defense vs. sparty

A couple weeks ago, many though Bo was crazy for saying we had to win out. Not trying to get to far ahead but that now looks like a real possibility.

I've said since before the year started that I didn't understand the hype for MSU. They are 93rd in rushing, 111th in scoring and they are 3-3 against non-MAC schools with those three wins coming by a combined 11 points. As has been said before, if we don't flush ourselves, I really like our chances this week.

And their last 3 losses have been by a total of 6 points. This is still a talented team and we are playing away from Memorial.

I've said since before the year started that I didn't understand the hype for MSU. They are 93rd in rushing, 111th in scoring and they are 3-3 against non-MAC schools with those three wins coming by a combined 11 points. As has been said before, if we don't flush ourselves, I really like our chances this week.

Well, it's true we were overrated to start the year, but this is still a conference road game for you guys and it shouldn't be taken lightly. It is not easy to win on the road, whether you're playing a .500 team or an undefeated team. It looks to me like you guys have struggled on the road so far. Lost to UCLA, got blown out by OSU, and narrowly escaped Evanston with a W. I think you guys will win, but it should be a close contest. There are a lot of intangibles that come with playing conference road games.

Well, it's true we were overrated to start the year, but this is still a conference road game for you guys and it shouldn't be taken lightly. It is not easy to win on the road, whether you're playing a .500 team or an undefeated team. It looks to me like you guys have struggled on the road so far. Lost to UCLA, got blown out by OSU, and narrowly escaped Evanston with a W. I think you guys will win, but it should be a close contest. There are a lot of intangibles that come with playing conference road games.

True. And I'm not taking you guys lightly. But you've barely escaped with just about every win.

Michigan State is a beatable team. Nebraska is also a beatable team. Our situation is made scarier in that when we get beat, we tend to do it to ourselves, which makes it unpredictable.

On Burkhead--I was hoping we'd get a chance to see him peak, but it looks like the injury might prevent that from happening (does he have a stated timetable for returning?). In any case, between Ameer, Braylon, and Imani, I wasn't really that concerned to begin with. Disappointed, though, because I wanted to see if he had one more gear to hit before his time was done, and man did he look good early. Sad circumstance. I really wish there was some medical redshirt route still available (is there?).

I think that ship sailed with his couple of carries against Northwestern.