Paul Ryan Does Charity Work

Jon Stewart:

Do you know how hard it is to make volunteering at a homeless shelter look like a negative thing?!

Jon Stewart also mentioned that the organization in charge of the soup kitchen didn't want to be associated with either candidate, so as to not politicize their charity efforts, but the Romney camp apparently were rather forceful about pulling this photo op off. As a result, this program, which from all accounts is doing good work in their community, could lose donations in the future because of Ryan's and Romney's callous and cavalier attitude about their actions.

Seriously--who are their handlers, and how the f**k do they still have gainful employment with the RNC?

That first Obama pic looks exactly like the Ryan pic. Clean shirt, no work involved at all, clearly just a photo-op.

The second pic looks like Obama may have been out there handing out stuff for a bit. Hard to say with the coats and stuff.

Regardless, it's pretty much the same thing.

I guess standing in line with a clean shirt is better.

obamas1.jpg

Or, I guess maybe he should stand in line in the cold.

obama-family-charity-photo-11-26.jpg

I guess Obama's campaign couldn't round up a clean pot for him to water. :lol:

They need to get on that. Why have him talking to people and shaking hands when you can act like you're helping in the kitchen?

LOL...wow....if this is what you guys have against him you must be desperate.

lol... wow... if you are calling us desperate because it is so easy to mock your candidate, you must be desperate.

i could only imagine the uproar if the roles where reversed and fox broke this story. i do not think you really get the whole story. ryan's handlers essentially overtook the shelter for this photo-op without permission. i agree that politicians love photo-ops and it is cynical and disingenuous, but for god's sake, at least do the work. at least take the time to actually volunteer and allow a few photographers capture the moment. why did they not just have ryan go to a hollywood sound stage?

Knapp, yes it was nationwide poll. I have never had a problem with Gallup specifically, but it is well known that polls can be skewed pretty easily. I have heard that some polls are slightly over sampling Dems to reflect the last election, but do not care enough to check or care I guess. They have said though at this time in the race, the national leader tends to win the election, the only exception I think was RR in 1980.

Oh goody and I'm sure Obama's handlers didn't take up any space for the photo shop your candidate and his daughter went to.

what are you talking about space? ryan violated the organization's bylaws. that is a little worse than just a phony photo-op.

seriously, i wonder what the story would have been if that was obama rather than romney.

LOL...wow....if this is what you guys have against him you must be desperate.

lol... wow... if you are calling us desperate because it is so easy to mock your candidate, you must be desperate.

i could only imagine the uproar if the roles where reversed and fox broke this story. i do not think you really get the whole story. ryan's handlers essentially overtook the shelter for this photo-op without permission. i agree that politicians love photo-ops and it is cynical and disingenuous, but for god's sake, at least do the work. at least take the time to actually volunteer and allow a few photographers capture the moment. why did they not just have ryan go to a hollywood sound stage?

This