Position Change for C-Jack?

I like the idea of getting more speed on the field even if it means "giving up size". On another note, I also saw that Blatchford was getting a look in the dime role as well. Apparently also trying to get guys on the field who can actually tackle..........

Senior safety Justin Blatchford is getting an audition at Nebraska’s dime back position this week. Joseph explained a bit about what earned him a look.

“(He’s) a consistent guy, a good tackler. Against a team that wants to spread it out but run the ball so you get somebody in there who can bang against the run pretty good and fit in the run game.”

Link:http://hailvarsity.com/2012/10/huskers-prep-for-a-disciplined-northwestern-squad/

I've heard some rumblings of that Michael Rose might possibly be shedding his redshirt this weekend. Anybody else hear anything about this?

Nope. I don't think he is traveling with the team this weekend. This is what I've heard.

This is correct, he is not traveling, and currently in Omaha.

He raised a small stink over at HOL, he posted on Facebook about being done with his obligations to UNL, and people thought it meant that he was leaving school. In reality it meant he had a free weekend. :wasted

I like the idea of getting more speed on the field even if it means "giving up size". On another note, I also saw that Blatchford was getting a look in the dime role as well.

Senior safety Justin Blatchford is getting an audition at Nebraska’s dime back position this week. Joseph explained a bit about what earned him a look.

“(He’s) a consistent guy, a good tackler. Against a team that wants to spread it out but run the ball so you get somebody in there who can bang against the run pretty good and fit in the run game.”

In other words, Lance Thorell part 2.

Nothing against Lance. My cousin played with him at Loomis. One of those "you can put a blindfold on him and he could bowl 300" type of athletes. He spilled his heart for this program, but the honest fact is, I just dont think the Lance Thorells and Justin Blatchfords in the dime position are going to get us back or fix our problems.

I like the idea of getting more speed on the field even if it means "giving up size". On another note, I also saw that Blatchford was getting a look in the dime role as well.

In other words, Lance Thorell part 2.

Nothing against Lance. My cousin played with him at Loomis. One of those "you can put a blindfold on him and he could bowl 300" type of athletes. He spilled his heart for this program, but the honest fact is, I just dont think the Lance Thorells and Justin Blatchfords in the dime position are going to get us back or fix our problems.

True. The words getting speed and Blatchford in the dime do not really go together. Also reminds me of Cassidy, O'Hanlon and some others who played their a$$es of for NU, but didn't have that "next gear" so to speak. Although, I still think that Assante and O'Hanlon were a hell of a combo. I hope that Blatchford, if called upon proves me wrong. Joseph doesn't appear to be a guy given to BS and sunshine pumping.

Win, lose or draw Sat, I want to see some noticeable differences that Bo and Co are realizing that without All American talent and future NFL day one draftees, his scheme is lacking. I also hope to see some of the younger kids are playing and if they are as "fast" as we have all imagined.

O'Hanlon was pretty fast. I think he ended up running a sub 4.5 40, and he did end up chasing that WR down at VT. I wouldn't put O'Hanlon in the same tier that Thorell is in. Thorell was solid, but had some physical limitations. O'Hanlon was great on a great defense.

Agreed.

O'Hanlon(spelling?) would probably be our best player in the secondary this year if he was on the team. He may have looked somewhat average when he played because of the talent that accompanied him in the secondary at that time. He was a very nice player....