OSU halftime show

We don't need a trophy. Let's just hate each other once a year starting when we play again.

That works too. I can see playing OSU becoming like our experience with Texas - frustratingly difficult to beat even in the years where there is no conceivable reason that we shouldn't.

As long as you don't compare us to Texass fans =)

Halftime show was terrific.

I had guys I knew from high school who don't follow football at all and don't know of my interest in the Huskers were posting this all over facebook and twitter.

Ya it's pretty much gone viral. There is a petition going around to get them to the Super Bowl to perform it.

I had guys I knew from high school who don't follow football at all and don't know of my interest in the Huskers were posting this all over facebook and twitter.

Ya it's pretty much gone viral. There is a petition going around to get them to the Super Bowl to perform it.

it was truly incredible. i was reluctant to watch it, but have seen it posted on a few other websites. glad i watched it. osu should be proud.

seriously, how to your organize that? it is truly unbelievable.

it was truly incredible. i was reluctant to watch it, but have seen it posted on a few other websites. glad i watched it. osu should be proud.

seriously, how to your organize that? it is truly unbelievable.

Those guys are amazing. To learn it in one week. They are planning a Myan themed apocalypse show for the Purdue game lol...with a spaceship that comes down with Michigan aliens... Can't wait to see that one.

I think it sucks that our kicker didn't get to warm up properly That being said I suppose the right thing to do is send an apology note to their AD.

This actually happened today actually. Osborne's email was also extended to the band as well. No hard feelings officially between the two organizations. In addition, the response to the halftime show was so great that today Ohio State announced that they would be installing Jon Waters as the new full-time Director of the band. Waters was to serve on an interim basis for the season while a national search for a replacement for Dr. Jon Woods was to take place, who retired last season after 28 years of service. Waters has been on the band's directing staff since completing his undergraduate work, was a member of the band from 1995-1999 and dotted the "i" for the 1998 Ohio State-Michigan game.

To clarify a few things:

-The incident with the kicker is rare but it has happened before. The last time I can remember it happening it happening was during the 2008 Ohio State-Michigan game (The Michigan Kicker missed all of his FGs much to the delight of the crowd)

-The band's total performance time was about 15 minutes long, but could not start as soon as halftime began because the 1972 football team was being honored before the band went on. The presentation lasted about 2 minutes and the band finished with 3 minutes left on the clock. The kickers however came out onto the field with 2 minutes left of the band's performance, not a minute left on the clock as someone had previously stated. They could have waited a little longer. The band also made a formation honoring Ohio State's Athletic Department's 100th anniversary, probably on the order of the Athletic department at the last minute.

-Because of the Homecoming ceremony, the band did not have time to perform Script Ohio in the pregame show as it normally does. Traditionally, they perform this during postgame of the Homecoming game, but because of the magnitude of the game & the possibility of the fans rushing the field preventing a post game performance, the staff wanted to make sure Script Ohio was performed. After all, it would be a shame if one of football's greatest traditions was not performed at such a big game.

-Halftime timing is determined and approved months before football season & nothing happens without Athletic's approval, so clearly they were OK having the band take that much time at halftime.

Was it an honest mistake that could have been avoided if both parties had acted differently? Yes. Did it piss the ever living hell out of Buckeye fans? Of course! But I can assure that the OSUMB/OSU athletics and hopefully many Buckeye fans understand this.

One more interesting note: The year the OSUMB won the Sudler Trophy was the first year it was voted upon by music educators, and not members of the press as it had been the previous 2 years.

Thanks! Go Bucks!

I think it sucks that our kicker didn't get to warm up properly That being said I suppose the right thing to do is send an apology note to their AD.

This actually happened today actually. Osborne's email was also extended to the band as well. No hard feelings officially between the two organizations. In addition, the response to the halftime show was so great that today Ohio State announced that they would be installing Jon Waters as the new full-time Director of the band. Waters was to serve on an interim basis for the season while a national search for a replacement for Dr. Jon Woods was to take place, who retired last season after 28 years of service. Waters has been on the band's directing staff since completing his undergraduate work, was a member of the band from 1995-1999 and dotted the "i" for the 1998 Ohio State-Michigan game.

To clarify a few things:

-The incident with the kicker is rare but it has happened before. The last time I can remember it happening it happening was during the 2008 Ohio State-Michigan game (The Michigan Kicker missed all of his FGs much to the delight of the crowd)

-The band's total performance time was about 15 minutes long, but could not start as soon as halftime began because the 1972 football team was being honored before the band went on. The presentation lasted about 2 minutes and the band finished with 3 minutes left on the clock. The kickers however came out onto the field with 2 minutes left of the band's performance, not a minute left on the clock as someone had previously stated. They could have waited a little longer. The band also made a formation honoring Ohio State's Athletic Department's 100th anniversary, probably on the order of the Athletic department at the last minute.

-Because of the Homecoming ceremony, the band did not have time to perform Script Ohio in the pregame show as it normally does. Traditionally, they perform this during postgame of the Homecoming game, but because of the magnitude of the game & the possibility of the fans rushing the field preventing a post game performance, the staff wanted to make sure Script Ohio was performed. After all, it would be a shame if one of football's greatest traditions was not performed at such a big game.

-Halftime timing is determined and approved months before football season & nothing happens without Athletic's approval, so clearly they were OK having the band take that much time at halftime.

Was it an honest mistake that could have been avoided if both parties had acted differently? Yes. Did it piss the ever living hell out of Buckeye fans? Of course! But I can assure that the OSUMB/OSU athletics and hopefully many Buckeye fans understand this.

One more interesting note: The year the OSUMB won the Sudler Trophy was the first year it was voted upon by music educators, and not members of the press as it had been the previous 2 years.

Thanks! Go Bucks!

So that would explain the "100" on the helmets and field. I was just gonna ask this too. Was curious what it has and had seen no mention of it.

If they do maybe we can lend you Maher to dot the i. :lol:

If they do maybe we can lend you Maher to dot the i. :lol:

Haha that's funny.

It's no wonder why we got our butts handed to us in the second half!

It wasn't Maher's fault. The defense just collapsed. Been hearing from former Blackshirts that they were surprised at how the defense just kind of folded in the second half, like they didn't care anymore.

It wasn't Maher's fault. The defense just collapsed. Been hearing from former Blackshirts that they were surprised at how the defense just kind of folded in the second half, like they didn't care anymore.

Listening to Jay Foreman talk about this subject right now. I really like Benning on the zone. He does pretty well.

As bad as the score looked at the end, we could have been up 21-0 to OSU in their house. If it were not for the pick 6 and our failure to punch it in from a few yards out and settling for a field goal. It's more of a mental issue that the coaches need to clear up.