrated, and/or angry, about being down by 17 points. But if a person can't tell the difference between "Nebraska giving away 21 points" and "Wisconsin taking 21 points" you are bound to be disappointed even after a win.

Not only am I excited about the "team effort" tonight. I would be okay with the Blackshirts being handed out Monday!

The team is not deserving of blackshirts at this point. They haven't done anything yet. If they play well the next two or three weeks (or put together 4 quarters of GOOD defense against a decent offense like OSU, Michigan or Northwestern give them out) We need to actually beat a mobile quarterback!! Maybe we can beat one or two of the above teams. Until we play a full 4 quarters, don't hand em out.

I would be okay with the Blackshirts being handed out Monday!

Are you kidding me? The defense absolutely sucked in the first half which allowed Wisconsin to establish some kind of running game that led to their lead at the half, along with our TO's. The defense started playing average in the second half which was more than good enough to shut down that PATHETIC Wisconsin offense. Have any of you watched Wisconsin play this year. They are horrible. You guys thought we made strides tonight? Guys stepped up? I bet you were saying the same things last week after our win over that FCS team. You guys really need to take off the rose colored shades.

Are you kidding me? The defense absolutely sucked in the first half which allowed Wisconsin to establish some kind of running game that led to their lead at the half, along with our TO's. The defense started playing average in the second half which was more than good enough to shut down that PATHETIC Wisconsin offense. Have any of you watched Wisconsin play this year. They are horrible. You guys thought we made strides tonight? Guys stepped up? I bet you were saying the same things last week after our win over that FCS team. You guys really need to take off the rose colored shades.

Are you and FLU roommates?

It is hard to win when your are -2 in turnovers, have the equivalent of another turnover with a roughing the punter (which should have been running into the punter), and drop 2 interceptions. Because NU is not a top 10 team, we are thrilled when NU beats a reasonably good team. Tonight built character, and hopefully impressed some recruits

No, I'm not kidding. The "Blackshirts" gave up 56, FIFTY-SIX!, yards rushing to Wisconsin. That is not a small feat no matter what year it is. Secondly, the defense came up HUGE in the second half to allow the offense to score points. I've watched all the Wisonsin games, they are better than any team the Huskers played with the exception of UCLA. And I have a feeling that if the Huskers had held UCLA to 7 points and around 75 yards in the second half we'd all be pretty excited right now!

I've watched all the Wisonsin games, they are better than any team the Huskers played with the exception of UCLA.

Listen to what you're saying dude. Outside of UCLA we have played Southern Miss (0-4), Arkansas State (2-3), and Idaho State (1-3, FCS).

I've watched all the Wisonsin games, they are better than any team the Huskers played with the exception of UCLA.

Listen to what you're saying dude. Outside of UCLA we have played Southern Miss (0-4), Arkansas State (2-3), and Idaho State (1-3, FCS).

You're right. But what did the defense do in the second half? They SHUT THEM DOWN!!!! That is exactly what a "Blackshirt" defense should do to a shi**y opponent. The 21 points I was talking about were given up by the offense and a STUPID penalty by special teams.

If you are waiting for the defense to hold someone to negative yards and zero points, you will never see another blackshirt awarded.

ohio state got totally dominated and they're still pretty happy with their win

They found a way to beat a Top 20 team, on the road...good for them. If we beat Ohio State next week, I will feel pretty good about that too. However, it won't change my feeling about the direction of this program under Bo Pelini.