Is This The Day?

I have a feeling this is the day we talk about for the next couple of years.

The day that we have a great defensive scheme planned that shuts down the "mobile quarterback".

The day that the offense figures out a combination of run, pass and PA plays that works and sticks to it throughout the game.

The day the O-Line once again starts to become the Pipeline.

The day we play a full four quarters of good, solid football.

The day that Bo out coaches one of the biggies.

The day we have a big road win.

The day after which we stop "hoping we can win" and start believing we will win...every game.

The day the Huskers become present in every sports show discussion.

I know I'm a kool-aid drinker, but I think the potential is there for this to be "that" game.

• Fire 3

The potential has been there, even last year we showed glimpses of greatness, the Huskers are a great team that has been beating themselves. I really don't think we really looked like we have been the worse team in our loses, just the team that keeps giving away the game. We stop that, we are a top 5 team. We stop that today.

Man the potential is there. It is there big time. I will be so pumped if we pull this one off because I know we are capable of it. I just don't know if we are ready as a team and more importantly as a coaching staff to take this step. We have all thought we were ready in the past, and we have shown that the stage is too big for us. This game could change all of that. Does this coaching staff learn from last week's 2nd half? Do they realize that an aggressive style benefits this team and it's players? Do we realize that the only ones bending and breaking are us when we play the bend don't break scheme? I say attack the hell out of them. Make Miller beat us. Don't let him dink and dunk these long drives down the field. Turn the heat up and we win this game. Play safe and we lose, that's my belief. Our offense can go toe to toe with their offense. I believe we will score points. This game comes down to Braxton Miller and our defensive scheme. We've seen this game far too many times.....this exact same scenario, and it's never worked in our favor.

Like you said, today could be the day.

It's going to be a tough game there in the Horseshoe. But we have a good chance at coming out with the W. At the end of the day, it's just a single game, but it's hard not to associate all kinds of huge consequences to the outcome.

Bottom line -- We still have a shot at the B10 title either way. But we're in the driver's seat if we can pull this one out...