Paul Ryan Does Charity Work

This is a nonstarter, come on. Just as silly as the Biden and his biker friends. A VP at a photo shoot gone wrong. We need to get past this gotcha crap and focus on the real issues. Immigration, the economy, the Middle east, and the debt are way more important than this stupid photo op.

I am absolutley stunned that a politician had a photo op at a charity. Absolutely dumb founded.

Thank God Biden doesn't do that.

I'm sure this was right when he got there in the morning and that's why he doesn't have any dry wall dust on his nice clean shirt.

He sure us concentrating on that nail. Hope he didn't hit his thumb.

article-1123322-031CD99C000005DC-435_468x323.jpg

It's not disingenuous at all. From the OP, explaining what my problem with this is:

The head of a charity in northeastern Ohio where Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan and his family were photographed cleaning dishes over the weekend said Monday that Ryan was not authorized to be on the premises and "did nothing" while there.

Brian J. Antag, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society in Youngstown, told the Washington Post that the Romney campaign had not asked to make the Saturday visit to the soup kitchen. He said that he runs an apolitical faith-based organization which has bylaws barring it from hosting political candidates, and that the visit jeopardized donations from private individuals.

"He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall," he said.

Pretty disingenuous when you criticize one for doing it while your side both did it. You did get one thing right. It is pretty much a non issue.

you seriously think i am criticizing ryan merely for volunteering for a photo-op? do you not get the issue? the point is that if you want the god damn photo-op, do the work. do not just show up uninvited (and against the organizations by-laws) and just pose like you are doing a maxim photo shoot. if you do not see the difference, or why i am criticizing ryan, fine, but that is your problem.

• Fire 1

Soup Kitchen In Paul Ryan Photo-Op Faces Donor Backlash

Ryan supporters have now targeted Antal and his soup kitchen, Antal said, including making hundreds of angry phone calls. Some members of Antal's volunteer staff have had to endure the barrage as well, he said. "The sad part is a lot of [the callers] want to hide behind anonymity," he said, adding that if someone leaves their name and number he has tried to return their call. In addition to phone calls, people have posted a few choice words on the charity's Facebook wall, including statements like "I hope you lose your tax [sic] emempt status," Anyone who is thinking about donations to you should think twice" and "Shame on you Brian Antal!"

On the phone with HuffPost, Antal seemed worn out by all the vitriol. "Honesty, I really don't need any more attention," he said. "I really just want this to go away."

Antal said doesn't understand why donors would take out their frustration over the incident on those who can't afford to pay for their own meals. "I'm a volunteer,' he said. "I receive zero compensation. Withholding donations is only going to hurt the over 100,000 we serve annually."

• Fire 1

Wow...those donors are pretty pathetic.

i agree. i was shocked. it is very unfair. honestly, when i saw the headline i thought it was going to be democrat donors pulling their support, i was equally disturbed by that prospect. i guess that is why the organization had that stipulation in their by-laws.