B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

So, it's possibly: Florida state, GT, UVA, UNC, Duke, ND?

I would say that's very possible with FSU being the least likely.

You have to get into the mind of the presidents to know if FSU joins or not but FSU wants in. That is certain.

The Catholicism 7 conference is the barrier between ND and the Big Ten. That's it.

Is like saying the Rhine is the barrier that keeps the Germans out of Paris.

]

So, it's possibly: Florida state, GT, UVA, UNC, Duke, ND?

I would say that's very possible with FSU being the least likely.

You have to get into the mind of the presidents to know if FSU joins or not but FSU wants in. That is certain.

The Catholicism 7 conference is the barrier between ND and the Big Ten. That's it.

Is like saying the Rhine is the barrier that keeps the Germans out of Paris.

]

That didn't work out so well for Paris 73 years ago.

Same source says that VaTech and NCSU have come to an agreement with the SEC. The politicians and the BoTs have apparently been notified.

Not that surprising since everyone has been thinking this was inevitable for a while. Just interesting since he says it's done already(and by done I mean an agreement has been finalized. just waiting for the word on the exit fee)

Is this source different from MHVer3? It's hard to tell if these 'insiders' are just aping what other rumor-mongers are saying or if they have actually heard something from a third party source.

I don't read or take anything West Virginia fans say seriously. I avoid his stuff intentionally because I get the info from confirmed insiders. The MHVer might be right, I don't know. I have heard some bad things about his info though.

Andy Katz has also heard the similar things and reported on it,Even as a passing mention,earlier. See earlier in the thread about Uconn and Cincy.

Same source says that VaTech and NCSU have come to an agreement with the SEC. The politicians and the BoTs have apparently been notified.

Not that surprising since everyone has been thinking this was inevitable for a while. Just interesting since he says it's done already(and by done I mean an agreement has been finalized. just waiting for the word on the exit fee)

has there been any mention about the exit fee as far as when it will be announced?

has there been any mention about the exit fee as far as when it will be announced?

Nothing. :dunno

I can't imagine it's going to be too much longer. They need to get a concrete answer to make sure that Maryland can join in 2014

i really think that the big 10 would want to have this annoucement within the next two months so that they can

get the schools lined up to start play in 2017(?).

i think that is when the new tv contract starts, and what a contract that could be.

Woody--I'm hearing Texass is really pushing hard for a B1G invite for some reason now (wonder if it has to do with your ND tidbit?). Have you heard that?

If they are, I would bet they're getting attention from the Pac-12 again and they want to play the conferences off each other for a better deal...

And glad to hear about FSU. Not glad to hear about Duke--would rather have Kansas, but that's just personal preference.

Woody--I'm hearing Texass is really pushing hard for a B1G invite for some reason now (wonder if it has to do with your ND tidbit?). Have you heard that?

If they are, I would bet they're getting attention from the Pac-12 again and they want to play the conferences off each other for a better deal...

And glad to hear about FSU. Not glad to hear about Duke--would rather have Kansas, but that's just personal preference.

I have not heard or read anything new on UT. I think that would make the Big Ten "Expansion Champs"

I'm with you on adding Kansas over Duke especially with UNC.

We already saw Delany come out and say the Big Ten isolated PSU for two decades. I think an old Big 8/XII friend/foe would be a good addition to the Western schools. Not just Nebraska but Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois.

• Fire 1