Would love to see Nebraska and LSU schedule a home and home series.

Well, not right now anyway. :P

But yeah, a future series would be cool. As Po already pointed out, we're booked through 2017 with Miami (2014-15) and Tennessee (2016-17). Ideally 2018-19 would work for LSU. I'd like to see OU in 2020-21 in honor of the 50th anniversary of Game of the Century. That's looking like it'll happen too.

Would be cool. I think a lot of LSU fans already have an appreciation for Nebraskans in general from their CWS tradition.

I didn't even think about that. That little fact makes me want this to happen. Ah, the fond memories of drunk LSU fans offer my 13-year-old self beef as I walk passed Rosenblatt Stadium..

They offered you their "beef" as you call it! Question is, did you "receive" it? :lol:

Would be cool. I think a lot of LSU fans already have an appreciation for Nebraskans in general from their CWS tradition.

I didn't even think about that. That little fact makes me want this to happen. Ah, the fond memories of drunk LSU fans offer my 13-year-old self beef as I walk passed Rosenblatt Stadium..

They offered you their "beef" as you call it! Question is, did you "receive" it? :lol:

That was a rather unfortunate autocorrect.. But no I did not receive beef. I believe we are discussing LSU not.. I'll just stop myself right there.

Why in Gods name would we want to schedule a team like LSU. The way college football is to me its foolish to schedule teams like this in the non con. Schedule 3 puds and one respectable team and get yourself prepared for conferance play.

Yes, why schedule a good SEC team and open up recruiting grounds in SEC territory? Thats just stupid when you can play teams like S. Dakota St. and everyone can sit the whole game! :sarcasm To the OP, that would be an awesome series!! Memorial would be rocking! Im actually looking forward to playing Miami/Tennessee in a few years so maybe we can get a LSU scheduled after those series end.

Why in Gods name would we want to schedule a team like LSU. The way college football is to me its foolish to schedule teams like this in the non con. Schedule 3 puds and one respectable team and get yourself prepared for conferance play.

Yes, why schedule a good SEC team and open up recruiting grounds in SEC territory? Thats just stupid when you can play teams like S. Dakota St. and everyone can sit the whole game! :sarcasm To the OP, that would be an awesome series!! Memorial would be rocking! Im actually looking forward to playing Miami/Tennessee in a few years so maybe we can get a LSU scheduled after those series end.

Open up recruiting grounds in SEC territory? Seriously?

The current caliber of these two programs (and the reasonable projected future caliber over the next few years) places LSU not one, not two, but three full levels beyond NU. Our best competition this year, OSU, is a level behind LSU (at least). LSU would beat the Huskers 10 out of 10 times and do so by whatever score they chose... 2-3 touchdowns or as many as 5,6,7 touchdown differences (whatever suited their fancy at the time). No... a monumental laughable, out-classed in every way beat-down would not help NU in any way... recruiting included.

oh... Miami and Tennessee are nowhere near LSU in caliber. These two would be a monumental challenge for NU... but, I suppose NU could conceivably compete with them (but it would be very difficult indeed... maybe win 40% of the time against them?)... but LSU is in an entirely different level --- there NU has no chance whatsoever. Even if LSU sleep walks through most of the game... NU cannot compete there.

Open up recruiting grounds in SEC territory? Seriously?

The current caliber of these two programs (and the reasonable projected future caliber over the next few years) places LSU not one, not two, but three full levels beyond NU. Our best competition this year, OSU, is a level behind LSU (at least). LSU would beat the Huskers 10 out of 10 times and do so by whatever score they chose... 2-3 touchdowns or as many as 5,6,7 touchdown differences (whatever suited their fancy at the time). No... a monumental laughable, out-classed in every way beat-down would not help NU in any way... recruiting included.

Too bad were not talking about the current level of the programs. But if you could predict what both teams would be like AFTER the Tennessee series since we wouldn't be able to play them until then, by all means do so.