2nd Debate Discussion

While it's painfully obvious what the President said about these attacks and that Romney was dead wrong, it still doesn't help Ziggy. We, as a community, are failing Ziggy right now, because we are failing to create a reality that conforms to his predetermined beliefs.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

:(

It's okay. Get me back tomorrow, if that's cool.

Mitt interpreted what BO said, right or wrong, to be NOT calling this an act of terror, and by cold hard facts he didn't.

The saddest part is that you actually seem to believe this.

I think I'd be more comfortable if people were knowingly repeating the lie but apparently we've found a true believer.

Ah yes, when you have nothing else try and attach the poster.. dmj is that you?

keep telling yourself he did..

I don't need to tell myself. I can watch video and/or read the transcript to prove that he called it an act of terror. What's your excuse? :lol:

another shot at me personally..

How is that a personal shot?

The evidence shows that my argument is supported by facts and that your argument is not. If you have a problem with that then you should align your argument with the facts.

• Fire 1

keep telling yourself he did..

I don't need to tell myself. I can watch video and/or read the transcript to prove that he called it an act of terror. What's your excuse? :lol:

another shot at me personally..

How is that a personal shot?

The evidence shows that my argument is supported by facts and your argument is not. If you have a problem with that then you should change your argument to match the facts.

lol, show me where he called this an act of terror? You can't because he didn't.

Show me, it is that simple

The Rose Garden, the day after the attack:

"Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe," he said. "No
acts of terror
will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
-Barack Obama

"Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe," he said. "No
acts of terror
will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
-Barack Obama

Thanks, now show me where he called THIS and act of terror?

yeah, and it is nothing more than one person's interpretation of what he said. nothing more nothing less. Mitt is interpreting it one way, and she another.
Mitt is interpreting it incorrectly. Kind of like interpreting Mitt saying he doesn't and won't concern himself with 47% of the country as Mitt saying he's very concerned with the well-being of 47% of the country.

In your opinion. Fact is he didn't call this act itself and act of terror..

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation,"

All he said was no acts of terror..

Serious question: are you high?

Despite Mitt's acquiescence to Crowley as a Moderator, he did try to railroad his way into more time, violating the rules he agreed to. But I guess it's OK when Mitt does the interrupting and the on-stage fact-checking?

No, Knapplc, it's not 'forceful' or railroading--it's presidental when Romney does it, and uppity when Obama does it.

Because foreign dignitaries that the U.S. *must* work with will really be impressed with Mitt when he constantly breaks them off mid-sentence, sucks all the air out of the room, and forces his 'facts' on countries capable of higher levels of critical thought.

In fact, the people Romney himself admitted to bullying in his earlier years would probably say he had a 'presidental' way of hazing gay students or beating up his peers.

Makes you wonder how 'Presidential' Romney was when he was courting Ann...though he must not have been too 'Presidential', because Ann's magical vagina didn't reject him.

No, it just shows that HuskerXMan has a poor grasp of the English language. Of course, using transitive and selective 'logic', I can deduce that HuskerXMan's poor grasp of English is due to him being a foreigner.

Going one step further, if HuskerXMan is a foreigner that can't comprehend English sufficiently, it must be because he is an illegal alien. And we all know that illegal aliens are one of two things in this country: Mexicans or Terrorists. And since he hasn't said anything about Tequila or tacos in his posts (because don't all Mexicans talk about tacos and Tequila?) he's a Terrorist.

Below is a picture of the logistical consultant used:

holy_grail_witch.jpg

yeah, and it is nothing more than one person's interpretation of what he said. nothing more nothing less. Mitt is interpreting it one way, and she another.
Mitt is interpreting it incorrectly. Kind of like interpreting Mitt saying he doesn't and won't concern himself with 47% of the country as Mitt saying he's very concerned with the well-being of 47% of the country.

In your opinion. Fact is he didn't call this act itself and act of terror..

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation,"

All he said was no acts of terror..

serious question.. Where did he specifically call this an act of terror?

acts of terror
will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.
Today we mourn four more Americans
who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
-Barack Obama

See the second bold part, stated immediately after the first. If you need the help I can come over there and try to move your eyeballs across the screen so you can see the words. Let me know - I'm here to help.

acts of terror
will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.
who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
-Barack Obama

See the second bold part, stated immediately after the first. If you need the help I can come over there and try to move your eyeballs across the screen so you can see the words. Let me know - I'm here to help.

Now, I will ask one more time. WHERE DID HE CALL THIS AN ACT OF TERROR? I am not asking you what you think he meant, I have already gone over that.

"no terror acts" is not calling one specific act an act terror. It refers to all acts of terror.. What does he consider an act of terror? This one? Don't know he didn't specifically call this one an act of terror.

EDIT: neither does saying "we mourn..."

acts of terror
-Barack Obama

Now, I will ask one more time. WHERE DID HE CALL THIS AN ACT OF TERROR? I am not asking you what you think he meant, I have already gone over that.

"no terror acts" is not calling one specific act an act terror. It refers to all acts of terror.. What does he consider an act of terror? This one? Don't know he didn't specifically call this one an act of terror.

EDIT: neither does saying "we mourn..."

frabz-English-do-you-speak-it-0e950a.jpg

spin away all you want.. he did NOT call this an act of terror. And the fact that you even TRIED to justify this with that video is laughable. They did the very same thing you did, tried to spin it. He tried to take a different sentences to create one.

Which is why I said this was nothing but an interpretation issue

The fact that you need it interpreted for you to fit your preconceived narrative isn't anyone else's problem but yours.

I have zero "preconceived narrative". I hate both candidates equally, but I am not obtuse when it comes to what was said.

EDIT: fixed the post

I have no dog in this fight, I've already voted, and it wasn't for either of these D-Bags. I am not trying to spin it any direction, I agree he did not directly call this an act of terror, he did reference other general acts of terror, so call it what you will. Crowley agreed with Mitt after the fact. In the end this only matters to some political wonks, the vast majority of "undecided" voters will not pay attention to any parsing that is done today.