A coach with any class takes a couple knees and gives the ball to the ref. If any plays are ran, it's with the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Hi everybody...OSU person here, first post and I'm not here to inflame or rile up your house. Husker fans treated our fans great last year when we travelled to see the OSU/Neb game and we appreciate the class, too bad I can't say the same with a couple other schools.

Anyway I thought I'd throw a different perspective on this quote. bringonUrban in post #5 is correct, our primary back Jordan Hall is out with an injury. Rod Smith hasn't seen squat this year because of his fumble issues. Most of us were surprised to see him in the game. Our #1 TE Jake Stoneburner was supplanted with a couple of noobs during the game too.

OSU fans over the past decade were used to Jim Tressel playing with class and taking knees. It drove us mad...frickin mad. Why? Because Tress did not want to rub anyone's nose in a lopsided victory however that position nearly cost us games a number of times, the last being against AR in a BCS bowl. We're certainly not used to scores above 40, let alone 50 or 60 and are quite surprised by the final score. Especially given the newness of the system.

I do feel however that Urban is going to force change at within the conference, some of the "gentleman's agreements" are out the window much to the chagrin of Beilema or Dantonio. I think he wants to send a message loud and clear that he's going for titles and needs to compete against the SEC which is the big deal these days.

Once he gets his recruits in here that play his system I think he'll be able to compete with the SEC schools, at least that's our hope. OSU hasn't fared too well against those teams for a number of reasons, big change needs to happen to accomplish that.

Anyway...good luck to you guys against those pukes at PSU and UM.

• Fire 3

Welcome to the site OS82 and well said.

Even though we are new to the BIG, I believe there needs to be change about the conference. I don't blame Urban at all for what he did and glad that he did it. We need that slap in the face to realize what type of team that we have. I can't stand the new generation with the "take pity on us" attitude. I remember when the FSU coach back in the 90s told every coach what play he was going to play every down and still couldn't be stopped and he didn't stop when he had a high score.

Even if it was 100 to 0, I wouldn't be mad at any coach for still scoring the points. I would probably either leave the stadium or turn the tv off (win or lose), just because I would then be bored. But to see a team start slowing down would so they can give pity to the other team would just piss me off even more.

A coach with any class takes a couple knees and gives the ball to the ref. If any plays are ran, it's with the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Hi everybody...OSU person here, first post and I'm not here to inflame or rile up your house. Husker fans treated our fans great last year when we travelled to see the OSU/Neb game and we appreciate the class, too bad I can't say the same with a couple other schools.

Anyway I thought I'd throw a different perspective on this quote. bringonUrban in post #5 is correct, our primary back Jordan Hall is out with an injury. Rod Smith hasn't seen squat this year because of his fumble issues. Most of us were surprised to see him in the game. Our #1 TE Jake Stoneburner was supplanted with a couple of noobs during the game too.

OSU fans over the past decade were used to Jim Tressel playing with class and taking knees. It drove us mad...frickin mad. Why? Because Tress did not want to rub anyone's nose in a lopsided victory however that position nearly cost us games a number of times, the last being against AR in a BCS bowl. We're certainly not used to scores above 40, let alone 50 or 60 and are quite surprised by the final score. Especially given the newness of the system.

I do feel however that Urban is going to force change at within the conference, some of the "gentleman's agreements" are out the window much to the chagrin of Beilema or Dantonio. I think he wants to send a message loud and clear that he's going for titles and needs to compete against the SEC which is the big deal these days.

Once he gets his recruits in here that play his system I think he'll be able to compete with the SEC schools, at least that's our hope. OSU hasn't fared too well against those teams for a number of reasons, big change needs to happen to accomplish that.

Anyway...good luck to you guys against those pukes at PSU and UM.

I have to agree. Just have to. As much as I dislike Urban, i see him as the spark this old school conference needs. I believe he's going to ruffle enough feathers to the point that like you said, the old "gentlemens agreements" will be thrown out, and the rest of the programs will start to become more aggressive. I do not believe he is there for the long term, Ohio man or not. His track record screams it, but no matter how long it is, it should help move the conference as a whole in the right direction.

I have to agree. Just have to. As much as I dislike Urban, i see him as the spark this old school conference needs. I believe he's going to ruffle enough feathers to the point that like you said, the old "gentlemens agreements" will be thrown out, and the rest of the programs will start to become more aggressive

We won a NC with Tress at the helm...It was never going to be repeated with him. In those ensuing years the SEC just became a tidal wave and the "old way" of the game was just left in the dust...and that goes for all phases including the partnership with SEC and ESPN. The B1G unfortunately doesn't have the cache that it once did and it's going to become harder and harder to attract top coaches and talent. Urban at least sends a message...it's up to the schools to deal with it or continue the present course.

The last passing attempt (not completion) was with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Bo also called a timeout in the previous drive. (before the aforementioned running up the score drive)

Just remember that while you bitch about running up the score.

