2nd Debate Discussion

um, i just thought you were opposed to finger-pointing. but, that response was really vague. what is going on? what is the 'alarming rate of small business [sic] disappearing'? how many friends have you had to lay off? how is your family struggling?

I hate finger pointing. Also, it's Obama's fault that my business is struggling? :dunno

All that said, I just about drove off the road when the moderator actually fact checked on the fly in the middle of the debate. That was completely out of line and unprofessional. I have never in my life heard a moderator flat out correct a candidate in the middle of a debate. That isn't her place. I believe once she said it she understood her mistake and tried to fix it by agreeing with Romney about the two weeks after issue.

Listening to her after the debate on CNN, it felt like she knew she screwed up.

no, no, romney and ryan would definitely not want any fact-checking going on during the debates. nor would the american people. why do we think we deserve the truth from our political leaders?

also, i am on tweets fact-checking in real-time, why do networks not scroll fact-checks at the bottom of the screen in real-time?

I'm glad Romney got fact checked in the middle of the debate, candidates need to be held accountable real time. I was actually hoping she was going to come back and do the same to Obama about the 47% stuff, saying that Romney had already apologized for it. But I guess he didn't stick his foot in his mouth enough.

All that said, I just about drove off the road when the moderator actually fact checked on the fly in the middle of the debate. That was completely out of line and unprofessional. I have never in my life heard a moderator flat out correct a candidate in the middle of a debate. That isn't her place. I believe once she said it she understood her mistake and tried to fix it by agreeing with Romney about the two weeks after issue.

no, no, romney and ryan would definitely not want any fact-checking going on during the debates. nor would the american people. why do we think we deserve the truth from our political leaders?

also, i am on tweets fact-checking in real-time, why do networks not scroll fact-checks at the bottom of the screen in real-time?

I'm glad Romney got fact checked in the middle of the debate, candidates need to be held accountable real time. I was actually hoping she was going to come back and do the same to Obama about the 47% stuff, saying that Romney had already apologized for it. But I guess he didn't stick his foot in his mouth enough.

i agree. we deserve that courtesy. everything should be fact-checked. for god sakes, pti is fact-checked in-show. also, she did state that romney was right as well. romney tried to pin obama down on the wrong thing. but that is the risk you take when you try to politicize something as sensitive as a tragedy without enough information.

The real issue is that the administration claimed it was a spontaneous uprising for two weeks.

. . . other than the morning after the attack? :facepalm:

I don't give a flying f#*k that they used the phrase "act of terror" the next day. :facepalm: A spontaneous uprising resulting in American deaths could well be referred to as an act of terror. Once again, the "act of terror" phrase is not the issue. The problem is that they ALSO claimed it was a spontaneous uprising. Why? How is that the most likely explanation of an event that occurred on 9-11-12?

This administration is a bunch of finger pointing lets take no blame excuse making acts.

Stand up, take a punch on the chin and lead us in the right direction.

I don't care if you're a Rep or Dem if you're better off today than 4 years ago...vote Obama

Unfortunately I am not and I know I am not alone....time for an audible.

how are you worse off than four years ago and why does obama deserve the blame for that?

Holy Smokes! Are you clueless? I am small business owner. Do you have any idea what's going on? The alarming rate of small business disappearing? People out of work, having to lay friends off, watching family struggle...etc

Who should I blame it on....Knapplc?

You completely avoided the question. He asked how you are worse off. Pointing out that you are a small business owner is useless in your post if you don't mention your personal experience. Any random person could have said what you did and it would have meant the same thing.

I have a close relative who owns a small business. The worst year was directly after the crash and things have improved (albeit slowly) each year since then.

The real issue is that the administration claimed it was a spontaneous uprising for two weeks.

. . . other than the morning after the attack? :facepalm:

I don't give a flying f#*k that they used the phrase "act of terror" the next day. :facepalm: A spontaneous uprising resulting in American deaths could well be referred to as an act of terror. Once again, the "act of terror" phrase is not the issue. The problem is that they ALSO claimed it was a spontaneous uprising. Why? How is that the most likely explanation of an event that occurred on 9-11-12?

is there any evidence that this event was inspired by the anniversary of 9-11?

It doesn't matter that he applogized for it.

You would be the first undecided that I've ever seen in the wild. :P

Wait - you mean two guys shoehorning their campaign soundbites into unrelated questions didn't sway your opinion of the matter?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say!

:lol: x2

Yeah, this is unusual for me. Usually I've got a pretty set idea of who I'm leaning towards, but this year I'm standing at a dead 50-50. It's been three straight Dem nods for me, but I'm very much Independant, just a little left of center probably with definite Libertarian leanings. Every election I have no ingrained allegiance. Just been a run for the Democrats for me lately.

Really...if Romney coulda just put Palin on his ticket this thing would be a no brainer. Then again...we really can't afford that. The country is best served having her staring out her window, keeping an eye on those damn dirty Russians for us. We want her on that wall.

Hell...we NEED her on that wall.

• Fire 1

is there any evidence that this event was inspired by the anniversary of 9-11?

Aside from the fact that it happened on 9/11? Otherwise, no. But I'm pretty sure we can take it as accepted that it was linked.

it just seems to me that these tragedies happen and will persist. the middle east is an angry place and they blame america. to me, this seems a lot like the first world trade center attack or the bombing of the u.s.s. cole. it is tragic, but i do not understand the politicizing of it.

The Rose Garden, the day after the attack:

"Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe," he said. "No
acts of terror
will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
-Barack Obama

Thanks, now show me where he called THIS and act of terror?

I weep for my children. This isn't a "Dem" vs. "Rep" issue, it is simple common sense. When I was a young boy, I got caught stealing a neighbors toy. My mom said, "We did not raise theives in this house".

She didn't call me a thief, she didn't mention my neighbors name. But I knew (at the age of 6 OR 7) she was talking about me.

EDIT: I forgot to add this :facepalm:

• Fire 3

And why is this the pressing issue? Aren't there bigger things to worry about regarding this attack than whether the word "terror" was used often enough to satisfy you? Why is this the hot button?

- The promises Obama kept. A young man asked Obama what he did to earn his vote in 2012. Obama responded with a stirring recitation of the many promises he kept:

Well, we’ve gone through a tough four years. There’s no doubt about it. But four years ago, I told the American people and I told you I would cut taxes for middle class families. And I did. I told you I’d cut taxes for small businesses, and I have.

I said that I’d end the war in Iraq, and I did. I said we’d refocus attention on those who actually attacked us on 9/11, and we have gone after Al Qaeda’s leadership like never before and Osama bin Laden is dead.

I said that we would put in place health care reform to make sure that insurance companies can’t jerk you around and if you don’t have health insurance, that you’d have a chance to get affordable insurance, and I have.

I committed that I would rein in the excesses of Wall Street, and we passed the toughest Wall Street reforms since the 1930s. We’ve created five million jobs, and gone from 800 jobs a month being lost, and we are making progress. We saved an auto industry that was on the brink of collapse.

Now, does that mean you’re not struggling? Absolutely not. A lot of us are. And that’s why the plan that I’ve put forward for manufacturing and education, and reducing our deficit in a sensible way, using the savings from ending wars, to rebuild America and putting people back to work. Making sure that we are controlling our own energy, but not only the energy of today, but also the energy of the future. All of those things will make a difference, so the point is the commitments I’ve made, I’ve kept.

http://www.washingto...l-debate-contd/

• Fire 1