Would love to see Nebraska and LSU schedule a home and home series.

oh... Miami and Tennessee are nowhere near LSU in caliber. These two would be a monumental challenge for NU... but, I suppose NU could conceivably compete with them (but it would be very difficult indeed... maybe win 40% of the time against them?)... but LSU is in an entirely different level --- there NU has no chance whatsoever. Even if LSU sleep walks through most of the game... NU cannot compete there.

Here comes the sun...la lalalal la...here comes the sun...it's alright..hmmmmmm

Not sure why that tune popped into my head.

Most whine about the loss to Ohio State, take a thought of what LSU, Oregon, Alabam and a few other top programs would do to this poorly coached team. You think 63 points is bad, they would put a Leach beat down us. The last thing this program needs is another Nationally televised beat down.

Get back to winning important games, take on a couple of better programs and then shoot for the top programs.

I know these games would take place in the early 20's but we have not been relevant for 10 years, win something, anything and then think about games like that.

oh... Miami and Tennessee are nowhere near LSU in caliber. These two would be a monumental challenge for NU... but, I suppose NU could conceivably compete with them (but it would be very difficult indeed... maybe win 40% of the time against them?)... but LSU is in an entirely different level --- there NU has no chance whatsoever. Even if LSU sleep walks through most of the game... NU cannot compete there.

oh and Miami, Tennessee were scheduled when they were on that level.

In a few years, when this would even take place, we could play with LSU. Who knows, in ten years when this would go down, you may be saying why would we schedule these scrubs. You just never know that far in advance. I do however, appreciate your confidence in our Huskers forseeable future. Nice to me you Kreskin.

Most whine about the loss to Ohio State, take a thought of what LSU, Oregon, Alabam and a few other top programs would do to this poorly coached team. You think 63 points is bad, they would put a Leach beat down us. The last thing this program needs is another Nationally televised beat down.

Get back to winning important games, take on a couple of better programs and then shoot for the top programs.

I know these games would take place in the early 20's but we have not been relevant for 10 years, win something, anything and then think about games like that.

Think about this, if we do somehow win the B1G..............and that's a big if, we very well may have to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl. No thanks....................here comes 80 points.

BRI, I do not consider the winner of the Big this year a real champion, Ohio State proved they are better than we are, so it would be a back in like the 2001 MNC game. We do not belong.

If it happened, I hope Oregon wins out and plays Bama, we want no part of Oregon or the Ahole that coaches their team.

I see us losing to Michigan and Michigan State, possibly Northwester and maybe Penn State and Iowa. So I think we have little to worry about facing in facing Oregon, I have more worries as to whether we make a bowl of value than that.

Sorry man, but that is what I see happening, hopefully I am totally wrong.

Your one of the ones that says we have to have 9 wins, so we keep lining up tomato cans in the preseason, actually gaining no real game experience. I would prefer we played an overall tougher schedule, learn how to win again, and then play teams in the top echelon of college football.

Meaning teams like Mississippi State, Baylor, Boise State, California, Washington State, North Carolina State and others, rather than SDSU, Ball State, Arky State and most directional schools. Win games like that then shoot for the big boys, the first teams mentioned are on our level I think, LSU, Bama, Florida, Georgia, SC, USC, Oregon are not. We need to work our way back.

There are a number of posters who say that not wanting to schedule teams like LSU makes people whiners, or that they "hide behind their mother's skirts"...

Nebraska's players seem to have fairly thin skins and fragile psyches as it is...a couple of good ass-kickings in the non-conference season with these types of players (and this is the type of players that Nebraska has seemed to have had since 2002), and we'll all get to enjoy a bunch of 2-10 or 3-9 seasons.

Winning breeds winning, and losing breeds losing...and losing big breeds losing really big.

Nebraska needs to show that they can win big games, expecially on the road, before we puff our chests out and schedule the non-conference big boys.

I do remember the days when LSU was the only team we could win in a bowl game. I say we are 5 or 6 years away from being a competitive team for LSU. They would eat our lunch and turn us upside down and shake any loose change out of our pockets. I say no to LSU, Alabama, South Carolina or any other power house SEC team. Not until we start winning the big games in a weaker than normal Big 10 conference.