Pelini quote about his ability (I'm assuming)

Lost recruiting classes due to the timing of Cally's departure...forming a defensive strategy (which turned out to be violently effective) to combat the wild Big 12 shootout spread style, and then completely dumping the tool box over and starting over in a new conference.

He still knows defense. Doesn't just know it, he's an innovative, respected mind. Remember '08? How bad we were in the early part of the season? Then shutting down CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford by the end...

This guy can coach, and last week, the def was the critical component. (Yeah I know...Taylor and co. had something to do with it :lol:) But that kind of thing happened in '08 and '09...all of the sudden, the light went on, and some pedestrian LB named Dillard became a raving head hunter who just kept popping up in the right spot...jucos like Gomes became indispensable, Hagg...haha, what can you even say about that guy?

I maintain the faith. I think this defense can be as intimidating as the old Germanic tribes were again...pillaging, burning, terrifying. That's what that '09 D was to me. Not just a good defense, a unit that seriously intimidated opponents. That's Bo's style. He'll get us there again. (You say we need the players? Last year's LB class and DT signees are a damn good place to start. Need OL, DE, and TE's prob in that order, but we're not moving backwards. Love and Alfalava are forward steps.

• Fire 1

Lost recruiting classes due to the timing of Cally's departure...forming a defensive strategy (which turned out to be violently effective) to combat the wild Big 12 shootout spread style, and then completely dumping the tool box over and starting over in a new conference.

He still knows defense. Doesn't just know it, he's an innovative, respected mind. Remember '08? How bad we were in the early part of the season? Then shutting down CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford by the end...

This guy can coach, and last week, the def was the critical component. (Yeah I know...Taylor and co. had something to do with it :lol:) But that kind of thing happened in '08 and '09...all of the sudden, the light went on, and some pedestrian LB named Dillard became a raving head hunter who just kept popping up in the right spot...jucos like Gomes became indispensable, Hagg...haha, what can you even say about that guy?

I maintain the faith. I think this defense can be as intimidating as the old Germanic tribes were again...pillaging, burning, terrifying. That's what that '09 D was to me. Not just a good defense, a unit that seriously intimidated opponents. That's Bo's style. He'll get us there again. (You say we need the players? Last year's LB class and DT signees are a damn good place to start. Need OL, DE, and TE's prob in that order, but we're not moving backwards. Love and Alfalava are forward steps.

+1 for the referrence.