2nd Debate Discussion

No need for an appeal to authority. Everyone can read it for themselves.

http://www.whitehous...ssy-staff-libya

You guys might want to think about what you're doing. Every minute spent mindlessly defending Romney on this obvious mistake/falsehood helps President Obama. The conservative spin is in obvious conflict with reality . . . and many/most Republicans are choosing their own propaganda. I've often questioned Romney's lack of respect for his voters . . . but it looks like he might have been right all along.

It is rather funny seeing the first post-truth campaign's reaction to confronting actual facts.

my thought exactly, watching you trip over yourself with the real facts is laughable.

he did NOT call this an act of terror.

Did Bush II call 9/11 "act of terror" during his speeches about it? I mean, if he didn't use that exact phrase, in that way, he probably never really denounced 9/11 at all. The horror!

I wonder if Clinton called the WTC bombing in 1993 "act of terror." If not, we probably need to bring him up on charges or something. Abrogation of duty in phraseology. :thumbs

So how do you feel about the 'binders full of women' comment?

not sure if you are talking to me or not, but I didn't hear it.

Yep, talking to you. Romney said it. What's your take on that?

again, I didn't not hear it so I have no idea what he said.

It's too bad there's no interconnected series of information systems available to you so you could find that interchange and comment on it, huh?

What a shame. If only the internet had been invented by now.

It is a fact that for two weeks after this, the administration refused to call it a terror attack.

No, it's not:

The facts: On September 12, the day after the attack that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Obama said in comments in the Rose Garden that he had learned about the attack on the consulate the night before.

"Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe," he said. "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

On September 13, at a campaign event in Las Vegas, Obama vowed to bring the killers to justice. He then added, "No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America."

On September 25, on ABC's "The View," interviewer Joy Behar asked Obama about a remark made by his secretary of state. "I heard Hillary Clinton say it was an act of terrorism. Is it? What do you say?"

To that, Obama responded, "We're still doing an investigation. There's no doubt that (with) the kind of weapons that were used, the ongoing assault, that it wasn't just a mob action. We don't have all the information yet, so we're still gathering it. But what's clear is that around the world there's still a lot of threats out there." Obama added that "extremist militias" were suspected to have been involved.

LINK

It's too bad you missed the debate, BRB, because Obama verbally bitch-slapped Romney during this exchange. He allowed Romney to blunder into this mess, encouraged him to proceed, and Romney did. Foolishly. Later, Obama chewed him out on national television while Romney sat on his stool like a fool, pissed that Romney once again is trying to use the murder of an ambassador that Obama is responsible for as a political football.

You'd have loved it.

What a vivid imagination.

I need some of that left winged good stuff you've been toking..... :smokin

Romney/Political football....? Yes...the matter has not been resolved.

Obama and his team lied...they knew what happened and tried to cover it up.

An American Ambassador is DEAD!

Now just a bunch of finger pointing and shoulder shrugging

Why wouldn't Romney use that as ammo.

Figure it out people....

he did NOT call this an act of terror.

Did Bush II call 9/11 "act of terror" during his speeches about it? I mean, if he didn't use that exact phrase, in that way, he probably never really denounced 9/11 at all. The horror!

I wonder if Clinton called the WTC bombing in 1993 "act of terror." If not, we probably need to bring him up on charges or something. Abrogation of duty in phraseology. :thumbs

You still don't get it.. I don't back pubs nor do I back dems.

I said from the beginning it was nothing but an interpretation issue. Mitt interpreted what BO said, right or wrong, to be NOT calling this an act of terror, and by cold hard facts he didn't. That may very well be what he meant but not what he actually said. So Mitt was technically right, though that maybe what BO meant.

Mitt interpreted what BO said, right or wrong, to be NOT calling this an act of terror, and by cold hard facts he didn't.

The saddest part is that you actually seem to believe this.

I think I'd be more comfortable if people were knowingly repeating the lie but apparently we've found a true believer.

So how do you feel about the 'binders full of women' comment?

not sure if you are talking to me or not, but I didn't hear it.

Yep, talking to you. Romney said it. What's your take on that?

again, I didn't not hear it so I have no idea what he said.

It's too bad there's no interconnected series of information systems available to you so you could find that interchange and comment on it, huh?

What a shame. If only the internet had been invented by now.

I don't care enough to go find it, you brought it up so you find what he said. I know you are trying hard to be cute and all..