Position Change for C-Jack?

Wouldn't be surprised if the coaches figured that putting younger, inexperienced players with speed on the field might help nullify some of the mistakes they'll inevitably make in the process. Speed can help mask some mistakes and I fully expect lots of the younger guys to rely on instincts while learning the scheme. In other words, they'll be learning on the fly and adjusting accordingly. So long as they're putting forth the effort and using their speed, that's probably the best we can hope for at the moment.

Wouldn't be surprised if the coaches figured that putting younger, inexperienced players with speed on the field might help nullify some of the mistakes they'll inevitably make in the process. Speed can help mask some mistakes and I fully expect lots of the younger guys to rely on instincts while learning the scheme. In other words, they'll be learning on the fly and adjusting accordingly. So long as they're putting forth the effort and using their speed, that's probably the best we can hope for at the moment.

I think LD fit that mold. His first game as a Husker, I think he had like 11-12 tackles. Pelini said that he had a lot to work on, so apparently his speed made up for his mistakes.

I'm okay with having Jackson at one CB, SJB at the other, and Ciante at Nickel. Sounds like a solid line-up to me. Hopefully he gets a chance to play a lot or start.

Ciante will be starting. We should be seeing Jackson on the field though, but not as much as I would like to lol.

Linebackers coach Ross Els said he expects a lot of different personnel combinations to play on Saturday between the linebackers, nickel backs and dime backs. He said no new players would likely make their debut this week - which includes freshman Michael Rose - but said David Santos should have a big role because of his ability to play in the open field.

Ed Helms, here is the answer to your question.

I've heard some rumblings of that Michael Rose might possibly be shedding his redshirt this weekend. Anybody else hear anything about this?

Not exactly, just that we may see a lot of a glorified dime look, like what we use in '09, where we just put the most athletic guys on the field. Just heresay and speculation though.

I've heard some rumblings of that Michael Rose might possibly be shedding his redshirt this weekend. Anybody else hear anything about this?

Not exactly, just that we may see a lot of a glorified dime look, like what we use in '09, where we just put the most athletic guys on the field. Just heresay and speculation though.

I am just happy that they are going to be giving Santos more playing time. If we do this now, he will only become a better player. I think he is electric as it is, just hasn't been given that much of an opportunity.