Libya Thread Part Deux

Sorry walks, I knew I was on thin ice using "funny" when the subject could be misconstrued to mean those that died. To clarify, it was only the obviously out of perspective bar graph to which I was referring and not what was being graphed. It's sort of like all the "thanks Obama" gifs that get posted here. I just find it sort of humorous the way Bush was maligned all those years but when the heat in Obama's kitchen gets turned up, it has to be people being unreasonable. In no way do I find US casualties funny no matter who the Commander in Chief happens to be.

Sorry walks, I knew I was on thin ice using "funny" when the subject could be misconstrued to mean those that died. To clarify, it was only the obviously out of perspective bar graph to which I was referring and not what was being graphed. It's sort of like all the "thanks Obama" gifs that get posted here. I just find it sort of humorous the way Bush was maligned all those years but when the heat in Obama's kitchen gets turned up, it has to be people being unreasonable. In no way do I find US casualties funny no matter who the Commander in Chief happens to be.

It's all good...

a) not funny, especially the guys that died in Iraq

b) that is a subjective graph... how many guys died during Obama's administration, Clinton's administration, papa Bush, and Reagan??

a) Funny isn't the right word. Illustrative is probably a little closer.

b) Many, many, many. That's why the shouts of "FOUR AMERICANS DIED" are so ridiculous. That's the point.

• Fire 2

b) Many, many, many. That's why the shouts of "FOUR AMERICANS DIED" are so ridiculous. That's the point.

So caring about 4 Americans dying is ridiculous? The point is they shouldn't have been there...

So caring about 4 Americans dying is ridiculous?

I think that you know exactly what I'm saying.

and you know exactly what I'm saying...

but putting up a graph about soldiers that died in Benghazi, compared to soldiers that died under Bush is silly... Where's the graph that shows the number of troops that died during Clinton, Papa Bush, or Reagan?

That just shows a couple things

a) we get it, you hate Bush. He's been out of office 5 years, where are all the graphs showing how horrible a president Papa Bush was or Reagan was?

b) you like Obama and you'll you use any info against Bush to defend Obama

From a military standpoint, Obama's a sh*tty president, Bush was a sh*tty president, and Clinton was a sh*tty president.

b) that is a subjective graph... how many guys died during Obama's administration, Clinton's administration, papa Bush, and Reagan??

I get what you're saying but, using it as a political platform against one party or another isn't cool.

• Fire 2

I get what you're saying but, using it as a political platform against one party or another isn't cool.

Wow, can't +1 that enough...

Not sure if the point about that graph is being missed purposefully or not. But it has very little to do with president Bush and/or president Obama and a WHOLE LOT MORE to do with talking heads in congress and on TV.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

• Fire 3

Using dead Americans as a political platform against one party or another isn't cool? I completely agree. That's my point and I'm happy that we're on the same page.

• Fire 2

Not sure if the point about that graph is being missed purposefully or not. But it has very little to do with president Bush and/or president Obama and a WHOLE LOT MORE to do with talking heads in congress and on TV.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

THIS.

It's not about "blaming Bush." It's not saying that 4 dead Americans don't matter.

a) we get it, you hate Bush. He's been out of office 5 years, where are all the graphs showing how horrible a president Papa Bush was or Reagan was?

Actually, I don't hate Bush. I think he was a crappy president who has the blood of a lot of Americans on his hand but it was because of incompetence and not because of bad intent.

b) you like Obama and you'll you use any info against Bush to defend Obama

Compared to Bush I certainly do like Obama. That's not the point of the graph.

From a military standpoint, Obama's a sh*tty president, Bush was a sh*tty president, and Clinton was a sh*tty president.

From a military standpoint, how would you rank those 3?

Using dead Americans as a political platform against one party or another isn't cool? I completely agree. That's my point and I'm happy that we're on the same page.

Your irony is lost, I'm afraid.

• Fire 1

From a military standpoint, how would you rank those 3?

Obama has done is the leader in the clubhouse, because he's actually f'ed things up the least...

Bush and Clinton were are tied for being the sh*ttiest. Bush was a tactical moron and Clinton used our military inappropriately...

• Fire 1