OSU halftime show

I think it sucks that our kicker didn't get to warm up properly ;) That being said I suppose the right thing to do is send an apology note to their AD. We could also send them an old brass tuba as a gift. Maybe their attention craving band could use it. Remember it's not the gift that counts, it's the thought. We should impose some conditions on acceptance of the gift:

1. Halftime be extended by 5 minutes to allow our kicker adequate time to warm up

2. They return the tuba if we beat them in our next meeting.

BTW, our band is pretty good too.

http://en.wikipedia....ousa_Foundation

10 of the 28 are Big Ten schools or 35%

someone is missing....

Even the skunk weasels are on the list The absentees aren't suprising.... a good band is important to a winning tradition! Do you think Gene Smith would accept our apology and gift? We would place a lot of importance in getting that tuba back. It's not like our kicker did anything intentionally

:D

I think it sucks that our kicker didn't get to warm up properly ;) That being said I suppose the right thing to do is send an apology note to their AD. We could also send them an old brass tuba as a gift. Maybe their attention craving band could use it. Remember it's not the gift that counts, it's the thought. We should impose some conditions on acceptance of the gift:

1. Halftime be extended by 5 minutes to allow our kicker adequate time to warm up

someone is missing....

Even the skunk weasels are on the list The absentees aren't suprising.... a good band is important to a winning tradition! Do you think Gene Smith would accept our apology and gift? We would place a lot of importance in getting that tuba back. It's not like our kicker did anything intentionally

It's good that you are on the list. But it should be noted that you can only win the sudler once. That means every band of a university will eventually make the list. In this regard, the list really meant to read the earlier you get on the list the higher ranked you are.

As far as the kicker doing intentionally I don't think he did so either. What upset people is that he didn't get the message and move. You guys being new it's understandable. The reason the bands performance ran long is because it was homecoming. The court had to be announced and the winners selected. The bands purpose is to entertain the crowd, and that's exactly what they did. There is no rule to my knowledge that says they have to be off the field before the last second of the halftime clock. In all honesty the blame should be put on the field crew.

I kept telling myself that I should leave this topic alone, but I just cant.

For what its worth, after a few days of reflection, I feel pretty much the same way about the kicker on the field during Script Ohio as I do tOSU running a play at the end of the game. At some level, I wish it wouldn't have happened, but really, its not a big deal. I wouldn't have run the play, I would have taken a knee. But, we did, and at the end of the day, nothing was hurt but a little pride. I wish the kicker had not been on the field during Script Ohio, but he was. At the end of the day, nothing was hurt but a little pride.

I hope for many many classic games between these two universities. It would be a bad thing for either event to cast a shadow over what holds so much promise.

Now, when can we start trash talking about the 2016 regular season game, or better yet, the first time we get to meet in the B1G championship game?

someone is missing....

It's good that you are on the list. But it should be noted that you can only win the sudler once. That means every band of a university will eventually make the list. In this regard, the list really meant to read the earlier you get on the list the higher ranked you are.

As far as the kicker doing intentionally I don't think he did so either. What upset people is that he didn't get the message and move. You guys being new it's understandable. The reason the bands performance ran long is because it was homecoming. The court had to be announced and the winners selected. The bands purpose is to entertain the crowd, and that's exactly what they did. There is no rule to my knowledge that says they have to be off the field before the last second of the halftime clock. In all honesty the blame should be put on the field crew.

Buckeyes are being way too civil. What would it take to goad you into a rivalry game with an old brass tuba at stake? It's difficult to get excited over this contrived rivalry game with Iowa. We have higher expectations for our program. I think the "battle of the bands" rivalry could be interesting since it would have it's origin in an actual incident. The extra 5 minutes would allow the bands to entertain longer but historically it's because we insisted it for our kicker. Would it really matter that we don't play in regular season every year? It could apply during a CCG too. None of us would care that it be an official "trophy game" since that's not really part of our tradition. We would value getting the tuba back though.

No school may be honored with the award twice.

1984 The Ohio State University

someone is missing....

Buckeyes are being way too civil. What would it take to goad you into a rivalry game with an old brass tuba at stake? It's difficult to get excited over this contrived rivalry game with Iowa. We have higher expectations for our program. I think the "battle of the bands" rivalry could be interesting since it would have it's origin in an actual incident. The extra 5 minutes would allow the bands to entertain longer but historically it's because we insisted it for our kicker. Would it really matter that we don't play in regular season every year? It could apply during a CCG too. None of us would care that it be an official "trophy game" since that's not really part of our tradition. We would value getting the tuba back though.

We don't need a trophy. Let's just hate each other once a year starting when we play again.

someone is missing....

I got you now, my apologies as I thought you were being cynical. =). I would be for any type of new tradition between us. The college football fan in me had goosebumps watching those silver and white helmets clashing. It was just so iconic. Anything to heighten it would be a plus. I wish we could swap you and penn state out in the leaders lol

I got you now, my apologies as I thought you were being cynical. =). I would be for any type of new tradition between us. The college football fan in me had goosebumps watching those silver and white helmets clashing. It was just so iconic. Anything to heighten it would be a plus. I wish we could swap you and penn state out in the leaders lol

:lol: I wasn't sure if it was a case of lost in translation or you were taking the attitude that we kind of take with the Squawkeyes - they aren't good enough to be rival worthy. After last weekend's performance I could understand the sentiment. I was thinking that a pseudo trophy game might motivate our kids next time we play. This other "issue" of running up the score could also be a tradition as long as it is understood that it's not due to poor sportsmanship but rather meant as a statement - "you suck, get better!". I think all of the best programs go through stretches where they need to receive that message. This will probably happen naturally though :D

Other than the outcome, it was cool to see our two programs compete on the gridiron. Glad we didn't wear those atrocious uniforms from Wiscy game.

We don't need a trophy. Let's just hate each other once a year starting when we play again.

That works too. I can see playing OSU becoming like our experience with Texas - frustratingly difficult to beat even in the years where there is no conceivable reason that we shouldn't.