Husker Psychology

Never saw such a tightly wound group of guys on a football field. If one's mindset is dominated by the fears of making mistakes when they step on the field, mistakes will occur.

I remember a day when the huskers appeared to be looser and at times a bit playful when they stepped on the field.

How many of us have observed a team with average athletic talent do great things when the right mindset was implemented?

Very few red faced and fire spitting coaches build legacies.

Never saw such a tightly wound group of guys on a football field. If one's mindset is dominated by the fears of making mistakes when they step on the field, mistakes will occur.

I remember a day when the huskers appeared to be looser and at times a bit playful when they stepped on the field.

How many of us have observed a team with average athletic talent do great things when the right mindset was implemented?

I don't really know (or care) what you're saying here. So FO.......

Kansas St is the beneficiary of a situation in the Big 12 that is only the fault of all the other teams. Play formidable defense and put some points on the board. Bo nearly won 2 conference titles with that philosophy. That conference is pitiful when it comes to defense. Texas and Baylor tonight? It was a basketball game in shoulder pads.

Nebraska's opponents do it week in and week out. chuckleshuffle

I don't really know (or care) what you're saying here. So FO.......

7 Day suspension for personal attack. Again, folks - keep this up and the suspensions will continue. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

I agree with the OP.

I'm really starting to believe the reason we see so many errors and just really stupid plays every single week is because Bo puts too much pressure on the players to be perfect and they psyche themselves out.

Players need to PLAY, not think. They do need to loosen up.

EDIT: Holy cow AR, you guys have had to resort to using the mystical Mod powers today, eh?

Yes, the 'FO' really did it.

Please remember, everybody, that there aren't any circumstances where attacking the poster, instead of his or her post, is acceptable. There are avenues for responding to flamebait and other rules-breaking posts; namely, the 'report' feature. We encourage everyone to use that. And there's always the Woodshed, for when you disagree with someone and can't respond nicely ;)

We have seen the team playing tightly in recent years. Perhaps this win will finally release the team of it.

I must be too old for this board. I remember a fiery redheaded coach slamming a clip board or dropping to all fours and yelling at refs. It might have been a dangumit instead of a far more colorful set of words, but he got after it.

I have seen the clips. There is a difference, though. He literally turned the whole program around and won a couple of titles, in ten years. I don't know if Bo is the same type. Maybe....

The only mindset i really didn't like was the lack of energy from the offense during the first half. There was no up tempo or trying to grind it out and keep Northwesterns defense moving and confused.

The worse one was during the Kenny Bell reverse. I saw it and thought "Why the hell is everyone jogging and not running full speed?!"