What classy fans

I have to say that today I was truly embarrassed to be a Colorado Buffaloes fan. I am not stating this because of the old fashion whipping Nebraska gave the Buffs, but because of the behavior of a few fans. Unfortunately it only takes a few knuckleheads (that probably started drinking in the early morning hours) to ruin the game for all of us.

I would like to apologize to all of the Husker players and fans that were subjected to the poor sportsmanship of a few Colorado fans. I take my hat off to the way that Nebraska came in prepared to play and laid a licking on our team. Congrats!!!!

I love the rivalry (even though NU will not admit that it is a rivalry) between the fans and the schools. I have several friends that live in the Omaha area, and we have been known to throw friendly verbal jabs at each other in the week leading up to the game. Lets not let a few idiotic college students ruin it for all of us.

Congrats to the Huskers and their fans, you came to play we did not (I guess that CU figured they had the game in the bag).

We all appreciate your words, but why do we have to go through the same thing every year with CU fans, regardless of location. This isn't the first time this type of thing has happened. Whta's the point????????? It just sucks for you guys, your University, who obviously you care very much about, makes themselves look like fools. Down right fools. And what do you get from this??? It's just sad. As I sad, I don't include you in any of this, but I hope some common sense eventually floats into the stuff the students are smoking.

Hunter,

It will hurt the program for a long time (just another problem at CU). I know that you guys no what it is like (NU had some problems in the 90's with players, etc.) I just hope that CU will rebound from this one day (and not just today, but the last 1 1/2 - 2 years of scandal).

Congrats Husker fans!!!

again i understand......hopefully the administration will try to do what they can to correct this type of thing....honestly, we like tough games with you guys and OU.......that is afterall what made the old Big 8 so special......we just need to bring class to all the teams and fans so we can improve the competitiveness of this division of the Big 12......no team in the north division benefits from this behavior, we truly are "all in this together" as far as bringing a level of respect to the programs in the north.....we all need to continue to work on improvement of play and fan behavior........you guys will recover

hunter

As long has they have a student body up there that does not really support the football program (they just look at it as a reason to party) we will have these problems.

I do care for the program, but the antics are getting old. I do not blame any of the players, coaching staff, or athletic department people for this. I know that alot of people do not like Barnett (I think he is a good coach, but things have gotten out of hand up there in the Peoples Republic of Boulder).

I enjoy being able to watch a good college game (I enjoyed the game today even though I was cursing at the TV alot). This is really the first time that I have seen the Nebraska team execute the West Coast Offense the way it is meant to be run.

You guys keep your heads up, it will turn around and NU football will be a little more exciting to watch the run left - run right - run up the middle. NU football will be back. The way they beat down CU today will help their recruiting efforts.

Good Game Guys!!!!

As long has they have a student body up there that does not really support the football program (they just look at it as a reason to party) we will have these problems.

I do care for the program, but the antics are getting old. I do not blame any of the players, coaching staff, or athletic department people for this. I know that alot of people do not like Barnett (I think he is a good coach, but things have gotten out of hand up there in the Peoples Republic of Boulder).

I enjoy being able to watch a good college game (I enjoyed the game today even though I was cursing at the TV alot). This is really the first time that I have seen the Nebraska team execute the West Coast Offense the way it is meant to be run.

You guys keep your heads up, it will turn around and NU football will be a little more exciting to watch the run left - run right - run up the middle. NU football will be back. The way they beat down CU today will help their recruiting efforts.

Good Game Guys!!!!

I hear ya! It would tear me apart if our fans did that. Especially on a National Television Stage!

Good Game Guys!!!!

Thank you Buff fan. I really don't know what happened in Boulder with the fans acting like that but it seems like absolute chaos. I know Colorado is better than that and should have better coaching. I hope the WCO does turn out successful at Nebraska and I hope to see improvement each year. I think we were all shocked from this game, which is good for me. I really thought it would be opposite. Good luck in Boulder.

I think Colorado has good coaching (Barnett has done some amazing things with very little talent). But as long as things like this happens it makes it that much harder to get students to come to Colorado (I think that we need to do much better at keeping our HS atheletes in state...look at what Len Dale White(sp) is doing for USC, why was he allowed to get out of state? With Denver growing into a major metro area and Colorado Springs and Fort Collins getting bigger there is going to be an improved talent pool),

only 364 days until CU and NU in Lincoln!!!!

Good Game Guys!!!!

Thanks Man. :horns2

Great to see that most of those idiots are the exception rather than the norm. It's too bad that the bad ones have to ruin it for all the fans there that just want to see a good football game.

Stuff like this makes me thankful that I am a fan of a team that has a rich tradition of being among the classiest fans in the nation

I have to say that today I was truly embarrassed to be a Colorado Buffaloes fan.  I am not stating this because of the old fashion whipping Nebraska gave the Buffs, but because of the behavior of a few fans.  Unfortunately it only takes a few knuckleheads (that probably started drinking in the early morning hours) to ruin the game for all of us. 

I would like to apologize to all of the Husker players and fans that were subjected to the poor sportsmanship of a few Colorado fans.  I take my hat off to the way that Nebraska came in prepared to play and laid a licking on our team.  Congrats!!!!

I love the rivalry (even though NU will not admit that it is a rivalry) between the fans and the schools.  I have several friends that live in the Omaha area, and we have been known to throw friendly verbal jabs at each other in the week leading up to the game.  Lets not let a few idiotic college students ruin it for all of us.

Congrats to the Huskers and their fans, you came to play we did not (I guess that CU figured they had the game in the bag).

A class post. Thanks. I know it must be hard after a game like this, but it is appreciated.

Good post! As everyone else here agrees, you hit the nail on the head.

No program is a "golden child", but having fans behave in that manner on national tv with your recruits onlooking, definately hurts the program.

Good luck to you and your Golden Buffs in the future. :thumbs

I just hope the CU admin will help the "true" Buffs fans dominate over the few idiots that really hurt the school's reputation today. My first thought was "Thank goodness it wasn't NU fans acting like that..." Then I realized that NU has a lot of fans who are good sports and gratious, but there are undoubtedly enough crazies at every major university to create a bad image.

It would be interesting to find out which positive pressures keep the lid on (tradition? self-image? peer pressure? agressive security? vocal coaches? etc?).

In the long run it hurts everyone in the Big 12 when a member school has such problems. Hope CU can improve its control over the bad fans for their own good and everyone in the Big 12.