What the CU dominating win will do for recuriting

Nate

What affect do you guys/gals think the CU win will have on our recuriting?

I don't know if many kids really look hard at a win/loss record when considering a school. Obviously they would like to go to a school that has a great program which Nebraska does. If anything, I think it would show them something in how the game was played and maybe they can picture themselves being a part of the program in a game like this one.

It doesn't hurt, let's put it that way.

IMO this game only effects those who may have CU and NU high on their lists. I don't think anyone who has removed NU from consideration will automatically add them back on.

I would probably say that this game HURT Colorado's recruiting, MORE than it HELPED Nebraska's.

But, a convincing win on National tv surely won't hurt recruiting at all !!!!

You guys are getting your chains jerked! Benard and Former Fan are living together in Boulder. They aren't Husker fans, but they love to jerk the chains of the fans on this thread. They wouldn't do it if you didn't fall into their trap and react. They are died in the wool CU fans, but can't reveal that or their game would be up. Isn't this so obvious? For example, the "this is just one game" adage will become "but this is just one season adage", and so on.

They are laughing their heads off, because you take them for face value. Could you possibly believe anybody that is anti-everything at the current NU football game, was or will ever be a fan? NOOOOO!!!

In fact there is a rumor that both of them were in section 116 that was evacuated!

From what I have heard, it doesnt mean too much. Does this one game mean more than getting dominated by KU, or getting destroyed by Tech last year??

Let me guess, the "from what you heard" came from Benard? :dumdum

People don't remember the untelevised KU or the Tech game last year, they remember yesterday.

The nation witnessed first hand the heart of Husker Nation in it's team.

The nation also layed witness to the classless antics that the Colorado program allows to occur. They allow it because this is not the first year, nor will it be the last, that some of their fans have acted in this manner.

If you don't believe in Callahan and the WCO after yesterday, you never will.

Funny, after NU kicked UF's butt in the Fiesta Bowl, alot of highly touted players didnt want to come to NU, (Odell James for one) they said that they may never see the field.

Fast forward to 04, and after watching the team flounder and get manhandled in ways that it never has, NU got its most highly rated class in like 8-10 years. Do you really think that recruits looks at ONE GAME as a reason to attend a school, are you that ignorant?? They are looking for playing time, opportunity to get to the NFL, atmosphere, academics, feeling of home/belonging/comfort.

Do you really think that one game is gonna all of a sudden change that?? And if so, why have all of the bad games NOT changed it???

of course they are looking at all those things.....AND they are also looking to see if the WCO, the way cally coaches it, is going to work.....this was an example of what it can be.......and that is positive and you can't take that away from the kids and the coaches........just when everyone (me inlcluded) thought they would lay down, they rose up and played like champions.......played with class, drive, determination and dignity......and most of all turned a deaf ear to the critics and played and won a well coached game......GET THE HELL OVER IT FORMERFAN!

hunter

I think the biggest impact my be from high level recruits seeing players, with what they perceive as lesser skill than theirs, flourishing in NU's WCO. For example, a top WR recruit may watch that game and see Peterson and Swift catching balls left and right and say "Imagine what I could do in that system!"

I don't think anyone would argue that Friday's effort hurt NU's recruiting, but there is a possibility, albeit slim, that a recruit on the fence may have been swayed by what they saw.

As far as CU's recruiting...I think that was definately harmed.

JMHO.

Absolutely rediculus to say that one good game wont help recruiting, or that it will hurt recruiting. Jordan McMichael said that he chose BC, because he didnt like the lack of productivity that the tight ends were getting. If, before he committed, a tight end had a hundred and fifty yard receiving game with two touchdowns, even if they did nothing the rest of the year, that McMichael goes elsewhere. Not a chance. This helps recruiting. How much depends on alot of different circumstances, but it definately helps.

From what I have heard, it doesnt mean too much. Does this one game mean more than getting dominated by KU, or getting destroyed by Tech last year??

Let me guess, the "from what you heard" came from Benard? :dumdum

People don't remember the untelevised KU or the Tech game last year, they remember yesterday.

The nation witnessed first hand the heart of Husker Nation in it's team.

The nation also layed witness to the classless antics that the Colorado program allows to occur. They allow it because this is not the first year, nor will it be the last, that some of their fans have acted in this manner.

If you don't believe in Callahan and the WCO after yesterday, you never will.

Funny, after NU kicked UF's butt in the Fiesta Bowl, alot of highly touted players didnt want to come to NU, (Odell James for one) they said that they may never see the field.

Fast forward to 04, and after watching the team flounder and get manhandled in ways that it never has, NU got its most highly rated class in like 8-10 years. Do you really think that recruits looks at ONE GAME as a reason to attend a school, are you that ignorant?? They are looking for playing time, opportunity to get to the NFL, atmosphere, academics, feeling of home/belonging/comfort.

Do you really think that one game is gonna all of a sudden change that?? And if so, why have all of the bad games NOT changed it???

They must have known Frank was going to take over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO this game only effects those who may have CU and NU high on their lists. I don't think anyone who has removed NU from consideration will automatically add them back on.

I would probably say that this game HURT Colorado's recruiting, MORE than it HELPED Nebraska's.

But, a convincing win on National tv surely won't hurt recruiting at all !!!!

:yeah

Agree with everything you said.

To those who called me crazy: where are all of those committments that came in after the NU-CU game??? :wacko:

To those who called me crazy: where are all of those committments that came in after the NU-CU game??? :wacko:

Sometimes I think you make people up. It was a bigger disaster for CU in the respect that they had around 10 players visiting that weekend. I wonder what they are thinking about CU right now?