The B1G still has recognition

Just heard on our local radio station that the tOSU/NU game had the highest rating of any show on Saturday night. Not just sports shows but all shoes. Beating out the UGA/SC game significantly, both who were ranked higher.

It really shows that for all the dominance of the SEC outside of maybe bama, they are still very much a regional product. For the big ten to compete with those southern schools for recruiting, they really need to change some things...starting with more night games, even in November.

It should be mandatory that Michigan vs. Michigan State games are night games along with Ohio State vs. Michigan and Nebraska vs. Iowa. The Big 10 is the blue collar conference that many people find appealing and can relate to. Urban Meyer is also a big name in college football which does nothing but help the conference.

its really cold at night in Nov.

Cold doesn't bother me once in a while. Doesn't have to be every week.

They play December games at night in Cleveland Stadium, Soldier Field, Lambeau Field and Heinz Field? Why not Big Ten stadiums during November once in a while?

IMO these are the biggest games in the Big Ten(not in any particular order)

OSU vs Meatchicken

OSU vs PSU

OSU vs Nebraska

Meatchicken vs Sparty

Meatchicken vs Nebraska

Meatchicken vs PSU

Nebraska vs PSU

Nebraska vs Wisconsin could get there

OSU vs Wisconsin could get there

I would say these are the extent of the "sexy" matchups. Iowa has potential but it's not a year in,year out thing.

Big Ten needs to get Wisky,Nebraska,Meatchicken and OSU 2 Big Ten night game matchups every year so that we could potentially have one big time match-up at night every week(I'd schedule 2 Big Ten night games a week on ESPN/BTN) with the exception of Rivalry week. I think Tradition during that week should win out.

None of this Indiana vs Indiana State night game crap. I'll even take Illinois or Purdue vs one of the above opponents but IU is a no no.

Just heard on our local radio station that the tOSU/NU game had the highest rating of any show on Saturday night. Not just sports shows but all shoes. Beating out the UGA/SC game significantly, both who were ranked higher.

It really shows that for all the dominance of the SEC outside of maybe bama, they are still very much a regional product. For the big ten to compete with those southern schools for recruiting, they really need to change some things...starting with more night games, even in November.

It should be mandatory that Michigan vs. Michigan State games are night games along with Ohio State vs. Michigan and Nebraska vs. Iowa. The Big 10 is the blue collar conference that many people find appealing and can relate to. Urban Meyer is also a big name in college football which does nothing but help the conference.

Ohh good lord, grow a pair...I swear Michigan fans.. There are a lot of outdoor stadiums in the nfl that get cold, it's just weather...sheez.

Ohh good lord, grow a pair...I swear Michigan fans.. There are a lot of outdoor stadiums in the nfl that get cold, it's just weather...sheez.

And they aren't in Minnesota or Michigan Green Bay is the only one I can think of, and it's a huge home game advantage.

You know what's funny about this news is that our Nebraska/tOSU debacle even trumped the debut of West Virginia and Texas over on Fox as well.

And if you'll recall, the 2009 Big XII Title Theft game was, at the time, *the* highest rated Saturday evening CFB game ever for ABC/ESPN. Even before we left the Big XII, Texass fans tried to claim it was their presence in that game which made it reach that status...even though Texass had already been in the same timeslot before against Texass AssToMouth that same season and didn't do nearly as well in ratings.

Like it or not, the Big XII lost either their biggest or second-biggest media draw, and their craptacular long-term TV deal (well, decent now--crappy in 10 years), is evidence of this.

There may be teeth gnashing about how bad this loss is, but this news should at least stoke some sort of flame in your heart that Nebraska is, for all intents and purposes, relevant in one of the areas where it matters most for the longevity of our program (and ingratiating ourselves into the B1G)--TV ratings.

No doubt. Those were two iconic helmets going at it. Another reason I wish we played every year.

I would be for it, as long as we got to swap Wisconsin for Michigan in our division and we gave up our our yearly with Penn State.

Also, for the rotation of teams we play from the Leaders division, why do we have to wait three or more years? Why not rotate every other year, or make two protected (assuming we go to nine conference games/year) series? tOSU and Nebraska, assuming we get our act together, would be a haymaker of a game every year--something the BTN could expand their network on the back of, at any rate.

I havent experience a really cold game since this....

If I recall it was about 20 degrees, windchill was in the negatives, and the wind was howling out of the north about 25 mph. Yes, we "got" to sit in the south. I was 10. I got to go cuz my mom woke up sick that morning. My lips were chapped for a week.

Since then, I've never experienced an actual "cold" game. lots of chilly days and nights. Kansas 2010 at night was rather chilly, but nothing will ever compare to this game.

Cold doesn't bother me once in a while. Doesn't have to be every week.

They play December games at night in Cleveland Stadium, Soldier Field, Lambeau Field and Heinz Field? Why not Big Ten stadiums during November once in a while?

IMO these are the biggest games in the Big Ten(not in any particular order)

OSU vs Meatchicken

OSU vs PSU

OSU vs Nebraska

Meatchicken vs Sparty

Meatchicken vs Nebraska

Meatchicken vs PSU

Nebraska vs PSU

Nebraska vs Wisconsin could get there

OSU vs Wisconsin could get there

I would say these are the extent of the "sexy" matchups. Iowa has potential but it's not a year in,year out thing.

Big Ten needs to get Wisky,Nebraska,Meatchicken and OSU 2 Big Ten night game matchups every year so that we could potentially have one big time match-up at night every week(I'd schedule 2 Big Ten night games a week on ESPN/BTN) with the exception of Rivalry week. I think Tradition during that week should win out.

None of this Indiana vs Indiana State night game crap. I'll even take Illinois or Purdue vs one of the above opponents but IU is a no no.

The IA vs. NU has to be a night game. IA is supposed to be our "new" CU, and the CU vs. NU night game was legendary. I was at a night game against KU back in the early 90's when KU was ranked pretty high. It was extremely cold, but the stadium was rocking and rolling until halftime as we were giving KU a total beatdown. Night games in the cold isn't necessarily a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.