America will survive either way.

Well said.

We’re at the end of a long and bitter election, and so perhaps it’s worth taking a deep breath and admitting something that typically doesn’t get said until one candidate or the other delivers his concession speech: America will survive either way. Which isn’t to say the policy differences between the candidates aren’t real, and large. They are. But it’s not the end-times showdown that the two sides often suggest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/11/05/neither-obama-nor-romney-will-turn-america-into-a-bleak-hellscape/

I disagree. I think America is doomed either way.

Long view . . . agreed. We're probably just as doomed as every other system of government.

This is why I vote for Jesus ;)

So you are a Liberal after all....

But more on point, if you notice the increase in the percentage of voters who register as Independents, and the general dissatisfaction almost everyone has with both parties, its not far fetched to think there may well be a rise of a 3rd party in the near future. Which could go a long way to fixing the partisan gridlock that is more about scoring 'points' than actually getting the job done.

• Fire 1

I doubt will see a third party as the big two have made sure to put lots of roadblocks to prevent this. As far as who wins, it wont be us. Sadly we have been falling behind in many respects, latest casualty is that we no longer are even a top 10 infrastructure. Aging bridges, roads, airports no modern high speed trains. Still it's curious to watch things run into reckless hyper capitalism/corporatism, watching competition disappear to be replaced by duopolies with near fixed prices. Cable companies creating little fiefdoms all over the country. then we have the lobbying, legalized corruption with another name. Obama wont be able to do a thing as he has no support from the "elite" tax avoidance club and Romney will be entertaining to watch, in a car wreck sot of way.