Yes we know. Myself included, understand it's not that big a deal now. typical post game, kneejerk propaganda and....wait... I've already explained this. Good day.

Didn't Bo Pelini sic 11 Huskers after Braxton Miller on every down?

A true coach with class never asks 11 guys to go after one and hit him as hard as they can....

Uh yea....yeah they do......all the time. we certainly didn't want them too hug baby Braxton, we wanted Eric Martin too rip his f'ing head off.

It's called football, its a violent sport, that's why people like it.

In all honesty nobody wants too see anyone get hurt or killed, but at the end of the day im not going too watch a bunch guys hug each other in tights. I want too see some hits, and being a running QB, well getting hit hard comes with the territory.

I would give anything to have that rotten, cheating, score running up, sneaky snake to be standing on our sidelines. The only part that I truly mean is to have him as our coach.

He did nothing wrong, he is a good coach, most likley one of the best, or will be when all is said and done.

You get what you pay for. Ohio State bought the best they could buy.

They won the game fair and square, although too many face masks for me, congratulations Ohio State, and I am afraid we will be saying that for as long as Urban is there.

The last passing attempt (not completion) was with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Bo also called a timeout in the previous drive. (before the aforementioned running up the score drive)

Yes we know. Myself included, understand it's not that big a deal now. typical post game, kneejerk propaganda and....wait... I've already explained this. Good day.

That post was obviously for the ones who still are complaining. Obviously, some of you guys didn't think it was an issue so it wasn't meant for those.

Even though we are new to the BIG, I believe there needs to be change about the conference. I don't blame Urban at all for what he did and glad that he did it. We need that slap in the face to realize what type of team that we have. I can't stand the new generation with the "take pity on us" attitude. I remember when the FSU coach back in the 90s told every coach what play he was going to play every down and still couldn't be stopped and he didn't stop when he had a high score.

Even if it was 100 to 0, I wouldn't be mad at any coach for still scoring the points. I would probably either leave the stadium or turn the tv off (win or lose), just because I would then be bored. But to see a team start slowing down would so they can give pity to the other team would just piss me off even more.

You know when you say it like that I tend to agree. When we have the upper hand I don't like to do this with Starters in because of the fact we are prone to injury and bad things happening so I would rather see us take the knee when we have already won handily like they did. I am not mad at Ohio st. for what they did, but I am mad that I thought that we would be able to compete for the title this year in the B10 and a Rose Bowl bid even after the loss to UCLA. Obviously that didn't wake up the coaches or players enough to put in the extra work to be better, that was obvious and very disconcerning.

As far as the bad boy Urban coming and changing the B10, yeah I think that could happen he has the tools to do so and his fire and dertermination if within the rules should be looked at by our entire staff.

You know when you say it like that I tend to agree. When we have the upper hand I don't like to do this with Starters in because of the fact we are prone to injury and bad things happening so I would rather see us take the knee when we have already won handily like they did. I am not mad at Ohio st. for what they did, but I am mad that I thought that we would be able to compete for the title this year in the B10 and a Rose Bowl bid even after the loss to UCLA. Obviously that didn't wake up the coaches or players enough to put in the extra work to be better, that was obvious and very disconcerning.

As far as the bad boy Urban coming and changing the B10, yeah I think that could happen he has the tools to do so and his fire and dertermination if within the rules should be looked at by our entire staff.

It's all about talent baby...and we don't have it. Specifically on defense.

That post was obviously for the ones who still are complaining. Obviously, some of you guys didn't think it was an issue so it wasn't meant for those.

:thumbs

You get what you pay for. Ohio State bought the best they could buy.

skersfan...OSU got Urban through a real stroke of luck. Many events had to happen to get him here at the right time. Illness, burnout, Pryor tatoos, Tress covering it up, Urban's wife wanting to go back home, open position at his home school, and on and on and on. Obviously the school ponied up but so would most top tier FBS schools if they had an opportunity to obtain a coach of that stature.

Really, the prospects were quite bleak for obtaining a head coach for OSU. Us fans were trying to come up with lists of potential candidates and it wasn't pretty. Beckman, your coach's name came up, Randy Edsal (gag), Tucker, Spencer? Other top coaches for various reasons had no interest and OSU has good drawing power. In the end if Urban wasn't available the OSU spot could have gone to a relatively unknown up-and-comer, a roll of the dice.

I saw a post on one of the other threads, I think it was the "I wish I knew" thread where one member suggested to go out and get a big coach because we're Nebraska. It's just not that easy even for a program as prestigious as Nebraska. Heck, Michigan which is another big time program had Miles and Harbaugh turn down offers and they got RR and now Hoke (who is doing a good job BTW but hardly a top name at the time). So I guess it's "be careful what you wish for" with your coach. I don't know who's out there at this time but at least Bo has brought Nebraska back to the discussion.

In the end, we lucked out getting Urban, we all know it but are looking forward to some new style football with a new attitude that hasn't been seen for a long time.